It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Lies /Myths That Big Pharma and Their Academic Psychiatrists Teach Medical Students

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This explains alot . Big pharma has a tight grip on how our medications are used without thorough testing and basic lies.

Lets go down the list of these 14 myths..............

Myth # 1: “The FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) tests all new psychiatric drugs”

We all trust the FDA, right?

False. Actually, the FDA only reviews studies that were designed, administered, secretly performed and paid for by profit-driven, multinational pharmaceutical companies or farmed out by those companies to private research firms, in whose interest it is to find positive results for their employers. Unsurprisingly, such collaborations virtually guarantee fraudulent results.

Say it ain't so ! But we trusted the FDA with our lives.

Myth # 2: “FDA approval means that a psychotropic drug is effective long-term”

Well, with the first myth, I highly doubt it.

False. Actually, FDA approval doesn’t mean that psychiatric drugs have been proven to be either safe or effective – either short-term or long-term. Most psych drugs are never tested in clinical trials for longer than a few months, and most patients that are caught up in the psychiatric system take their drugs for years or decades. Psychopharmaceutical companies lavishly pay drug “researchers” who are often academic psychiatrists that have relatively easy access to compliant, already-drugged-up chronic patients. These psychiatrists often have financial or professional conflicts of interest – some of them even sitting on FDA or industry advisory committees that attempt to “fast track” drugs through the approval process.

Oh, wow ! Surprise, surprise !

Myth # 3: “FDA approval means that a psychotropic drug is safe long-term”

I am no longer trusting the FDA for my well being.

False. Actually, the SSRIs the so-called “anti-psychotic” drugs (historically called “major” tranquilizers), the “minor” tranquilizers/anti-epileptics/sleeping pills and the amphetamine-based psychostimulants are usually only tested in human clinical trials for a couple of months before being granted marketing approval by the Big Pharma-conflicted FDA.

We are nothing but cattle with money. So sad....

Myth # 4: “Mental ‘illnesses’ are caused by ‘brain chemical imbalances’”

I don't have any chemical imbalances I will admit to.

[snip]

That's why I stay away from prescribed drugs. I like nature remedies. But beer the most. Well, and some other natural herb.

There is so much info, it's hard to post it all, but you get the jest of it . I think this is the root to our problems. Population control in a bottle.

To continue reading, here is the article......

www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 31-8-2018 by Groot because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Aug 31 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote AND added tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

who knows.

people are not really going to change thier minds about this stuff.

its not 100% safe and there is corruption and greed with the big companies and the government.

these meds help a lot of people.
i dont know why some dont accept that.

it really shouldnt even be a debate.

it helps a lot of people

if its not your bag then stick to the garlic and tumeric.

i like pharmaceuticals. and i like the natch.

all the corruption and abuse by not only patients but doctors who over prescribe should not negate the good they do.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I don't have any chemical imbalances I will admit to.

That ever elusive "Chemical imbalance"

Great thread!

S & F

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

who knows.

people are not really going to change thier minds about this stuff.

its not 100% safe and there is corruption and greed with the big companies and the government.

these meds help a lot of people.
i dont know why some dont accept that.

it really shouldnt even be a debate.

it helps a lot of people

if its not your bag then stick to the garlic and tumeric.

i like pharmaceuticals. and i like the natch.

all the corruption and abuse by not only patients but doctors who over prescribe should not negate the good they do.

Nope, not my bag of tea. At almost 54, I am as healthy as you can be, both mentally and physically despite smoking clove cigars and drinking beer with some other natural things occasionally thrown in the mix.

Glad to hear it helps you .

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

thats awesome.

i miss cloves though

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Any pill the AMA gives ya, is a poison with side effects.....!
edit on 31-8-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
While it is true that the FDA does not directly carry out the testing itself, it does write all the testing procedures that companies must use when doing the testing and the companies must follow those procedures and document every step, every material (even the distilled water has to be tested to make sure it's in compliance as 100% sterile distilled water), every product used must be proven to be efficacious according the standards set forth, and even if the company records a "no test" result, they must then do an investigation (also according to the guidelines set by the FDA) in order to discover why the test failed and it must all be documented.

