It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says Attorney General Sessions safe in job at least until November

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
And he hates his southern accent. Says he can't defend him on tv because he sounds like he has marbles in his mouth.
Lovely...
I'm sure plenty of folks in Alabama just love trumps whiney Queens accent too.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

You think Sessions' job is safe or is not commenting on it concerning?

It actually makes me feel like his job is safe.
I don't think trump is savoy enough to keep something like that to himself.

No comment with trump I think means he truly had nothing to say. He might not have even made up his own mind yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 14377

In other words he's bent.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

In other words he's bent.

Sorta like how you get bent out of shape?

👌😜👏

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

What if they do a great job but the owner screws up and the business fails?

What if they do a great job but the company is merging in two months and the new owners want to down size?
edit on 8302018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

"If you haven't failed you haven't tried"

I think that was Churchill

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You must have me confused with someone else. I'm here for the door prizes and the Chinese auction.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Holy # you got 31k posts in 2 yrs?

hahaha geezus.

thats like 42+ posts a day avg.

hahahahahahahah

hahhahaha oh lawd.

You're here for the whole carnival, lol!!!!!
edit on 30-8-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Good you can do math.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Hahah, you obsessed.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here's my take on the sessions Trump thing .

I watched Jeff sessions tell the Senate that he would recuse himself from any Russian investigation during confirmation hearings .

In my opinion there's no way Trump didn't know Session's was going to recuse himself

So that tells me they're up to something .

Just my two cents worth

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If that is a record, It won't last long. I'm retired and hate golf so I've got plenty of time on my hands .

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 14377
Here's my take on the sessions Trump thing .

I watched Jeff sessions tell the Senate that he would recuse himself from any Russian investigation during confirmation hearings .

In my opinion there's no way Trump didn't know Session's was going to recuse himself

So that tells me they're up to something .

Just my two cents worth

Trump definitely knew.

They've been playing the love/hate game since he started. How many times has there been speculation he would fire Sessions now?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm not sure how many times it has been . But it's just more misdirection and total control of the media. Right now the media sees the carrot, I can't wait till they feel the stick .

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

They have had the exact same relationship since the beginning. It appears more of a ploy to me. Pretty sure Sessions will be there a while.

I think Republicans in Congress are ready for him to go...

Republicans: Sessions gone after midterms

www.politico.com...

Graham: Trump will 'very likely' fire Sessions after midterms

thehill.com...

Key Republicans signal Trump may fire Sessions after midterms

www.stltoday.com... -8ff315052ea2.html

edit on 30-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Sessions has most certainly shown cause for concern with his poor decision making

Don't you mean Trump?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Alright, I'm back. I wish we could be more on topic. I've asked so many questions in this thread and honestly don't see one straight answer as to why Sessions should be fired if he gets fired.

On the way back home I caught this new article that just came out, Trump again ragging on the DoJ, and of course the FBI, and now threatening to get involved. What his involvement would be is not explained, but if we were to guess it might entail removing key figures.

“Our Justice Department and our FBI - at the top of each, because inside they have incredible people - but our Justice Department and our FBI have to start doing their job and doing it right and doing it now,” Trump said. “I wanted to stay out, but at some point if it doesn’t straighten out properly ... I will get involved and I’ll get in there if I have to.”

Reuters

This only shows what the article in the OP covered, he is ready to intervene in some way and Sessions' job is not that secure. Very bad move politically, should it happen, unless of course Sessions messes up and does something that deserves that.

No one has yet answered this question I posed multiple times:

Has Sessions done anything illegal so far or anything that would call for his sacking; or has he performed his duties well and enforced Trump's policies effectively? Is there any reason currently to fire him, other than retaliation for his recusal? Or not liking him?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

At least until novemeber????

What could trump be thinking with that comment??

He didnt make the comment....Reuters decided that's what he said and made the comment up.

Incorrect.

Reuters reported on what Bloomberg said.

Bloomberg< br />

President Donald Trump said Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s job is safe at least until the midterm elections in November.

“I just would love to have him do a great job,” Trump said Thursday in an Oval Office interview with Bloomberg News. Asked if he’d keep Sessions beyond November, he declined to comment.

I can't find the Bloomberg transcript of the interview yet. Can anyone?

Dont go on a hunger strike till then...

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

There's a huge reason to fire him its the dysfunctional relationship between him and the president. As attorney general it falls to sessions to implement the presidents agenda.
If they can't work together policies will continually conflict. Good example is Sessions keeps pushing to enforce marijuana laws. Yet several times in the past Trump has stated he doesn't see a need for enforcement. I also suspect the lack of communication between Sessions and Trump have led to several enforcement errors even including ice.

Here's the problem as president there is no way Trump could even have a discussion with Sessions without fear that Sessions wouldn't use it against him at a later date. So we are at the point either Sessions needs to be fired or they need to patch up their damaged relationship. I seriously doubt the later will occur.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Has Sessions done anything illegal so far or anything that would call for his sacking; or has he performed his duties well and enforced Trump's policies effectively? Is there any reason currently to fire him, other than retaliation for his recusal?

Yes, Trump's supporters are hounding him night and day to drain the swamp. If Sessions isn't willing to do it or has been blackmailed in order to keep from doing it, he needs to go. Whatever progress Sessions is making is worthless if we don't get rid of the corrupt people that keep the law from continuing to be enforced.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join