It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gohmert doubles down after FBI dismisses claim of Clinton server hack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

“It’s not surprising that the FBI ‘has not found any evidence’ regarding Clinton’s servers being breached,” Gohmert, R-Texas, said. “It was the Obama-appointed Intelligence Community Inspector General that discovered the breach. It was not the FBI that found it, so their statement was technically correct, but very deceptive in its omission.” The FBI also had referred Fox News to the Justice Department’s Inspector General report, which was released in June, to push back on the Caller's reporting.

I think we have a case of the FBI using selective verbiage to hide their guilt here. If all this is true, the ICIG report does in fact have this information, which Rep Gohmert used and referenced when interviewing Strzok, then all the facts brought out are in fact, facts, and true. The Clinton server was hacked by China, her e-mails were forwarded to an foreign entity, and the FBI was told, and ignored the info, likely to hide the part where it wasn't Russia this time.

So we are left with the bigger issue of can we trust the FBI? Of course there are bigger ramifications to that question. Did the FBI lie about other things that may have let to innocent people being jailed? How often do they lie like this? And are there other IC agencies that do this as well?

Remember, this is supposed to be a non=partisan group set up to protect US citizens, not an arm of the Gestapo or DNC.

It's looking more and more like all this is business as usual, and we are just starting to see it. Well, not all of us, some are continuing to be willfully ignorant.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think she was never hacked and Gohmert is full of #.

+39 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

at least this time you prefaced your comment with "I think". baby steps. good work.
edit on 30-8-2018 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No way.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

at lest this time you prefaced your comment with "I think". baby steps. good work.

Maybe in a year she'll start including sources when she states something as fact.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: network dude

at lest this time you prefaced your comment with "I think". baby steps. good work.

Maybe in a year she'll start including sources when she states something as fact.

You may want to temper your expectations.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh come on. Gohmert? The stupidest man in Congress? This brainless twit?
edit on 30-8-2018 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Oh come on. Gohmert? The stupidest man in Congress? This brainless twit?

Did you just source rationalwiki?

You can do better than that. I hate almost all politicians and I still wouldn't use rationalwiki to rub their name in mud, by doing that I'd be rubbing my own name in mud.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

yeah but you think your a witch also
perhaps you judgement is askew?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So, now you're going to tell us that the Intelligence Community Inspector General is full of #?

Gohmert's just the messenger.

In his overnight statement, Gohmert argued it was the ICIG -- not the FBI -- that discovered the breach. He said the FBI conveniently omitted that detail.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

DNC was hacked but Hillary isn't capable of being hacked just because.

Got it

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

careful she will turn you into a toad....

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

This is exactly what I said last night.

The daily caller article and Gohmerts claim was the ICIG briefed strzok and others on a chinese breach.

The FBI rebuttal was we found no evidence of any hack.

However, the FBI responses made no reference to whether or not the ICIG briefed people like strzok on this, or suggested their was a chinese breach.

Now this isnt to say this confirms for me that Gohmert is telling the truth.

But I too found the FBI response to be rather clever in its wording.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

DNC was hacked but Hillary isn't capable of being hacked just because.

Got it

Yea but the DNC was allegedly hacked by Russia, a country with the economic power comparable to Texas.

China has an economy beat only by the US, so they're obviously to busy to be able to hack into a server that's in someone's house.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I agree that if we think Russia, then we can assume that she wasn't hacked. Though it's becoming painfully clear that hackers out of China have hacked her. The e-mail scandal though still doesn't appear to be the product of hacking, but rather an inside source leaking out the information (SR)

So at least you could be correct Sillyolme, but as for the Gohmert comment who's knows. At least Gohmert asks good questions.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The Gohmert don't play that. You can bet he's extra-hopping mad and won't let it go until someone taps out.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I wonder how hard it would be to embed a virus in a nude photo get Anthony Wiener to open it. If you infected his computer, wonder what you could do from there.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hmm that is weird you think that because.....

Hacking attempts Clinton's server was configured to allow users to connect openly from the Internet and control it remotely using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Services.[74] It is known that hackers were aware of Clinton's non-public email address as early as 2011.[81] Secretary Clinton and her staff were aware of hacking attempts in 2011, and were reportedly worried about them.[82] In 2012, according to server records, a hacker in Serbia scanned Clinton's Chappaqua server at least twice, in August and in December 2012. It was unclear whether the hacker knew the server belonged to Clinton, although it did identify itself as providing email services for clintonemail.com.[74] During 2014, Clinton's server was the target of repeated intrusions originating in Germany, China, and South Korea. Threat monitoring software on the server blocked at least five such attempts. The software was installed in October 2013, and for three months prior to that, no such software had been installed.[83][84] According to Pagliano, security logs of Clinton's email server showed no evidence of successful hacking.[85] The New York Times reported that "forensic experts can sometimes spot sophisticated hacking that is not apparent in the logs, but computer security experts view logs as key documents when detecting hackers," adding the logs "bolster Mrs. Clinton's assertion that her use of a personal email account […] did not put American secrets into the hands of hackers or foreign governments.[73][85][86] In 2013, Romanian hacker Marcel Lehel Lazăr (aka "Guccifer") distributed private memos from Sidney Blumenthal to Clinton on events in Libya.[87][88] In 2016, Lazăr was extradited from Romania to the U.S. to face unrelated federal charges related to his hacking into the accounts of a number of high-profile U.S. figures,[89] pleading guilty to these charges.[90][91] While detained pending trial, Lazăr claimed to the media that he had successfully hacked Clinton's server, but provided no proof of this claim.[92] Officials associated with the investigation told the media that they found no evidence supporting Lazăr's assertion,[93] and Clinton press secretary Brian Fallon said "There is absolutely no basis to believe the claims made by this criminal from his prison cell."[94][95] FBI Director James Comey later stated in a congressional hearing that Guccifer admitted his claim was a lie.[96] According to security researchers at Secureworks the email leak was caused by Threat Group-4127 (TG-4127), which targets governments, military, and international non-governmental organizations. CTU researchers believe the group was gathering information for the Russian Government.[97][third-party source needed]

From

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
The Gohmert don't play that. You can bet he's extra-hopping mad and won't let it go until someone taps out.

I sure hope some damn body there is man enough to see one of these things through to the end. My hope of Sessions being a closet patriot who has just been quietly working behind the curtain seem as likely as my hope for free beer in 2019. This kind of abuse can't continue. And it might take until it's used against the left for those coddled by mother MSM to realize it's an issue.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Deetermined

careful she will turn you into a toad....

I always thought it was a newt?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join