It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hatred for McCain ? It is unwarranted.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Look Im a Trump supporter and he is allowed to not like McCain. They had their own reasons for hating each other.

I have no reason to not like McCain . The guy spent over 5 years as a POW . He deserves respect on that alone.

While I disagreed with him while he was alive , even when he ran for POTUS I would never say he wasnt a hero.

5 years is a hell of a long time .

McCain you have my respect.

RIP sir..

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Yes, McCain served in the American military and yes he was a POW for 5 years. Great. That does not mean that he can't be judged by the many other horrible things that he did.

I served in the military and I definitely don't say to anyone that doesn't like something I am doing or have done< "you can't say that! I am a veteran! I deserve your respect!"

That is basically what McCain wanted people to do and so do his supporters who are strangely more democrats on the political stage than not.

Also, due to his bizarre relationships with the Bush and Clinton families, I don't think that he was on the up and up morally speaking anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Dig into USS Liberty and USS Forrestal.....He isn't as clean as some would like to make him........However, I don't believe a funeral service needs to be colored by that stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointr97

Dig into USS Liberty and USS Forrestal.....He isn't as clean as some would like to make him........However, I don't believe a funeral service needs to be colored by that stuff.

I never claimed he was clean . I said I never liked him.

BUt he has my respect.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Many here have despised McCain long before Trump came along.

America is a better place without him.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The POS was involved with terrorists in Syria.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Look Im a Trump supporter and he is allowed to not like McCain. They had their own reasons for hating each other.

I have no reason to not like McCain . The guy spent over 5 years as a POW . He deserves respect on that alone.

While I disagreed with him while he was alive , even when he ran for POTUS I would never say he wasnt a hero.

5 years is a hell of a long time .

McCain you have my respect.

RIP sir..
He was a neo con war monger, that’s why. Not only regarding Iraq and Iran, but he was instrumental in organizing the militant anti-Assad fighters in Syria, including funding and arming them. To date several hundred thousand people are dead, and something they don’t tell you is almost half the deaths are due to anti Assad forces. And that war is a proxy war for power and always has been.

What I can’t understand is how someone can both know these things AND apologize for him. I see these types of people as diabolical monsters. Some of them such as Bush Jr should be on trial for war crimes. Same with Kissinger.

That answer your question?
edit on 30-8-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

War mongering sociopaths shouldn’t be rehabilitated in death, sorry. Do you do that for Stalin? Or a serial killer? Or a mafioso.

What about all the dead civilians from he and his ilk’s wars?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

BUt he has my respect.

Read this please:

www.vvof.org...

Is not conspiracy, is documented. Is about how McCain used his political power to shut down MIA investigations. No one really knows why.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

BUt he has my respect.

Read this please:

www.vvof.org...

Is not conspiracy, is documented. Is about how McCain used his political power to shut down MIA investigations. No one really knows why.

I have heard it all. He is dead now.

Anyone else who criticizes him ever walked a mile in those shoes? I dont think they or me could do it..

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It is a far cry from giving a respectful service to immortalizing someone. MSM is immortalizing him.....I just suggested that a service should be just respectful.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

BUt he has my respect.

Read this please:

www.vvof.org...

I have heard it all. He is dead now.

Anyone else who criticizes him ever walked a mile in those shoes? I dont think they or me could do it..

If those shoes took me to Syria to convault with terrorists I would burn those shoes!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If you talk bad about Trump his supporters will come after you with pitchforks and tiki torches.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I served in the military and I definitely don't say to anyone that doesn't like something I am doing or have done< "you can't say that! I am a veteran! I deserve your respect!"

That is basically what McCain wanted people to do...

I never got that feeling from McCain. Maybe from others, but not McCain himself. I would say he invoked his experience more in arrogance than for pity... as in, "I know best because I've been there and done that," as opposed to, "Don't criticize poor little me."

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It is a far cry from giving a respectful service to immortalizing someone. MSM is immortalizing him.....I just suggested that a service should be just respectful.
Yeah I wouldn’t myself disrupt such a ceremony, and for the family let them have a peaceful one. But it is deeply problematic that everyone and their mother in the media is singing his glories.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I just find it funny how many people suddenly turned on him because him and Trump clashed on a few things. Ignoring the fact that McCain's voting record shows he sided with Trump on over 90% of the issues.

I guess the phrase Cult45 is pretty much on point. If you disagree with Cheeto Jesus on one thing you're labeled an apostate.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Equally stupid is how a bunch of “liberals” now love McCain and Bush jr because they criticized Trump at some point. I hate everyone, lol.
a reply to: Xcalibur254

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
If you talk bad about Trump his supporters will come after you with pitchforks and tiki torches.

Those tiki torches are on sale for 2$ in my area...

He has my respect cause i try to understand the paths this world can put a man on and most of them are not accepted by most. I blame myself as much as i blame John.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Heroes die every day. On average, 22 vets commit suicide, daily.

Yeah, McCain was a vet and a POW.

But I'm getting sick and tired of this week-long funeral.

When is the gnashing of teeth and funereal wailing going to begin? Is Chuck Shummer going to toss himself on the coffin and openly weep?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I can respect his service, and not respect his political career!

I have a hard time forgetting his selfies with people that were slaughtering innocents, and him saying they are a good bunch of guys. (paraphrase obviously)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join