It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read Red Son COmrade!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I just picked up Red Son ,Which if you don't know is an Elseworlds comic(kinda like what if). And I gotta say I liked I liked!!! Basic premise ,Instead of superman landing in kansas, His rocket ship was 18hrs early and guess where it landed? MOTHER RUSSIA!!!

Now your probably saying So WHat? well considering that Superman is an Icon for the American Way ,How would he have turned out if he was brought up with communist Ideals? How would America react to Russia having a Superman while in the midst of a cold War? Well they weren't too happy thats for sure. And the whole cast gets reunited from Jimmy olsen to Lois Lane,Especially Dr Lex Luthor who In this universe is still Supes bitter enemy! If you can't stand superman Read Red SOn, IF you Love Superman Read Red Son, it a worthwhile read.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Actually, the premise sounds really good.

Is this a comic, or a book?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's in Trade Paper back form, so you should be able to pick it up at borders. By trade paper back I Mean Really THick Comic book.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I like to call them Graphic Novels just because most people look at comics as a kiddie medium
I have heard grate reviews of Red Son. This imagery of a 'red' Superman is kind of scary.
They should take the same idea and put it to contemporary times and make Superman an instrument of war.

new topics

top topics

join