It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hatred for McCain ? It is unwarranted.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Right I’m also not advocating hating the troops nor mistreating them, except war mongers like McCain or let’s say someone who commits war crimes or other abuses.

What I am saying though is that the “support the troops” was successfully used since the Iraq war to dismiss any criticism of the war, not the troops. That was a propaganda move.
a reply to: amazing

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

It was right then that I really began to believe that both parties are really the same party. There is no way possible for McCain to have done those things if he even had one tiny thought that he should win.

I don't remember that moment in the debate... but I do recall also having the feeling at some point that McCain just kinda stopped trying, and I felt like it was rigged too. I haven't trusted elections -- any elections! -- since.

Much like Johnson went stoopid after winning his primary in the last election. I recall others here on ATS thinking the same and wondering who/what got to him.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I couldn't bring myself to vote for Songbird even against Barack Obama.

Songbird. I hear this and I always wonder. Let's say it was true - how long do you think you'd hold out?

I want to say something about dignity but I'm not sure people know what that word means anymore

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
The thing everyone forgets about those held in Hanoi, everyone got broken they accepted they would be broken the bravery came from gathering yourself after it and resisting the next time you were questioned.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
He was a warmonger and stain on humanity who contributed to the death of hundreds of thousands of people.
I don't hate him though - only what he stood for and what he did. Not worth wasting emotional energy on such an evil person.

What you just said is true of many, many people - Americans on both the left and right. People in other countries. People throughout history

He's admitted he made mistakes - which won't bring those people back or change one thing

It's wise not to hate a person for being evil - that's just nonsense anyway. The things that happen in this world happen because of choices we make together. Not speaking up is also a choice

You and I are playing a part in all of it right now

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Holding people accountable for what they might say or do when they're being tortured is something cowards do

McCain was right to oppose it

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I give him a 2 out of 5.

Next.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: pointr97
a reply to: notsure1

Dig into USS Liberty and USS Forrestal.....He isn't as clean as some would like to make him........However, I don't believe a funeral service needs to be colored by that stuff.

I never claimed he was clean . I said I never liked him.

BUt he has my respect.

Respect is given to kind people, not those who managed Isis. The hundreds of thousands and millions killed and harmed, and young toddlers thrown in the commercial break making equipment, the rapes, destruction of children, destruction of homes and cities and beheadings. I'm sorry, he knew what he was doing and he was massively evil.
edit on 30-8-2018 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Right. But to get even more basic, I think there are two logical or philosophic fallacies in this support and honor the troops thing:

1) This idea that enrollment in the military, where often the wars are for bad motives and harm a lot of people, automatically qualifies one for respect or freedom from criticism, is absurd.

2) The premise of not criticizing war because it “isn’t supporting the troops” or will hurt them is also ridculous. In no other field that I can I think of would people say “don’t have a serious convo or criticize wrong doing, because there are staff involved and they might be hurt.” Like, don’t criticize the mafia because mafiosos might get hurt. Don’t criticize Wall st because stock brokers may have hurt feelings. Examples are endless.

It’s all purposeful marketing and psyops by the pentagon.

a reply to: narrator

edit on 30-8-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
If you talk bad about Trump his supporters will come after you with pitchforks and tiki torches.

Is this thread about Trump or McCain ?
You have me in a bit of confusion.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Yeah , Hell is for Hero's like John McCain . Good Luck...........

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Who would want to walk 1 ft in a traitors shoes,your the type that the media loves,they make the BLM and other social disrest appear lke the norm,the guy was an operative for the enemy,his story is made up

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Respect is one of those things which a person earns by giving it away.

Much like love. If you think you can get someone to love or respect you without you giving first, or at least in return, you will end up a very lonely person indeed.

And possess neither.

I can't help by believe, deep down inside, John McCain was a very lonely man.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I just find it funny how many people suddenly turned on him because him and Trump clashed on a few things. Ignoring the fact that McCain's voting record shows he sided with Trump on over 90% of the issues.

I guess the phrase Cult45 is pretty much on point. If you disagree with Cheeto Jesus on one thing you're labeled an apostate.

I think many of us were anti-McCain well before Trump came onto the stage. I learned of his "accident-induced" death toll back in 2009 but I didn't even vote for him in 2008 anyway just because of a feeling.

He was a warmonger and helped Obama and Clinton create ISIS. Remember when the armed forces revolted and refused to become Al Qaeda's air force?

We don't have to celebrate people who are rotting in hell. Death doesn't clear the record. I'll also celebrate when Kissenger and Soros shuffle off as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well, it's official.

McCain's funeral has lasted longer than the series, "Firefly".

Can we just bury the body now???

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, it's official.

McCain's funeral has lasted longer than the series, "Firefly".

Can we just bury the body now???

So many pissed off people. It's like McCain collectively iced their Bourbons.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The funeral of McCain.

Still a better love story than "Twilight".

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The funeral of McCain.

Still a better love story than "Twilight".

It's more like 50 Shades of Throwing Shade.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My sources tell me that in response to the death of McCain, ABC has fired Roseanne.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

My sources tell me that in response to the death of McCain, ABC has fired Roseanne.

Pound Me Too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join