It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news makes fun of former actor who now bags groceries; at least he doesnt work for msm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Man this really irks me.

I am not a frequent visitor to fox news, but I will check out all msm outlets once in a while

I happen to check it out tonight and this was the article listed fourth from the top.

"Cosby Show" alum Geoffrey Owens, who played Elvin Tibideaux, the young doctor who married into the Cosby family on the famous sitcom, was photographed working at a Trader Joe's in New Jersey.

www.foxnews.com...

The tag line was "Big time to bag time". AAnd there is a picture of the former cosby show actor looking like an old man, wigth a grey beard and a belly.

The article was about interviewing him or anything like that. Just that some guy saw this former actor bagging groceries.

It was purely designed to make fun of him.

I think that sucks.

First, it dimished fox as a news outlet, as if it could be diminished more.

And it makes them look petty and moronic.

My take is at least the guy has a job. He is not breaking the law, he is not just setting at home living off the government. He is working.

And by the way, bagging groceries is a tough job. Now you may think yeah right, but I am telling you any service job where you have to deal with people sucks. Anyone having a bad day takes it all out pn you.

And i find it funny fox thinks bagging groceries is so shameful they need to pick on this man.

Well no grocery bagger has ever caused half the damage the main stream media has.

Remember when grocery baggers lies us into the Iraq war? Oh wait that was fox mews and their msm pals

At this point, if i worked at fox or cnn or the nyt or any msm outlet, I wouldnt have the nerve to make fun of anyones job.

And yes, I know that almost all news sites have garbage stories like this. But for some reason this just set me off.

I wish this actor the est and I hope he knows that there is no shame in working a job to provide for your family.

Well unless that job is working for the main stream media.

edit on 31-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That’s rediculous.
I just looked it up and there’s over 10 “news” sites reporting on this like it’s some breaking news story lol.
The dude needs to work, needs to survive.
I hope the slob who snapped the pics of him to ridicule the guy, finds herself working at Trader Joes.
And I hope it’s at the one in my city...because we don’t have one yet, and I want one and it’s going to need employees.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That was my first legal job when I turned 18.

Me: Paper or plastic, ma'am?

Ma'am: Double paper, inside plastic.

Me: *to myself* Mother#er!

Also me: Would you like double paper, inside plastic for all three of your carts?

Arghhh... it was good when I got promoted to produce at 18.5 and just had watermelons to sculpt.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
C'mon, dude.

Fox news????

You are better than this.

And no , it's not a lazy thread, just a lame one.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Hold on, this is the same news network that goes on about lazy welfare recipients and Americans refusing to do hands on work? This news network.

Jesus.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Note that the original source article comes from the DailyMail, almost word by word copy I shall I say. I'm sure Fox News repeated this article due to the click-bait gold mine that is anything related to Bill Cosby. I agree that it is not of the best taste though.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I remember my days working in a grocery store. It wasn't easy. The hours sucked, the customers sucked, the managers sucked and you work fairly hard for not much money. Oh god...then there's seniors day....holy #...you don't want to get between an old lady with a shopping cart and that week's special. Though I did always like the stories they'd tell. A lot of them did some pretty awesome things.

Nothing wrong with doing jobs like that. I'm personally glad I don't, but I don't look down on anybody that does and I can't stand seeing people treat them disrespectfully.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I seen that earlier and thought the same thing. I agree.

What's the point?

To humiliate a person?

It's wrong, shameful.

Fox News

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Hold on, this is the same news network that goes on about lazy welfare recipients and Americans refusing to do hands on work? This news network.

Jesus.

Here we have someone who COULD have went on welfare , yet didnt
Instead decided to keep working and earn his own living
Different concepts
Learn

edit on 8/31/18 by Gothmog because: clarification for the unknowing

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Irks me too. Can you name the spineless journalist.

Can we get a picture of them.

Would really like to know. Perhaps analyse their work ethic and post it here first.

Glad your sticking up for people and not media.

Kudos to you,

my kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

Well, there you go. Kaching!!! At the expense of an innocent.

Sound them (the media) out.!

