It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun controllers, this is why we don't store firearms in a common area

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Most of the citizens of ATS are responsible gun owners. And responsible gun owners practice proper firearm safety measures without the need for the government to tell them to do so.

However, there are a lot of thoughtless people who legally own firearms. And their thoughtlessness can lead to bad consequences for innocent parties. Forcing this class of people to practice gun storage safety makes sense.

However legislation that is too heavy-handed can reduce the effectiveness of possessing a weapon for self-defense. So requiring all gun owners to store all of their weapons in a central location is not sensible. Furthermore, requiring offsite storage at some commercial armory is a direct infringement.

-dex

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Market it! There has to be a market for it out there!

Lets do a kickstarter. Different kinds of chocolates for the different flavors of coffee.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
One of the more bizarre attacks on the second amendment (which protects private ownership of firearms, among other facets of RKBA) involves a plan to force Citizens to store their firearms (or in some variations, just their "assault" weapons) in a common area or "militia armory"

While I do wish my American friends would get over their obsession with their almighty guns (and to think that in 1990 Gary Cherone, Nuno Bettencourt and friends had me thinking it was Money you guys were obsessed with

Hallelujah

Now I lay, I lay me down to sleep
Hallelujah
Almighty dollar
I praise the lord afford my roll to keep
Hallelujah
Almighty dollar

)

But even as someone who believes you need to do something about all these guns, I know this isn't it. Even without the accompanying story of replica guns swapped out for real ones it sounds like an idiotic plan.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Can you sort me out with an assault chocolate ghost gun please, dark chocolate as well, the blacker the better.
I've got some kids on my lawn every now and then so you know, correct tool for the job and all that.

Sounds like you are in need of our chainsaw attachment too, you never know when a kid you just mowed down is coming back as a zombie.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The law is to "keep and bear arms" which does not imply any location other than in the citizens "arms", which is why they are called "arms". The word keep means immediate and consistent possession. This is the bigger problem that the meanings of words and phrases has been changed away from when they were used by the framers.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Here is a real life example of the problem (either due to coordinated criminal activity or corrupt insider activity - both are equally large problems)

It's good that you acknowledge the fact that the US is rife with the same

I read somewhere that most countries with people have those problems.

You mean countries where guns are like chocolate bars

Eh, I don't have any gripes.

It's kinda nice being able to get chocolate bars and guns in the same place.

Chocolate guns would still be safer

You could ask the law-abiding Venezuelans, but they don't have either one.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Sounds perfect, I love US customer service.
If you can just supply it with just the chainsaw interface attachment I can install my own Stihl petrol saw, no need to increase costs of parts I don't need.
...now to the gym for building arms which can carry that assault chocolate ghost gun saw beast. I hope the Crown doesn't tell me I have to store it in the local government armoury.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

One of the more bizarre attacks on the second amendment (which protects private ownership of firearms, among other facets of RKBA) involves a plan to force Citizens to store their firearms (or in some variations, just their "assault" weapons) in a common area or "militia armory"

Despite the obvious ramifications such an idea holds for the Constitutionally protected RKBA, some advocates have persisted. This idea is bad for several primary reasons, including: 1) You won't have the weapon within arms reach when you need it and 2) it invites tampering, theft or coordinated disarmament (ie: you only have to control a single armory vs. door-to-door fighting)

Here is a real life example of the problem (either due to coordinated criminal activity or corrupt insider activity - both are equally large problems)

www.rt.com...

Say what? Paraguay’s police rifles replaced with replicas by thieves

The rifle issue came to light last week, when the police admitted that at least 42 FN FAL rifles went missing from its armory in the city of Capiatá. The rifles has been held in storage as they were replaced with new models of smaller caliber. The stolen weapons were still operational.

The rifles began appearing on the black market last year, which prompted the country’s military to investigate and ultimately led to gun-by-gun inventory checks within the police force. It was then discovered that 42 rifles in the Capiatá police inventory were actually plastic and wooden replicas.

