It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Lies /Myths That Big Pharma and Their Academic Psychiatrists Teach Medical Students

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Anyone talked to a current med student recently?

They're all f# retarded. All it takes to be a doctor today is money. Fake your way through school and the drug companies will make you rich.

Go talk to one. They're idiots.

You can say that again.

The last one I spoke to was aggressive, insulting, rude and angry, and made nothing but fallacious arguments from authority, straw men, the whole gamut.

I calmed them down eventually but that person was a nutcase.

Claimed to have their degree now too (and claims that having a degree entitles you to the truth whereas those without degrees have zero input and cannot possibly know the truth so need to STFU and do as they say!).

We are in major deep #.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

You didn't understand a word I wrote, nor do you understand the relationship between government and business.

If my husband's business set a foot wrong, they'd get shut down so fast their heads would spin. There is no secret collaboration.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: DJMSN

The public can't force big pharma to do anything not in their own interests.
Why do they have a vaccine damage court otherwise?
They have congress in their pockets.
If anything it's their own greed that causes them to release drugs without proper testing.

They have a vaccine damage court because you cannot make a 100% safe vaccine. There is always that chance that someone will react badly to the vaccine as with any medication, but the government legally requires them for things like school. So just about everyone gets a vaccine under force of law.

Name me any other drug you take under force of law like you do your vaccines.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My cousin went a little nuts but now he is fine thanks to meds, at least in his case they got something right.
I truly think he would be dead now if it wasn't for his meds.
Anyways I am sure scientology would appreciate this thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Can you imagine what would actually happen if the truth were told? I think our economy would collapse within 6 months.

Maybe we should tell people the truth about selling their souls for money. About what happens in the theater of war or the stains inflicted on the soul from people that commit the ultimate interference of free will, to kill another.

What would happen if people started eating real food and ditched the corporate poisons disguised as food? Maybe our awareness/wisdom is greatly dulled from the constant consumption of poison. That would explain PC & SJW trends. If people were healthy, what would happen to the great medical empires? If the correct message was taught about this reality, how many govt support groups, psych wards, hospitals, pharm chem manufacturers and rehab programs would go belly up?

My dad was a vietnam vet, I am very familiar on the mental toll that inflicted. He has never been able to completely rid himself of and after 40+ years, still will not even talk about. But as a child, I could hear him scream himself awake at night.

You and I both know that the truth will always be ridiculed . Such is life. As long as I know and a few others, it's ok. When the world comes crashing down, those in the know will rise.

I am proud that my 20 year old daughter knows. All we can do is try to pass along info and hope that people will get it.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Can you imagine what would actually happen if the truth were told? I think our economy would collapse within 6 months.

Maybe we should tell people the truth about selling their souls for money. About what happens in the theater of war or the stains inflicted on the soul from people that commit the ultimate interference of free will, to kill another.

What would happen if people started eating real food and ditched the corporate poisons disguised as food? Maybe our awareness/wisdom is greatly dulled from the constant consumption of poison. That would explain PC & SJW trends. If people were healthy, what would happen to the great medical empires? If the correct message was taught about this reality, how many govt support groups, psych wards, hospitals, pharm chem manufacturers and rehab programs would go belly up?

My dad was a vietnam vet, I am very familiar on the mental toll that inflicted. He has never been able to completely rid himself of and after 40+ years, still will not even talk about. But as a child, I could hear him scream himself awake at night.

You and I both know that the truth will always be ridiculed . Such is life. As long as I know and a few others, it's ok. When the world comes crashing down, those in the know will rise.

I am proud that my 20 year old daughter knows. All we can do is try to pass along info and hope that people will get it.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Courts in many states routinely order individuals to take whatever medications their psychiatrist prescribes, and then drug tests them to ensure they are taking it. If they aren't they will forcibly administer it.

And we are talking about medications that have zero evidence to prove they work as claimed on top of making absurd claims that don't even make sense much less suggest to accomplish something realistic.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
My cousin went a little nuts but now he is fine thanks to meds, at least in his case they got something right.

I love it when new accounts on here make anecdotal claims without offering any evidence (also known as unreliable hearsay, or complete bs).

Then they typically follow up with a straw man infused personal attack....

I'm sure all murderers and Nazis appreciate your post.
edit on 8/31/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You didn't understand a word I wrote, nor do you understand the relationship between government and business.

