It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ‘ER’ actress Vanessa Marquez shot and killed by police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
You mean .30 cal airguns? Yes I’ve seen them they also have .50 cal but .30-06 is a specific cartridge not just the bullet.

Yea your right. I was thinkin 7.62 round but they make all size bores and even bolts.The weapons industry is taking on many branches of growth right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Bottom line is that it is illegal to go around shooting someone every time you feel threatened.

We could twist and spin the argument all day but that gets us no where.

Srry i will not help you justify shootings that should never have happened.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
www.aol.com...

Officers were called to Marquez’s home in the 1100 block of Fremont Avenue by a landlord to check on her welfare. When the officers arrived around 12 p.m., she was suffering from seizures and appeared unable to take care of herself. Officers called out paramedics and a mental health clinician, and continued to talk with her. After about 90 minutes, Marquez, 49, armed herself with a BB gun and pointed it at the officers, causing them to open fire, said Sheriff’s Lt. Joe Mendoza.

Wow! They are in her home for 90 minutes and do not assess the situation in the home as to if there are firearms present out in the open. Seems like they should have determined that it was a bb gun long before she ever touched it. On top of that they are dealing with a situation where they claim she was not in her right mind. I will never understand how someone can shoot before recognizing the type of weapon being pointed at them.

“Clooney helped blacklist me when I spoke up abt harassment on ER.’women who dont play the game lose career’I did,” she wrote on Twitter.

Surely hollywood did not off her.

Marquez also wrote on social media that she was suffering from immune disorders, including celiac disease. She said several times that she was diagnosed as “terminal” and was “homebound.”

If true then possible she went out on her own terms.

It is tragic, but the bottom line is if you are going to pick up something that even remotely looks like a gun when the cops are present, you do that at your own risk.

The idea that she was "offed" because she made a remark years ago is just plain silly. All of these ridiculous assertions that each and every person of any notoriety , no matter how insignificant,was "offed " by TPTB just muddies the waters for the few that really were.
edit on 2-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

In some cases that would be the bottom line but not in this case. They had plenty of time (90min) to secure the scene. They failed.

So now that we have plastic guns i guess plumbers are in the line of fire.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

In some cases that would be the bottom line but not in this case. They had plenty of time (90min) to secure the scene. They failed.

So now that we have plastic guns i guess plumbers are in the line of fire.

I am not saying the cops have no culpability here, it's just the truth, if you pick up something that looks like a gun when the cops are investigating you, you are likely to get shot, whether they should have secured the scene or not.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Only if you take action against an officers life do they have the right to use deadly force but they do indeed love to push that envelope. There are several cases out there recently where they are being called to pay for their deeds.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Bottom line is that it is illegal to go around shooting someone every time you feel threatened.

Never said it was legal and in some cases I disagree with police doing questionable things and getting away with it. In THIS case, it was justified.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Never said it was legal and in some cases I disagree with police doing questionable things and getting away with it. In THIS case, it was justified.

Not justified because negligence led to the situation.

Clearly they detained the woman but did not secure her or the area before calling in unarmed professionals.

You act like she opened the door holding a bb gun and tried to shoot them. That is not what happened.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Not justified because negligence led to the situation.

Clearly they detained the woman but did not secure her or the area before calling in unarmed professionals.

You act like she opened the door holding a bb gun and tried to shoot them. That is not what happened.

How do you conclude I "act like she opened the door holding a bb gun and tried to shoot them"? I said nor insinuated nothing of the sort. I can think of plenty of ways this could have went down in the 90 minutes of the officers being on the scene.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Fortunately not every cop has shot every person they ever seen holding a fake weapon.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Fortunately not every cop has shot every person they ever seen holding a fake weapon.

You act like "most cops shoot people"

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Ok

They do not.

The majority of them defend every single shooting incident.

It just comes with the territory of having to watch each others back to stay safe and sometimes clouds their judgement of the situations.

It just means they are well trained but there are times when they must be held to account.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Ok

They do not.

The majority of them defend every single shooting incident.

It just comes with the territory of having to watch each others back to stay safe and sometimes clouds their judgement of the situations.

It just means they are well trained but there are times when they must be held to account.

You know this for a fact huh? How many run-ins did you have with the police? All I see is a jaded person. Not all police back up wrongdoing. I'd even go as far to say most do not tolerate wrongdoing.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You failed to grasp the intent of my words. You may want to rethink your reply as it does not really cover the thought i put forth.

Not all police back up wrongdoing.

I have never claimed they did. I said they are trained to cover each others back in order to stay alive and that bleeds over into blind defense often but not always.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I guess they made good and sure she was OK, huh? Welfare check my ass.

Is it just me or is the worst thing that could have happened if they didn't even show up the same thing that happened? If they're just going to barge in and kill people because they're afraid they're going to kill themselves, what is the #ing point?
edit on 4-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I guess they made good and sure she was OK, huh? Welfare check my ass.

Is it just me or is the worst thing that could have happened if they didn't even show up the same thing that happened? If they're just going to barge in and kill people because they're afraid they're going to kill themselves, what is the #ing point?

Well if you want to pull something indistinguishable from a real weapon in a split second on officers yes chances are you aren’t long for this world, I feel wish to blame that on officers how about you become one and set an example about how law enforcement should be and let me know how that goes if you aren’t dead. If you play stupid games you’re bound to win stupid prizes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join