It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Lies /Myths That Big Pharma and Their Academic Psychiatrists Teach Medical Students

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Psychiatrists are more than likely shills, I suspect mine is one.

All he wants to talk about is drugs. Drugs drugs drugs. Instead of asking why i get severely depressed I get asked what type of medication I would like. Instead of asking about my social anxiety, PTSD etc he would ask if the dosage needed to be increased. I saw him every week and the sessions only lasted five minutes, and it was all about the drugs. One drug he prescribed (paroxateine) actually lead me to pull off the legs of a rhino beetle and eat it alive, needless to say I threw the box of pills in the bin.

So I got tired of it and suggested your method, a few beers and a date with Mary Jane and i'm cool. Now I only have to see him every two months, in fact my Aunt who is a psychologist now calls him what I call him-'Sigmund Fraud' (thank you Peter Griffin) and a few of my elder friends also prefer my method rather than getting boxes of pills thrown at them.

Welcome to the pharmaceutical industrial complex.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think they are suggesting that chem labs slip in substances outside of a watchful eye to intentionally hurt people. Rather that through ignorance of the actual mechanism on how these substances interact with the human body and the long term effects, more harm is being done than good.

Would you deny there are a lot of medical professionals that are in it for the money? It seems like the majority of the structure is designed to absorb as much disposable income as the patients have or the insurance will pay out. When I was prescribed my pharm, the doctor just basically said 'they noticed that patients that were taking these two antidepressants together stopped smoking'. No other justification or research, just observations.

But at some point when you are sitting in the belly of the beast, wouldn't questions arise as to the nature of your paycheck? Just simple questions like why and how does this product work? Why is bonding to that receptor beneficial for that particular symptom? Why is that symptom there in the first place? Could the underlying issue be prevented in the first place? Oh, well then this product is simply masking the reactions and not actually curing anything.

Maybe masking or hiding the reactions is one of the worse things that could be done. Hey, you are eating stuff with glyphosate it in and after a few years your skin is starting to rash or your organs are starting to fail. Maybe it would be better to find the actual cause instead of hiding from it? Or shoving steroids into your system to try and strengthen the body while at the same time you are destroying it. As long as the symptoms don't show, it should be alright?

So maybe the apprehension isn't about companies trying to skimp on safety controls or slip something in to intentionally hurt people but more of a scenario where ignorance or a false ideology is required to continue getting a paycheck from that institution.

I would even suggest that chemicals could be beneficial if all of the corruption and fraud were removed first. Maybe there are simple chemical imbalances that could be mediated through external means without much of a long term detrimental effect. But those beneficial cases are drowned out by the overall harm, imo.

Another wonderful thing is to see my daughter on ADHD meds, which I am completely against. When I pick her up from school she is basically a zombie. No emotions, no appetite, no drive ... just a blank look of nothingness. It takes a few hours for the meds to wear off and then she is back to normal. I just think it would be better for her to learn how to develop self control for multiple situations instead of being drugged up into compliance.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
While it is true that the FDA does not directly carry out the testing itself, it does write all the testing procedures that companies must use when doing the testing and the companies must follow those procedures and document every step, every material (even the distilled water has to be tested to make sure it's in compliance as 100% sterile distilled water), every product used must be proven to be efficacious according the standards set forth, and even if the company records a "no test" result, they must then do an investigation (also according to the guidelines set by the FDA) in order to discover why the test failed and it must all be documented.

And they can be inspected at any time and must be able to produce any or all records on demand.

You described a process testing quality control of the pills, not how they actually respond in the body, or how they psychologically impact someone. The statistical bias in the latter is the real issue. I don't think were talking about quality control in the production of these chemical soups, it' s the premise that many of them are made with the idea that the chemical propaganda myth is truth. Also, the fact, as indicated in the OP that these drugs are tested for a short while, by biased individuals when in fact many people use them for years.

I believe that there are many people in prison for murder or other violent acts, that had absolutely no history of violence until they took some form of psych drug. Now, lets see a study on that.
edit on 1-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I'm really sorry to hear that's happening to your daughter.

There's nothing healthy about taking meds for "ADHD", it provides zero benefit to her biology and is hurting her. Do whatever you gotta do to get her clean.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Magnesium Glycinate + IP6 + L Theanine = WAY more powerful than any SSRI I’ve ever had , immediate effects and ALL NATURAL. You can throw in some Benfotiamine(lipid soluable thiamin) or Sulbutramine(lipid soluable thiamin that can cross BBB) if you want to add some “mania” aka “energy” in the mix. I find taking pharmaceutical anti-depressants to be totally insane.

- It is my unprofessional opinion that the rise of depressive disorders is the direct result of the lack of magnesium in the modern diet due to modern farming and the modern American diet. How does a large percentage of the population all of a sudden, in relative time, get “depressed”? Magnesium supplementation alone is a powerful mood enhancer, which just happens to a mineral most Americans are deficient in.

edit on 2-9-2018 by valve because: Natural induced energy

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't trust the fda at all big pharmaceutical comonays talk in dollars and the fda officials have there hands out 100%

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Groot-

Root around here. If You need more I have more, there is a whole section on 'cures'

whale.to...

Asante

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have schizophrenia and I've been taking the same medication for 22 years. Every time I quit taking it I end up in a psychosis within 30 days. It takes years to recover from a psychosis. The medication is built up in my system and stored in my fat cells that's why it takes 30 days before psychosis hits. When psychosis hits I start having severe hallucinations and delusions. It's like a switch goes off in my head. I know for a fact my medication works. The medications I take have some really bad side effects. They've taken years off my life. The pharmaceutical companies and the fda knew that these drugs had really bad side effects but the benefits outweighed the risk. Personally I I'd rather die young then have to live through another psychosis.

One of the medications I take is an antipsychotic drug. It blocks the brain from producing the chemical dopamine. Parkinson's patients brains can't produce dopamine. The neurotransmitters the make the chemical quit working. Thats how Parkinson's works. One of the long term side effects of my medications is Parkinson's like symptoms. There's actually a name for it it's a syndrome. I can't remember it off the top of my head.

Mental illness is real and yes chemicals in the form pills can help people. I didn't ask to get schizophrenia it's ruined my life. I got it when I was 20. What I went through when I first got sick was pure hell. Without modern medicine I wouldn't be typing this. I'm just glad to live in a time when we have medications. Back in the old days they locked you in a padded cell or cut parts of your brain out.

In the psychiatry field there are good doctors and bad doctors. Some doctors are out just to make a buck and to keep you coming back. Medications are over prescribed and can mess people up. With schizophrenia everybody is different. What works on one person might not work on another. I know people with schizophrenia and no medication works on them. I can't take antidepressants they make me extremely loopy. Some people have crippling depression and need medication. My advice is most people should stay away from medication unless they can't function from their illness. Medication should be a last resort.

edit on 3-9-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

A lot of the drugs we pay for brands are the same chemicals that cheaper stores use !

paracetemol so its definitely all about money!

I would be inclined to believe these are all correct without even fact checking them , but I shall !

My cousin is a pharmaceutical scientists in Michigan I can ask him if this is correct or how much weight it has ?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

A parasite cleanse, my brother..... We Dr Hulda Clark
edit on 5-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The irony of some of these posts / posters is hilarious.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Most everything these people say is a lie. Or something that's been blown out of proportion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join