It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says Attorney General Sessions safe in job at least until November

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

President Donald Trump said on Thursday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions was safe in his job at least until the November congressional elections, Bloomberg News reported after interviewing the U.S. leader.

This man just thrives on chaos. As far as I know, touching Mueller, Sessions for recusing himself, or Rosenstein, before the investigation is over would be catastrophic for his presidency. That would be the straw for many Republicans whose support is currently wavering.

“I just would love to have him do a great job,” Bloomberg quoted Trump as saying. It said the president declined to comment when asked whether he would keep Sessions in office beyond November.

Reuters

Very short article -- we need to keep an eye on tweets or press statements for clarification on what he meant. Does that mean he will fire him in November as he is alluding? Sessions has said he has been doing a good job and is happy to continue it -- I don't think he would be leaving willingly.

edit on 30-8-2018 by Kharron because: fix the link and stuff

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

President Donald Trump said on Thursday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions was safe in his job at least until the November congressional elections, Bloomberg News reported after interviewing the U.S. leader.

This man just thrives on chaos. As far as I know, touching Mueller, Sessions for recusing himself, or Rosenstein, before the investigation is over would be catastrophic for his presidency. That would be the straw for many Republicans whose support is currently wavering.

“I just would love to have him do a great job,” Bloomberg quoted Trump as saying. It said the president declined to comment when asked whether he would keep Sessions in office beyond November.

Reuters

Very short article -- we need to keep an eye on tweets or press statements for clarification on what he meant. Does that mean he will fire him in November as he is alluding? Sessions has said he has been doing a good job and is happy to continue it -- I don't think he would be leaving willingly.

You must have linked the wrong article.... nothing about sessions in it.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This man just thrives on chaos. As far as I know, touching Mueller,
. That would be the straw for many Republicans whose support is currently wavering.

dude i really really want to see the supporters come in and defend his touching Mueller.

i bigly want that

#grabembythe3piece
edit on 30-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Unless he has a big pile of work he's been doing and is just about to show that at least someone will be held accountable for all the mis-steps in the FBI, and it's ties to the DNC, he should be worried.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I sure did, thank you. I scrolled down and it picked up the next article address. Fixed.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Reuters

Found the article and Trump didnt say that at all.

It wasnt even Reuters that did the interview and declining to comment doesn't mean anything like what Reuters appears to suggest by making up their own quote....LOL.

They have had the exact same relationship since the beginning. It appears more of a ploy to me. Pretty sure Sessions will be there a while.

edit on 8/30/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

At least until novemeber????

What could trump be thinking with that comment??

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Found the article and Trump didnt say that at all. It wasnt even Reuters that did the interview and declining to comment doesn't mean anything like what Reuters appears to suggest by making up their own quote....LOL. They have had the exact same relationship since the beginning. It appears more of a ploy to me. Pretty sure Sessions will be there a while.

Croe is right .

That article is spin.
edit on 30-8-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

He didnt make the comment....Reuters decided that's what he said and made the comment up.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I think it is wise to be re-evaluating your staff during your Presidency. Sessions has most certainly shown cause for concern with his poor decision making throughout his tenure. I would have fired him when he decided to crack down on marijuana use. That alone was proof of his stupidity.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Reuters

Found the article and Trump didnt say that at all.

It wasnt even Reuters that did the interview and declining to comment doesn't mean anything like what Reuters appears to suggest by making up their own quote....LOL.

They have had the exact same relationship since the beginning. It appears more of a ploy to me. Pretty sure Sessions will be there a while.

No, it wasn't Reuters. That is why the OP says Bloomberg interview. We do not have access to the whole interview yet, but although Bloomberg is left-center bias, they are factually accurate.

You don't find it weird not to comment on whether you No.1 law enforcer will have a job past November? Does that not imply that it is up in the air? What else would it mean?

No one said he was getting fired... they reported that he is safe until November, which is what the President implied in the interview.

I can update the thread once the whole interview is published but I am guessing it will be all over the place by then.

Anything is possible. Do you think tit would be a good idea to fire Sessions in November?

edit on 30-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well is this article fake or bait or what?

Or a fluster-cluck?

💥😃🤷💥

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

He didnt make the comment....Reuters decided that's what he said and made the comment up.

Incorrect.

Reuters reported on what Bloomberg said.

Bloomberg< br />

President Donald Trump said Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s job is safe at least until the midterm elections in November.

“I just would love to have him do a great job,” Trump said Thursday in an Oval Office interview with Bloomberg News. Asked if he’d keep Sessions beyond November, he declined to comment.

I can't find the Bloomberg transcript of the interview yet. Can anyone?
edit on 30-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Incorrect.

Bloomberg< br />

President Donald Trump said Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s job is safe at least until the midterm elections in November.

“I just would love to have him do a great job,” Trump said Thursday in an Oval Office interview with Bloomberg News. Asked if he’d keep Sessions beyond November, he declined to comment.

Link broke 🤷😃

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Incorrect.

Bloomberg< br />

Link broke 🤷😃

Weird, works for me.

Copy and paste this:

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Incorrect.

Bloomberg< br />

Yeah...Reuters just copy pasted what Bloomberg reported.

Why didnt you use the actual source in the first place?

Like I said before....article title and thread title are completely false and misleading. Trump didnt say it at all....he actually said nothing.

Wait all you want....the spin from these idiots is amazing.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Incorrect.

Bloomberg< br />

Like I said before....article title and thread title are completely false and misleading. Trump didnt say it at all....he actually said nothing.

Because I was reading Reuters and they report accurately, as is shown here. Pretty much word for word, right, no spin?

Don't hit me, alright?

You think Sessions' job is safe or is not commenting on it concerning?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Honestly.....this whole thing is pretty stupid.

Do you know any employer in the world that would say your job is safe for however long in the future?

I mean.....what if you kill someone onsite the next day....do you still have a job for the next couple months?

It was a dumb question from an obviously over zealous reporter and apparently didnt deserve a comment based on how stupid the question was.

Are you going to win the lottery by the end of November? See how that works?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Incorrect.

Bloomberg< br />

Because I was reading Reuters and they report accurately, as is shown here. Pretty much word for word, right, no spin?

Don't hit me, alright?

You think Sessions' job is safe or is not commenting on it concerning?

So far all I see is the same rhetoric and banter between them that has been there since the beginning. I have no reason to think he would be fired or quit at this point.

If he is fired or quits then I would guess there would be good reason.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Honestly.....this whole thing is pretty stupid.

Do you know any employer in the world that would say your job is safe for however long in the future?

I mean.....what if you kill someone onsite the next day....do you still have a job for the next couple months?

It was a dumb question from an obviously over zealous reporter and apparently didnt deserve a comment based on how stupid the question was.

Are you going to win the lottery by the end of November? See how that works?

Now, this is what actually counts as spin. Are we talking about a grocery clerk job or are we talking about the No. 1 Law Enforcement position in the country? I don't understand your getting killed comparison, either. Who would have to be killed for Sessions to lose his job - that example does not work at all.

And after the President has on numerous occasion blasted Sessions for not reigning in the investigation against him, alluding his job may not be safe is a nothing burger?

No, I don't see how that works... what are you trying to say again? That safety in having a job under Trump is as unlikely as winning the lottery?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join