And they can be inspected at any time and must be able to produce any or all records on demand.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
While it is true that the FDA does not directly carry out the testing itself, it does write all the testing procedures that companies must use when doing the testing and the companies must follow those procedures and document every step, every material (even the distilled water has to be tested to make sure it's in compliance as 100% sterile distilled water), every product used must be proven to be efficacious according the standards set forth, and even if the company records a "no test" result, they must then do an investigation (also according to the guidelines set by the FDA) in order to discover why the test failed and it must all be documented.

And they can be inspected at any time and must be able to produce any or all records on demand.

Did you not read myth #1 ?

Myth # 1: “The FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) tests all new psychiatric drugs” False. Actually, the FDA only reviews studies that were designed, administered, secretly performed and paid for by profit-driven, multinational pharmaceutical companies or farmed out by those companies to private research firms, in whose interest it is to find positive results for their employers. Unsurprisingly, such collaborations virtually guarantee fraudulent results.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

They have never claimed to test all psychiatric drugs. They have never claimed to test any drugs. What they actually do is to require evidence of safety for new drugs, issue standards for food, and conduct factory inspections.

That is what the law requires. They do establish the criteria under which those studies will be carried out, and review the results of those studies to ensure that the laws established by Congress are followed.

How is it possiable in your opinion to certify the long term safety of any drug ?

The average approval time for a new drug is 10 years, this includes development and testing.

Usually after a trial period of 6 to 12 months, a drug is made available for use by doctors who can then prescribe it.

There is no way to determine the "long term" safety of a drug, until it has been in actual use long term. No one is forced to take any drug, and even though the actual trials for Doctors to prescribe and report results or the side effects is months, the actual testing in house human and animal trials go for years, and continue throughout the life of the drug.

As far as chemical imbalances in the brains and bodies of patients prescribed medications, there are extensive studies that show just that, even if we don't care to admit it.

This doesn't mean that medications should be prescribed, but the whole picture must include factors such as sleep, diet, other medications taken, environment, etc.

A simple change of sleeping habits can help, I would agree that we are too quick at times to prescribe medicine, but this is the fault of Doctors and patients not the FDA.

Many studies do conclude that chemical imbalances in the body can contribute to depression, anxiety and other mental disorders.

While still theory, the studies continue and many people do have success with treatments and medications, many do not, unfortunately the science on our brains is still in its infant stage.

A majority if not all drugs are based on nature, science has learned to synthesize many of the remedies found in nature. Does that mean they are perfect ? Obviously not, but even nature can kill when misused.

Drugs are drugs, whether it's alcohol or the natural herb and when over used or misprescribed, can do more harm than good.

The FDA is not the catch all we want it to be, but it is the reason we have regulations to ensure factories producing pharmaceuticals are clean and meeting some sort of guidelines.

It was never meant to be a catch all that the blog wants it to be and decries it shortfalls.

We, are the catch all, doctors, nurses, and patients. Our health is up to us, not big pharma, even though we sometimes bow to their monetary needs. If we really care about our own health, then we take active intrest.

www.fda.gov...

www.hiv.va.gov...

www.healthline.com...

The bottom line for me, do my own research, know my own body, discuss everything with doctor and ask questions. The FDA does exactly what it's authorized to do by Congress. Could they do better ? Of course, but we can also do better when it comes to our own health

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If the Myth #1 was entirely true then we could actually show cases of false and faulty studies. No doubt that frauds exist but if as wide spread as claimed, then we would have evidence of it.

Actually the opposite evidence exist and shows many drug trials and studies are on a square level, we can see this by results. There are examples out there but few and far between. The public is often the problem maker by pressuring companies and regulators to release drugs early, drugs we consider experimental, but its all okay if it's something we need or want, or just desperate enough to try

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Having taken SSRI's and knowing intimately several more people I can say they DO help - if you want to feel NOTHING. No ups, no downs, just go through the motions of living without feeling anything. It's creepy as hell and I would never do it again. The results of the others I know is very similar and coming off drugs like Zoloft or Elavil is a private hell unto itself. Very difficult.

Maybe they do help some people but not anyone that I know.
It came down to being able to deal with emotions in a safe and responsible way.
I honestly don't think my brain has been the same since, I feel permanently altered in some way.
I would try everything else imaginable before going the SSRI route again.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The public can't force big pharma to do anything not in their own interests.
Why do they have a vaccine damage court otherwise?
They have congress in their pockets.
If anything it's their own greed that causes them to release drugs without proper testing.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Anyone talked to a current med student recently?

