It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hatred for McCain ? It is unwarranted.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
If you talk bad about Trump his supporters will come after you with pitchforks and tiki torches.

Except for the fact that some of us, myself included, have an ATS trail of disdain for John McCain the RINO which significantly predates Trump's candidacy. Hell, I was openly a man without a candidate in 2008... I couldn't bring myself to vote for Songbird even against Barack Obama.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Can it be like some of those Indian funerals where Schumer throws himself on McCain’s funerary blaze?
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

You do realize that our current president fits that bill also.

Trump is actually a War-mon-ger
-person who encourages or advocates aggression towards other countries or groups.

Now I will not say he wasn’t a neocon But will say our current guy is.

McCain has my respect and more importantly he stayed with his fellow Americans in a time of need. Which is more than most can say for themselves.

McCain and family I hope you get to see a better America from here on out.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I can respect his service, and not respect his political career!

I have a hard time forgetting his selfies with people that were slaughtering innocents, and him saying they are a good bunch of guys. (paraphrase obviously)
I don’t buy it. It’s all about “net impact.” For example, if a lifelong gov employee is found to have practiced widespread corruption, their service becomes questionable.
edit on 30-8-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Is about how McCain used his political power to shut down MIA investigations. No one really knows why.

Yes, we do know why: Because the families of those MIA/POWs -- and even KIAs -- were being given false hope that their loved ones were alive to extort big bucks out of them. My uncle was one they tried to extort money from, telling them that my cousin who was KIA was actually alive and being held. I don't remember much, just how angry my dad was about it.

The best quick summary I found was an Amazon top review for this book: Prisoners of Hope:: Exploiting the POW/MIA Myth in America

This book shows how Ted Sampley abused the hopes of grieving families for profit. Their best-known victim, until now, was Sen. John McCain. He first drew Sampley's poisonous attention when, along with John Kerry, he debunked the idea that Americans were still being held by Vietnam, and endorsed the restoration of diplomatic relations with the Communist government.

Keating describes in detail how, in 1992, Sampley commenced a "scurrilous" crusade to punish McCain: "Sampley ... accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets. "To those who know McCain and are familiar with his behavior in captivity, the charge is ludicrous. McCain resisted his captors to such a degree that he was isolated in a special prison for troublemakers. He repeatedly refused special favors, including early release, and emerged as a spiritual and religious leader for other prisoners. Nonetheless, Sampley was persistent enough in his claims that the press in McCain's home state of Arizona picked up on the KGB story." This book is an excellent reply to the venomous right such as Rush Limbaugh (who by the way avoided military service) who try to portray honorable Veterans like John McCain and John Kerry as less than honorable vets. McCain and Kerry served with honor. Limbaugh dodged the draft.

I don't know what the truth is, but that's what was going on.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They just carried him away while playing "i did it my way".

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yes it's unwarranted, the Deep State is thankful for his 40+ years of service....

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I’m not a trump supporter. And I obviously stated others are war mongering folks too. Bush, clinton, you name it.

If you can respect people that literally are willing to kill hundreds of thousands for US empire, then either you aren’t educated on un whitewashed foreign policy or your morals are suspect.
a reply to: Allaroundyou

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
John,
Sleep in heavenly peace.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: pointr97
a reply to: notsure1

Dig into USS Liberty and USS Forrestal.....He isn't as clean as some would like to make him........However, I don't believe a funeral service needs to be colored by that stuff.

I never claimed he was clean . I said I never liked him.

BUt he has my respect.

Yeah? Does Adolph have your respect too? Serious question. Since we are honoring dead war heroes. Adolph was a war hero in Germany.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
John,
Sleep in heavenly peace.

How many times did you vote for him '08?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Its not hard, the majority of question marks around his military service are pure he said she said, and even then he was a POW and until you have been there you don't know how you will act. (I went through resistance training with the USAF, and you got to learn some interesting things)

While we have several instances where in his political service where he came off corrupt as all get out, so I have zero heartburn splitting the two into separate instances.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Its not hard, the majority of question marks around his military service are pure he said she said, and even then he was a POW and until you have been there you don't know how you will act. (I went through resistance training with the USAF, and you got to learn some interesting things)

While we have several instances where in his political service where he came off corrupt as all get out, so I have zero heartburn splitting the two into separate instances.

