It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says Attorney General Sessions safe in job at least until November

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Kharron

At least until novemeber????

What could trump be thinking with that comment??

He didnt make the comment....Reuters decided that's what he said and made the comment up.

Incorrect.

Reuters reported on what Bloomberg said.

Bloomberg< br />

President Donald Trump said Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s job is safe at least until the midterm elections in November.

“I just would love to have him do a great job,” Trump said Thursday in an Oval Office interview with Bloomberg News. Asked if he’d keep Sessions beyond November, he declined to comment.

I can't find the Bloomberg transcript of the interview yet. Can anyone?

Yeah...Reuters just copy pasted what Bloomberg reported.

Why didnt you use the actual source in the first place?

Like I said before....article title and thread title are completely false and misleading. Trump didnt say it at all....he actually said nothing.

Wait all you want....the spin from these idiots is amazing.

Because I was reading Reuters and they report accurately, as is shown here. Pretty much word for word, right, no spin?

Don't hit me, alright?

You think Sessions' job is safe or is not commenting on it concerning?

So far all I see is the same rhetoric and banter between them that has been there since the beginning. I have no reason to think he would be fired or quit at this point.

If he is fired or quits then I would guess there would be good reason.

What reason would that be. Do you hold the opinion that Sessions is not doing a good job?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What I find amusing is that people still think they can figure out what POTUS is up to. That hasn't worked out well for anyone.

The man has more angles than a protractor.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Honestly.....this whole thing is pretty stupid.

Do you know any employer in the world that would say your job is safe for however long in the future?

I mean.....what if you kill someone onsite the next day....do you still have a job for the next couple months?

It was a dumb question from an obviously over zealous reporter and apparently didnt deserve a comment based on how stupid the question was.

Are you going to win the lottery by the end of November? See how that works?

Now, this is what actually counts as spin. Are we talking about a grocery clerk job or are we talking about the No. 1 Law Enforcement position in the country? I don't understand your getting killed comparison, either. Who would have to be killed for Sessions to lose his job - that example does not work at all.

And after the President has on numerous occasion blasted Sessions for not reigning in the investigation against him, alluding his job may not be safe is a nothing burger?

No, I don't see how that works... what are you trying to say again? That safety in having a job under Trump is as unlikely as winning the lottery?

Do you work for someone or a company? If you asked them if your job is safe for the next 2 months, would it not depend on how well you did your job? If you killed a fellow employee tomorrow, would that have an impact on what your employer may do?

Asking if someone will have a job in 2 months is a loaded question. It depends on if they do their job and dont screw up.

And Trump didnt "allude" to anything....the reporter did. From what the report says, Trump didnt answer.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So you are saying that someone that has the job of leading a government agency does not have to follow the same laws that apply to other citizens, say a grocery clerk? Or that the grocery clerk has to have a higher standard to keep his job than Sessions? Because one job is more important than the other?

How Progressive of you.

As for Sessions, he recused himself under the wrong law and as far as I can tell he's been diddling around with some of his pet projects ever since.

Should have been fired when he recused himself.

edit on 30-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Do you know any employer in the world that would say your job is safe for however long in the future?

I mean.....what if you kill someone onsite the next day....do you still have a job for the next couple months?

It was a dumb question from an obviously over zealous reporter and apparently didnt deserve a comment based on how stupid the question was.

Now, this is what actually counts as spin. Are we talking about a grocery clerk job or are we talking about the No. 1 Law Enforcement position in the country? I don't understand your getting killed comparison, either. Who would have to be killed for Sessions to lose his job - that example does not work at all.

And after the President has on numerous occasion blasted Sessions for not reigning in the investigation against him, alluding his job may not be safe is a nothing burger?

No, I don't see how that works... what are you trying to say again? That safety in having a job under Trump is as unlikely as winning the lottery?

Do you work for someone or a company? If you asked them if your job is safe for the next 2 months, would it not depend on how well you did your job? If you killed a fellow employee tomorrow, would that have an impact on what your employer may do?

Asking if someone will have a job in 2 months is a loaded question. It depends on if they do their job and dont screw up.

And Trump didnt "allude" to anything....the reporter did. From what the report says, Trump didnt answer.

Is it really that loaded of a question for Trump? What do you think he would say if he was asked if Pompeo would have a job in November, or Mattis?

Come on, let's get real and stop making excuses. We are not talking about a factory job, or an airport job -- we are talking about the top position in our country, let's treat it for what it is please. No spin.

He did not reply to a very important question and an intelligent person can deduce what is implied.

Do you think Sessions is doing a good job so far? At this point do you see any reason for him not to keep his job past November? Will you be surprised if he gets fired?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So you are saying that someone that has the job of leading a government agency does not have to follow the same laws that apply to other citizens, say a grocery clerk? Or that the grocery clerk has to have a higher standard to keep his job than Sessions? Because one job is more important than the other?

How Progressive of you.

As for Sessions, he recused himself under the wrong law and as far as I can tell he's been diddling around with some of his pet projects ever since.

Should have been fired when he recused himself.

No, actually you just said that, I did not. And then you built another straw-man on top of the first one, using the first one. How evasive of you.