They're all f# retarded. All it takes to be a doctor today is money. Fake your way through school and the drug companies will make you rich.

Go talk to one. They're idiots.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

It is almost like these pharm drugs don't actually cure anything. All they do is mask the symptoms.

Wouldn't it be better to find out why someone has the underlying condition and correct that instead of simply masking the symptoms. Like the prevalence of steroids, they simply cover the reactions without addressing the reason why a person's organs are liquidizing themselves.

If they were truly honest instead of partaking in the massive money making scheme, they would admit to their very limited understanding of the human body. The only other answer is they know exactly why people are getting sicker and sicker with each passing day but delivering the truth doesn't produce profits.

Depressed, hey here is a pill. Internal organs slowly failing, hey here is a pill. Imaginary restless leg syndrome, hey here is a pill. But it appears to fit in nicely with all of the other lies we are being told.

My god, maybe one of these days they will actually look at what we put into our bodies on a daily if not hourly schedule.

naaaa, that doesn't produce profits.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Having taken SSRI's and knowing intimately several more people I can say they DO help - if you want to feel NOTHING. No ups, no downs, just go through the motions of living without feeling anything. It's creepy as hell and I would never do it again. The results of the others I know is very similar and coming off drugs like Zoloft or Elavil is a private hell unto itself. Very difficult.

Maybe they do help some people but not anyone that I know.
It came down to being able to deal with emotions in a safe and responsible way.
I honestly don't think my brain has been the same since, I feel permanently altered in some way.
I would try everything else imaginable before going the SSRI route again.

I had an experience at one time in my life when my ex wife ideal to "fix" me with drinking to much and claimed adhd was meds. It did not pan out well. It messed me up.
Needless to say, the wife and the meds had to go , and I had to find my own way. It was unhappiness and dealing her and everything. Started a new life and I am the happiest and healthiest I have ever been. I believe that a happy heart and a happy life cures alot of what ails us.

Either that, or I got a damn good guardian angel .

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Same here. Took Zyban when it first came out. Supposedly 2 anti depressants mixed together that would override the pleasure receptors in the brain to rid a person from seeking additional chemical gratification.

They tested it alright, on the patients paying for their product. I have never had any other experience like that before or after. No other substances have even come close to taking me into an a completely alternate reality compared to that pharm's effects. At least I have never had the desire to see another doctor or medical professional again. There was one positive, it started me down the path of searching for the right answers.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

It is almost like these pharm drugs don't actually cure anything. All they do is mask the symptoms.

If they were truly honest instead of partaking in the massive money making scheme, they would admit to their very limited understanding of the human body. The only other answer is they know exactly why people are getting sicker and sicker with each passing day but delivering the truth doesn't produce profits.

Depressed, hey here is a pill. Internal organs slowly failing, hey here is a pill. Imaginary restless leg syndrome, hey here is a pill. But it appears to fit in nicely with all of the other lies we are being told.

My god, maybe one of these days they will actually look at what we put into our bodies on a daily if not hourly schedule.

naaaa, that doesn't produce profits.

They don't care or cure, what money can you make from that.

My mother is totally against alcohol because her father committed suicide after coming back from WWII. She blames alcohol not what he went through during that war that caused him to drink. For all I know, he probably had to kill a child and it haunted him. Look at our soldiers today coming back with PTSD. Here, take these pills, call me in a month. Meanwhile , those pills maybe make it worse.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) I know all this stuff already. Fact remains, I feel better with them on the job than without them.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Can you imagine what would actually happen if the truth were told? I think our economy would collapse within 6 months.

Maybe we should tell people the truth about selling their souls for money. About what happens in the theater of war or the stains inflicted on the soul from people that commit the ultimate interference of free will, to kill another.

What would happen if people started eating real food and ditched the corporate poisons disguised as food? Maybe our awareness/wisdom is greatly dulled from the constant consumption of poison. That would explain PC & SJW trends. If people were healthy, what would happen to the great medical empires? If the correct message was taught about this reality, how many govt support groups, psych wards, hospitals, pharm chem manufacturers and rehab programs would go belly up?

My dad was a vietnam vet, I am very familiar on the mental toll that inflicted. He has never been able to completely rid himself of and after 40+ years, still will not even talk about. But as a child, I could hear him scream himself awake at night.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this.

People need to be aware they are being taught myths, poisoned, and robbed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join