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Goes to show that modern news media is nothing more than a glorified tabloid magazine. There's more subjective opinion than there are objective facts in today's "news".

CNN, Fox News, MSNBC etc. have turned into the TV and internet versions of those gossip magazines you see in the checkout line at the grocery store.

Pretty sad when ad revenue comes before truth and impartial reporting. Every major media outlet is guilty of pandering to a certain demographic in order to keep them coming back to fuel their ads.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Having a net worth of $500k. Maybe he needed something to do or extra money.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Good on you mate. It's a slur to all hard workers.

Trouble is, cushion seated journalists payed more dunno what labor intense hands on work is.

Give me the name of the journalist. Name and shame time. Flame on!

bally

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The man has a job. May not be a glamorous job but honestly, we don’t know how much is in his bank account. He might be working just to kill time.
My parents taught me that there’s is no shame in any legal job as long as you put pride in your work. And whatever you decide to be, be the best.
What is fox trying to teach the public? This is shameful.
Who ever thought this was a good idea should have their income and penis size doxxed

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
These news stations have always been parasites, now they are picking flesh off the living

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I think you're jumping the gun on this one. My gut says he's publishing a book and this is a publicity stunt.

Like anyone would really recognize him... please.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What's really sad, is someone seen that and thought this is front page material, then others approved it.

Kick em when they're up, kick em when they're down

Dirty laundry!... Song coming to life!

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The article was sourced to the daily news. Which begs the question does everyone feel the same about TMZ or is it just Fox ?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Man this really irks me.

I am not a frequent visitor to fox news, but I will check out all msm outlets once in a while

I happen to check it out tonight and this was the article listed fourth from the top.

"Cosby Show" alum Geoffrey Owens, who played Elvin Tibideaux, the young doctor who married into the Cosby family on the famous sitcom, was photographed working at a Trader Joe's in New Jersey.

www.foxnews.com...

The tag line was "Big time to bag time". AAnd there is a picture of the former cosby show actor looking like an old man, wigth a grey beard and a belly.

The article was about interviewing him or anything like that. Just that some guy saw this former actor bagging groceries.

It was purely designed to make fun of him.

I think that sucks.

First, it dimished fox as a news outlet, as if it could be diminished more.

And it makes them look petty and moronic.

My take is at least the guy has a job. He is not breaking the law, he is not just setting at home living off the government. He is working.

And by the way, bagging groceries is a tough job. Now you may think yeah right, but I am telling you any service job where you have to deal with people sucks. Anyone having a bad day takes it all out pn you.

And i find it funny fox thinks bagging groceries is so shameful they need to pick on this man.

Well no grocery bagger has ever caused half the damage the main stream media has.

Remember when grocery baggers lies us into the Iraq war? Oh wait that was fox mews and their msm pals

At this point, if i worked at fox or cnn or the nyt or any msm outlet, I wouldnt have the nerve to make fun of anyones job.

And yes, I know that almost all news sites have garbage stories like this. But for some reason this just set me off.

I wish this actor the est and I hope he knows that there is no shame in working a job to provide for your family.

Well unless that job is working for the main stream media.

Making a youtube account for you my friend, was the best thing I've ever seen.

That was absolutely spot the frack on !

I agree with this content, 100%.

And you know, if there were no people who did the menial jobs, those who look down on people who do menial jobs would be stuck in a shtty place. Having to serve their own foods, clean their own tables, take out their own trash, deliver their own pizza.. half of them need to be told which way to wipe with gourmet toilet paper. because you know, affluent.

Who cares that an actor now works like a real person. I mean, it's not as if they were gifted with the glory stick, and will forever be a charmed individual. that guy probably already lays there at night remembering his days as an actor, ruminating over the time he could have been the next big thing... but he doesn't sit there and cry about it, he does a job that serves people. something most kids would turn their back on. he does it, because it's a job. and unless you're friggen some crappy actor from history who made bazillions and can afford to live off the peanuts your bank account interest has made, then you need to work.

hearing your sentiment in contrast to your posts, that's logic 101. Game Set and Match !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join