By bringing in standards into this conversation, do you think Sessions broke the law and deserves to be fired? What law did he break and why should he have been fired for recusing himself?

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

He didnt make the comment....Reuters decided that's what he said and made the comment up.

Incorrect.

Bloomberg< br />

President Donald Trump said Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s job is safe at least until the midterm elections in November.

“I just would love to have him do a great job,” Trump said Thursday in an Oval Office interview with Bloomberg News. Asked if he’d keep Sessions beyond November, he declined to comment.

Link broke

Weird, works for me.

Copy and paste this:

www.bloomberg.com...

Fail 😃

link   

Are you saying that Trump has been touching Mueller???

So now we have a POTUS inappropriately touching someone in the FBI. Now I wonder who else he’s been touching.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Incorrect.

Bloomberg< br />

Link broke

Weird, works for me.

Copy and paste this:

www.bloomberg.com...

Fail 😃

You still can't access it with the second link? Are you VPN-ing from somewhere and don't have access? Are you banned?

I don't know what else to tell you, it seems others have read it just fine.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

So now we have a POTUS inappropriately touching someone in the FBI. Now I wonder who else he’s been touching.

I don't think Mueller is his type. Too old.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 14377
What I find amusing is that people still think they can figure out what POTUS is up to. That hasn't worked out well for anyone.

It's actually pretty easy. Start with the realization that 99% of all he says is a lie. Then just believe the opposite of what he says and chances are pretty great that you'll be right.

He is exceedingly predictable.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Is it really that loaded of a question for Trump? What do you think he would say if he was asked if Pompeo would have a job in November, or Mattis?

Come on, let's get real and stop making excuses. We are not talking about a factory job, or an airport job -- we are talking about the top position in our country, let's treat it for what it is please. No spin.

He did not reply to a very important question and an intelligent person can deduce what is implied.

Do you think Sessions is doing a good job so far? At this point do you see any reason for him not to keep his job past November? Will you be surprised if he gets fired?

Yeah...it is a loaded question. I dont care what position anyone holds....if they screw up bad enough they can be fired.

If trump thought he was doing a really poor job then he would likely already be fired.

If he screws up between now and November then he could be fired....

Trump no answering was the right thing to do, if he actually did that. From the article I am highly sceptical of this being anything close to what actually went down though.

If you cant see the skew and bias then I dont expect you'll understand my answer.

Like I said....Trump didnt say anything. Your thread title and article title say he did.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I don't think Mueller is his type. Too old.

This thread has made my day! Too funny and made me chuckle

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's actually pretty easy. Start with the realization that 99% of all he says is a lie. Then just believe the opposite of what he says and chances are pretty great that you'll be right.

In that case, you e answered your own question. Sessions must be doing a fantastic job! Or does he fall in your 1%.

Careful...your bias is showing.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yeah...it is a loaded question. I dont care what position anyone holds....if they screw up bad enough they can be fired.

If trump thought he was doing a really poor job then he would likely already be fired.

If he screws up between now and November then he could be fired....

Trump no answering was the right thing to do, if he actually did that. From the article I am highly sceptical of this being anything close to what actually went down though.

If you cant see the skew and bias then I dont expect you'll understand my answer.

Like I said....Trump didnt say anything. Your thread title and article title say he did.

Fair enough, it's alright to be skeptical. I often am. I very often see bias where you don't and you are seeing bias here, where I am trusting the interview was relayed as it happened. We shall see I guess.

I have to go in a few minutes, but can you answer one question please:

Putting aside what may happen in the next 2 months or if Sessions kills someone perhaps -- so far, is there any reason to fire him? In your opinion, has he been doing a good job for Trump and enforcing his policies well?

Thank you all for reading, be back a bit later.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

In that case, you e answered your own question. Sessions must be doing a fantastic job! Or does he fall in your 1%.

Careful...your bias is showing.

My bias that Trump is a liar? I'm very blunt about that and it is not bias if it's a fact. He is a very well documented, compulsive liar.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The whole BS narrative of Trump has told 2000+ lies so ridiculous I can't believe anyone here believes it. On the other forums maybe but not here. When Trump tells a joke the MSM says it's a lie. When Trump misquotes a statistic the MSM says it's a lie . When Trump is kidding the MSM says it's a lie .When Trump exaggerates the MSM calls it a lie .

Sure he does lie sometimes but normally it is for misdirection to keep opponents of balance . It also keeps the media on their heels and makes him harder to predict . I think one of the biggest problems is that the left doesn't get jokes anymore unless they're mean spirited and aimed at Trump .

I've got a quote on my Twitter account , " The left takes every joke literally and every fact figuratively "

This comment wasn't pointed at you. It was just a mini rant .

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

dude i really really want to see the supporters come in and defend his touching Mueller.

i bigly want that

#grabembythe3piece

More like watch the OP flounder.

blah blah blah cheetos.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Op was so amped up for some good ol trump bashing too.!

If the leftists had any shame I'd thing the OP must be very embarrassed by such a failed thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Anything is possible. Do you think tit would be a good idea to fire Sessions in November?

I never liked sessions. So yes.

Would it be good for trump to do so? No.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join