I was giving you a hypothetical example.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Dig into USS Liberty and USS Forrestal.....He isn't as clean as some would like to make him........However, I don't believe a funeral service needs to be colored by that stuff.

BUt he has my respect.

Yeah? Does Adolph have your respect too? Serious question. Since we are honoring dead war heroes. Adolph was a war hero in Germany.
What about Hitler’s service bro? Respect the troops!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Fools

Is about how McCain used his political power to shut down MIA investigations. No one really knows why.

Yes, we do know why: Because the families of those MIA/POWs -- and even KIAs -- were being given false hope that their loved ones were alive to extort big bucks out of them. My uncle was one they tried to extort money from, telling them that my cousin who was KIA was actually alive and being held. I don't remember much, just how angry my dad was about it.

The best quick summary I found was an Amazon top review for this book: Prisoners of Hope:: Exploiting the POW/MIA Myth in America

This book shows how Ted Sampley abused the hopes of grieving families for profit. Their best-known victim, until now, was Sen. John McCain. He first drew Sampley's poisonous attention when, along with John Kerry, he debunked the idea that Americans were still being held by Vietnam, and endorsed the restoration of diplomatic relations with the Communist government.

Keating describes in detail how, in 1992, Sampley commenced a "scurrilous" crusade to punish McCain: "Sampley ... accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets. "To those who know McCain and are familiar with his behavior in captivity, the charge is ludicrous. McCain resisted his captors to such a degree that he was isolated in a special prison for troublemakers. He repeatedly refused special favors, including early release, and emerged as a spiritual and religious leader for other prisoners. Nonetheless, Sampley was persistent enough in his claims that the press in McCain's home state of Arizona picked up on the KGB story." This book is an excellent reply to the venomous right such as Rush Limbaugh (who by the way avoided military service) who try to portray honorable Veterans like John McCain and John Kerry as less than honorable vets. McCain and Kerry served with honor. Limbaugh dodged the draft.

I don't know what the truth is, but that's what was going on.

I can possibly believe that. Then again it would be easier for me to think that John McCain was doing it to protect his own hide for some reason.

During one of McCain's terrible debates with BHO, I found myself literally puking up a little bit in my mouth when he "tried to pull heart strings" with his "they broke me" story. It was at that time that I realized that the powers that be orchestrated everything and BHO was intended to win. That and McCain walking around mindlessly like a feeble old town drunk in front of the camera's.

It was right then that I really began to believe that both parties are really the same party. There is no way possible for McCain to have done those things if he even had one tiny thought that he should win.

The system is rigged and McCain is one of the riggers.
edit on 30-8-2018 by Fools because: ...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

got it, just rolled out of bed takes longer to get the synapses firing than it used it.

Having a very pregnant wife rolling out of bed every hour is killing me.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
ATS: thread That's why. My Uncle served with him on the USS Forrestal, and I met the guy in person and away from the cameras.

His time as a POW is a joke compared to other POWs, and if it wasn't for his family name and father stepping in to bail him out, he would have been bumped down a paygrade and sent state side. Instead he gets transferred to another ship and gets shot down, then turns his back on his fellow Servicemen.

As a member of Congress (both in the House and Senate), how many times did he flaunt his time as a POW to get re-elected, and how many times did he then turn his back on the people that voted him in? It was the same for people in the military, he didn't give a damn about us, unless it was re-election time or the cameras were turned on. If you really want to know were his views stood, look at the people that were openly invited to his funeral, and look at what he did as his last acts in office, then you can ask yourself why does a lot of people dislike him.

My only disheartened point about McCain's passing is that he didn't publicly answer for his crimes, and that now that he's officially dead it will be easier for all this to be pushed under a rug somewhere. I hope that an investigation is opened into how fit was he during his proxy votes, and that if anyone else did those vote for him. I sadly believe that this won't happen though.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

BUt he has my respect.

Read this please:

www.vvof.org...

Is not conspiracy, is documented. Is about how McCain used his political power to shut down MIA investigations. No one really knows why.

I have heard it all. He is dead now.

Anyone else who criticizes him ever walked a mile in those shoes? I dont think they or me could do it..

Respect is fine. But it does not mean that I or anyone else for that matter should be expected to lionize him. I think his service to his country is admirable. I find the way he behaved as a politician disgusting.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
John,
Sleep in heavenly peace.

Stop trolling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join