It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hatred for McCain ? It is unwarranted.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

got it, just rolled out of bed takes longer to get the synapses firing than it used it.

Having a very pregnant wife rolling out of bed every hour is killing me.
All good

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It is because as a politician he was a RINO and he hid behind his war record to get away with being a sellout.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
ATS: thread That's why. My Uncle served with him on the USS Forrestal, and I met the guy in person and away from the cameras.

His time as a POW is a joke compared to other POWs, and if it wasn't for his family name and father stepping in to bail him out, he would have been bumped down a paygrade and sent state side. Instead he gets transferred to another ship and gets shot down, then turns his back on his fellow Servicemen.

As a member of Congress (both in the House and Senate), how many times did he flaunt his time as a POW to get re-elected, and how many times did he then turn his back on the people that voted him in? It was the same for people in the military, he didn't give a damn about us, unless it was re-election time or the cameras were turned on. If you really want to know were his views stood, look at the people that were openly invited to his funeral, and look at what he did as his last acts in office, then you can ask yourself why does a lot of people dislike him.

My only disheartened point about McCain's passing is that he didn't publicly answer for his crimes, and that now that he's officially dead it will be easier for all this to be pushed under a rug somewhere. I hope that an investigation is opened into how fit was he during his proxy votes, and that if anyone else did those vote for him. I sadly believe that this won't happen though.

Sir that information needs to be re-summarized here. According to one person in this thread it was all done to stop people from somehow benefiting from the release of POW records. Like the organizers of MIA POW groups were benefiting so much from wanting to find out if their loved ones were still alive or not by organizing to get that information. My thoughts are just like yours. He didn't want those records released because then there would be no hiding what a worm he was while prisoner.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Never hated McCain. I respect what he did during his presidential run last time, dispelling all the wacky conspiracy theories about Obama and getting to the heart of the matter in that they have disagreements on policy. I liked that he worked with anyone...didn't care if they were democrats or republicans...just like real life! LOL

I respected his POW status. He was literally shot down, ejected into a lake with broken arms and a broken leg and captured. No chance to "fight to the death". He was tortured for years after being denied adequate medical care. Trump was literally the biggest jerk in the world with his "I prefer vets that didn't get captured" statement.

What I never liked about McCain was his willingness to go to war and drop bombs first and ask questions later. And who in their right minds picks Wackjob Sarah Palin as a running mate...LOl But besides those to things...no hate.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Never hated McCain. I respect what he did during his presidential run last time, dispelling all the wacky conspiracy theories about Obama and getting to the heart of the matter in that they have disagreements on policy. I liked that he worked with anyone...didn't care if they were democrats or republicans...just like real life! LOL

His showing for a Presidential run, was just that; A Show. Of course that could be marked up as my opinion, but if it wasn't show, then we dodged an idiot from looking at his campaign decisions.

I respected his POW status. He was literally shot down, ejected into a lake with broken arms and a broken leg and captured. No chance to "fight to the death". He was tortured for years after being denied adequate medical care. Trump was literally the biggest jerk in the world with his "I prefer vets that didn't get captured" statement.

So we just ignore this: Source and just for fun USNEWS

According to writings by McCain, himself, after about 3-4 days of torture by the Vietnamese, he called for an officer and stated that he would give them information. He told the officer, “O.K., I’ll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital.” -U.S. News and World Report, May 14, 1973 article written by former POW John McCain. So these are his own words. After this McCain was taken to Gai Lam military hospital which was normally unavailable to American POW’s. This from U.S. government documents.

What I never liked about McCain was his willingness to go to war and drop bombs first and ask questions later. And who in their right minds picks Wackjob Sarah Palin as a running mate...LOl But besides those to things...no hate.

I never understood that about McCain, he didn't care about our military but sure liked to use them any chance he got.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: pointr97
a reply to: notsure1

Dig into USS Liberty and USS Forrestal.....He isn't as clean as some would like to make him........However, I don't believe a funeral service needs to be colored by that stuff.

I never claimed he was clean . I said I never liked him.

BUt he has my respect.

Yeah? Does Adolph have your respect too? Serious question. Since we are honoring dead war heroes. Adolph was a war hero in Germany.