If my husband's business set a foot wrong, they'd get shut down so fast their heads would spin. There is no secret collaboration.

Oh, I understand it very well. My ex was a special ed teacher who became an administrator in the school district. She went from helping kids to getting kids to pass test to get federal money.

I don't know you or your husband, but I have seen what money and privileges can do to people. Rules and morals go out the door.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Be very careful Groot...
This topic is extremely taboo.

For example when I wrote This thread, where I dared to say that mental illness was a myth (which is true in physical reality), I got attacked relentlessly in the thread and also behind the scenes.

Many people tried to get me banned for daring speak my mind on the subject, and the thread was closed down because the cry babies screamed loudest - mind you that I didn't actually break any rules I just kicked their rears so hard that I had to be stopped somehow lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

edit on 31-8-2018 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I love it when new accounts on here make anecdotal claims without offering any evidence (also known as unreliable hearsay, or complete bs).

I don't get it? I am just telling my cousins experience.
I am a noob! proud of it.

edit on 31-8-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don't get it I am just telling my cousins exp?

You said:

Now you're acting like you were perfectly innocent?

Disingenuous:
Adjective-
not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

synonyms: insincere, dishonest, untruthful, false, deceitful, duplicitous, lying, mendacious; hypocritical

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I don't get it I am just telling my cousins exp?

You said:

Now you're acting like you were perfectly innocent?

Disingenuous:
Adjective-
not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

synonyms: insincere, dishonest, untruthful, false, deceitful, duplicitous, lying, mendacious; hypocritical

do scientologists hate meds? yes, so you have something in common. anyways I am sorry, it was just a thing I have, I hate scientology. I was screwed big time by them to a degree that is rarely experienced.
edit on 31-8-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Having taken SSRI's and knowing intimately several more people I can say they DO help - if you want to feel NOTHING. No ups, no downs, just go through the motions of living without feeling anything. It's creepy as hell and I would never do it again. The results of the others I know is very similar and coming off drugs like Zoloft or Elavil is a private hell unto itself. Very difficult.

Maybe they do help some people but not anyone that I know.
It came down to being able to deal with emotions in a safe and responsible way.
I honestly don't think my brain has been the same since, I feel permanently altered in some way.
I would try everything else imaginable before going the SSRI route again.

I've taken SSRI's and benefitted greatly. I've never run into that "feel nothing" effect. I have, however, taken some that had no effect on me. In that case we had to switch to a different medication and see if that one worked.

I have no doubt they can be harmful to some, but they can also be incredibly helpful for others (myself included).

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Ah, so now you claim that we're immoral because my husband has worked in the industry and has direct knowledge which is where my answer to you came from.

It's very, very hard to falsify something when you have to painstakingly document and account for every bit of it, even the water you have used. When you can be inspected at any time without warning by the regulatory body in question and they can call you to produce those documents on demand.

And the same bodies can call you to produce every bit of your materials, see all your facilties, etc. It's not like anything can be kept hidden. Husband has audited and called on the carpet smaller suppliers for things they haven't done to satisfy government regulators that would have gotten the parent company in trouble.

Husband knows. It's been his career to keep track of it all. There is no way in hell he'd have tried to screw any of that up especially when it wasn't just the US regulatory bodies he was concerned with keeping everything straight for. Do you think most of these companies are just concerned with keeping the US happy?

News: They aren't, and the US isn't even the toughest body out there.
edit on 31-8-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

It could also be the dosage being the difference between help and hurt. Men's and women's brains are functionally different so no doubt effects will vary by sex as well as by individual. Many variables.

I can only relate my experience and I can't say as I know anyone who has benefited.
Might work for some is pretty shaky ground to be prescribing them on IMO.
edit on 31-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Ask Your Doctor , and He will Tell You No Lies , for 30 Pieces of Silver.......

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

citations required

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
If you hate meds, you're an uneducated hippie. If you love meds, you're a Pharma-shilling unstable lunatic.

All in all, I think healthy eating, blood work + nutrition, natural supplements, exercise, and meditation should be tried for awhile before a pharma pill.

I've seen a few monthers put their kid on a pill because they starting acting different. It's damn dangerous how easily society has accepted big pharma. The rise of sensational natural cures (being bogus) should not discount the very real danger the OP presents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join