It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flag question

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: DBCowboy

The British roll a wheel of cheese down a hill and people fall, crashing after it

Very true.

However politics never gets involved.

Politics get involved in the US on a more personal level because we all consider ourselves equal to the people in political leadership roles.

When in fact the regular people are smarter.

We just let the ree-ree's run for office.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Some see it as an opportunity to pay respect to their country before the event, but as someone that was on the field for years playing part in the circus, it just gave us a chance to take a piss before the game started.

This type of piss on America attitude is prevalent in most of your posts. Now it makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: narrator
a reply to: Xtrozero

How about we just remove all politics from games? There's no reason to even play the national anthem at a ball game. Stop playing it, protests go away.
Agreed.
The UK only plays anthems for international team games, not top flight commercial games. As a Brit it seems silly that you play the anthem for games between franchises/clubs.
Really silly, and politically needless.

In the US we play the anthem before ALL sporting contests...even high school games. We have a different tradition than you. Deal with it or not.
Gosh, I don't have to deal with anything, it is not a thing in the UK.
Even one minute silences are only for people who have died who were close to the franchise/club.
My son plays rugby for our town. Tens of thousands of people live here and there is only one rugby team. The players don't get involved in bull# national politics. I imagine the only time you'll see our boys do a national politics silence or anthem is on the first game after the queen dies or something.
The players won't give a #, it will just be a distraction from the game.

Be as patriotic as you like, I watch sport for the game, not politics...maybe you should try that?

EDIT
I don't expect a reply from you though, your tactic seems to me to be react as a full on angry US citizen, then fail to reply when you have a decent argument against your rants. Lol as #, and lame as #.
Total patriot who can't argue his case lol, funny as #.
edit on 31-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: introvert

Some see it as an opportunity to pay respect to their country before the event, but as someone that was on the field for years playing part in the circus, it just gave us a chance to take a piss before the game started.

This type of piss on America attitude is prevalent in most of your posts. Now it makes perfect sense.

Where did I say "piss on America"?

Take a look at the sidelines on gameday while the anthem is being played. The teams will be finishing up last minute things they have to take care of, including bathroom breaks.

Forgive me if I do not have an ultra-nationalist mindset such as you. I see America being exemplified in the constitution and the rights we have. I do not think the national anthem playing before a stupid sporting event, brought to you by Pepsi and Citibank, is all that damned important.

It's not that I want to "piss on America". It's that no one will notice if I am gone, because they are too busy getting all teary-eyed over a song, while starring at a flag made in China.

Merika!

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

The real heroes are the tax payers. Because without the tax payers paying taxes we would not have the tax base needed for the military to be glorious in battle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join