So now hes Hitler..? You must be a closet liberal..

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
He was a warmonger and stain on humanity who contributed to the death of hundreds of thousands of people.
I don't hate him though - only what he stood for and what he did. Not worth wasting emotional energy on such an evil person.

edit on 30/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Dig into USS Liberty and USS Forrestal.....He isn't as clean as some would like to make him........However, I don't believe a funeral service needs to be colored by that stuff.

BUt he has my respect.

Yeah? Does Adolph have your respect too? Serious question. Since we are honoring dead war heroes. Adolph was a war hero in Germany.
What about Hitler’s service bro? Respect the troops!

Heroes on both sides bro. An enemy to one side, a hero on the other. I thought we were honoring all dead soldiers. I respect all military personnel. They're doing a thankless job that I was too selfish to do when I should've done it.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I don't disagree with everything you said, but this...from your source about him not being the hero he portrays himself as being. And fair enough, but any man who gets shot down flying a combat mission...and..

...On October 26, 1967, McCain was flying his 23rd bombing mission over North Vietnam when his A-4E Skyhawk was shot down over Hanoi. He fractured both arms and a leg ejecting from the aircraft and then nearly drowned when he parachuted into Trúc Bach Lake. Some North Vietnamese pulled him ashore and then others crushed his shoulder with a rifle butt and bayoneted him. He was then transported to Hanoi’s main Hỏa Lò Prison which was nicknamed the Hanoi Hilton.

That's pretty tough stuff. Everyone man his breaking point. I can't judge him for any thing he said.

But the one part I disliked...it seems like everyone is a warmonger these days.. How many bombs and civililians and children did Obama Kill? How many millions did Bush Kill? Reagan? Bush Sr? Clinton? Even Hillary was a warmonger.
edit on 30-8-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The only he said she said I give any credibility to about McCain is how two of his superiors in the pow camp said they never saw him get tortured at the camp, and as soon as the north learned his daddy was an admiral he was moved to the area where they did not torture people.

The only reason I give any credibility to that is it makes sense, you have an admirals son you have a bargaining chip, versus say a cooks son.

ETA: that is not to say I dont think he was mistreated when captured or during the time from his capture to reaching Hanoi, there just seems to be precious little about evidence of it after reaching the hilton.

edit on 30-8-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

On top of the fact he chose the most unlikeable person as his running mate. I know exactly what you're saying. I saw the same thing. BHO was tapped to win it. Even HRC knew this. Hell, I saw it when he spoke at Ole Swift Boat John Kerry's rally.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

BUt he has my respect.

So now hes Hitler..? You must be a closet liberal..

So, all Germans named Adolph are automatically Hitler?

ETA
Also, if a person is for states rights, protection of the Constitution, enforced immigration laws and Americans first, then yes, I am a closeted liberal.
edit on 30-8-2018 by rollanotherone because: I'mma lihbrhul

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

BUt he has my respect.

What about Hitler’s service bro? Respect the troops!

Heroes on both sides bro. An enemy to one side, a hero on the other. I thought we were honoring all dead soldiers. I respect all military personnel. They're doing a thankless job that I was too selfish to do when I should've done it.
I was being facetious.

I don’t blame youthful people who are often lied to regarding the nature of war and US foreign policy. They should be honored. But I have little patience for those who do know and either continue to serve or play apologists for US foreign policy. They are complicit.

For example, it’s not honorable to have dropped more bombs than in the European theatre during wwii, on Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos in the Vietnam War. Something like a million dead.

Cambodia and Laos weren’t even in the war.

It’s also not selfless nor heroic. We need to stop honoring war and troops just because they served. It’s a logical fallacy and it in fact has been used since the iraq wars to dismiss criticism. “How dare you criticize these illegitimate war, support the troops!”
edit on 30-8-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I agree with rollanotherone that McCainis is close to what Hitler was. Part of the manipulative close to 100% soulless (by their actions) crowd where Hiltler, Bushes, Clintons, Obama and the banking families belongs.

He is partly to blame that life on earth for many souls are such an insane ride. But that insanity always mirror back at the end at to the source. In a way I am both sad and angry that he was such an evil emotionally manipulative person, Souls should know better.

One day even that soul will learn something and be worth something. Until then he will be a fallen ONE.
edit on 30-8-2018 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The establishment leaders in both parties are war mongers. And, as Glenn greenwald and Noam Chomsky say, when it comes to war the media almost always bands together to support it, including propaganda-esque coverage.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Cool man. I feel ya.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Preach.
I've never understood the logic that someone is infallible simply because they were in the armed forces. Or the police, for that matter. It's a job. Yes, it's a grueling, sometimes painful, job, but it's a job nonetheless. Just because someone has a job doesn't give them a free pass to corruption/criminality/dickishness.

Support the troops! Why? In my lifetime, the US has not been under any attack that could be construed as being a danger to the entire country. 9/11 was definitely tragic, but (in no way downplaying the loss of life), it was a one-off attack. Bombing the hell out of a country for something that a rogue psycho and his band of miscreants did is not a reason to support troops. Since that point, any conflict that the armed forces has gotten into has been an offensive attack. Looking at it from the other side, our actions could be taken as inciting war with other countries/organizations.

When US troops protect us from an actual invasion of US soil, then they will have my full support. Until then, the department of defense and all of it's employees are spending atrocious amounts of money while being bullies to the world. There is no reason to play world police when we can't police our own country properly.

On topic: It seems like he wasn't the cleanest politician, but I have no real qualms with McCain. May he RIP.
edit on 30-8-2018 by narrator because: eta

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

Preach.
I've never understood the logic that someone is infallible simply because they were in the armed forces. Or the police, for that matter. It's a job. Yes, it's a grueling, sometimes painful, job, but it's a job nonetheless. Just because someone has a job doesn't give them a free pass to corruption/criminality/dickishness.

Support the troops! Why? In my lifetime, the US has not been under any attack that could be construed as being a danger to the entire country. 9/11 was definitely tragic, but (in no way downplaying the loss of life), it was a one-off attack. Bombing the hell out of a country for something that a rogue psycho and his band of miscreants did is not a reason to support troops. Since that point, any conflict that the armed forces has gotten into has been an offensive attack. Looking at it from the other side, our actions could be taken as inciting war with other countries/organizations.

When US troops protect us from an actual invasion of US soil, then they will have my full support. Until then, the department of defense and all of it's employees are spending atrocious amounts of money while being bullies to the world. There is no reason to play world police when we can't police our own country properly.

On topic: It seems like he wasn't the cleanest politician, but I have no real qualms with McCain. May he RIP.

I disagree with supporting the troops. You can hate the war/protest the war but never the troops.

When many joined the forces after 9/11 they were defending the country. Hitting Afghanistan, where bin laden and the Taliban were. They were led to believe that Iraq was a threat. And many people join the military as a chance to better their lives.

No one joins to kill women and children. One of my best friends was shot twice and blown up in Iraq. True Hero. he has my full support.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I apologize, I didn't do a great job explaining myself. Yes, there are obviously people in the troops who are absolute heroes. Props to your friend, that's something I don't want to go through and he also has my full support.

What I meant was, some people treat the armed forces as being better than the average citizen. Yes, they put themselves in danger, but I don't think they're better (as a whole) than the average US citizen.

Summarizing: I don't think troops should be put on pedestals.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

BUt he has my respect.

Read this please:

www.vvof.org...

Is not conspiracy, is documented. Is about how McCain used his political power to shut down MIA investigations. No one really knows why.

I have heard it all. He is dead now.

Anyone else who criticizes him ever walked a mile in those shoes? I dont think they or me could do it..

Don’t be silly. Many men have been through hell, they just don’t put it up on a billboard every 6 years. As I examine McCain’s record it looks like his time in Hanoi was an act of Karma for earlier sins, and John didn’t learn his lesson. He came home and dumped his wife because she was disfigured in a auto accident. He was screwing the next one before the ink was dry on his divorce papers. I guess he earned his Navy call sign. Playboy.

He has pushed for war’s his entire time in the senate. Was probably complicit in the deaths of many US Service men, and no telling how many other people.I had no respect for the guy when he was alive. Now that he’s dead nothing has changed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join