Idea dismissed. No need for changes when the current system works just fine
(although we need to work toward continuing to destroy regulations)
When those occupying the highest offices in the land tell you that an $18,000,000,000,000 debt is “under control“, we live in a country that has gone completely insane.
when they can pay off that bill they made ill turn in my guns...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I hope the Crown doesn't tell me I have to store it in the local government armoury.

Just shoot them too.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You won't have the weapon within arms reach when you need it and 2) it invites tampering, theft or coordinated disarmament (ie: you only have to control a single armory vs. door-to-door fighting)

I agree. This is a dumb idea.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Hmm, doesn't obesity kill more US citizens than gunshot injuries?
I think your chocolate guns would be a much more evil silent killer and should be locked up in official storage units.

EDIT
We thought the same about obesity lol[/quote]

how many obese people are obese cause someone else throws food at them really really fast? Like MacDonalds,Burger King,etc.?

edit on 30-8-2018 by ridgerunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It's good that you acknowledge the fact that the US is rife with the same

I read somewhere that most countries with people have those problems.

You mean countries where guns are like chocolate bars

The irony in your statement is if we banned chocolate we would save more lives than if we banned guns

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

While I do wish my American friends would get over their obsession with their almighty guns (and to think that in 1990 Gary Cherone, Nuno Bettencourt and friends had me thinking it was Money you guys were obsessed with

Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Almighty dollar
Hallelujah
Almighty dollar

)

But even as someone who believes you need to do something about all these guns, I know this isn't it. Even without the accompanying story of replica guns swapped out for real ones it sounds like an idiotic plan.

Theres your problem right there: Gay Cherone. Just listen to Nuno. The whole world should listen to Nuno

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Lol no they are like the hardest family in town.
I'll comply and stay alive instead.
...alive for as long as it takes for my countryfolk to equally condemn a constitutional monarchy as undemocratic.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

...alive for as long as it takes for my countryfolk to equally condemn a constitutional monarchy as undemocratic.

For what its worth, major thumbs up

And from another post, priceless

...now to the gym for building arms which can carry that assault chocolate ghost gun saw beast. I hope the Crown doesn't tell me I have to store it in the local government armoury.

edit on 8/30/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Haha cheers man, I was working in a city today which was under siege by the Crown in 1600's English civil war days, I'd be a Parliamentary supporter for sure, I'll probably pay for it one day.

Even today there is a difference in townships which were royalists or parliamentarians. People are bolder, less like willing slaves to the Crown.
History has definitely shaped society.

...now send me one of those chocolate 3D printed guns

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
The law is to "keep and bear arms" which does not imply any location other than in the citizens "arms", which is why they are called "arms". The word keep means immediate and consistent possession. This is the bigger problem that the meanings of words and phrases has been changed away from when they were used by the framers.

Umm, arms is short for armaments which comes from the Latin term armamentum which is from the term armare which means to arm meaning to give weapons.

It has nothing to do with where they're kept.

That's hillarious, I can't stop s'n-word'ing...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: djz3ro

Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Almighty dollar
Hallelujah
Almighty dollar

)

Theres your problem right there: Gay Cherone. Just listen to Nuno. The whole world should listen to Nuno

Hell yeah, i learned that later on mate

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Anything to make the People helpless targets. There is a reason Globalists don't like our rights. If we lose our guns, freedom is gone.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Realistically, you can either have the right to keep arms, or you can't. Having to store them in a facility remote from your location, means that they are about as useful to you as a feather in a knife fight. It makes no sense.

The crucial thing here, is that those who cannot be trusted to operate and keep a firearm without loosing the plot and shooting up a school, should not be in regular society in the first place, should be institutitionalised if they get anywhere close to that stage, and to prevent them getting there, have access to totally hassle free, no cost at point of service mental healthcare, carefully composed medication regimes of low cost and high effect with minimal, non-serious side effects, and not be exposed to the stigma or ramifications of the same, in terms of threats to their employment, freedom, or access to their children.

If those things are provided, without onus on the individual to acquire them or look for help at all, then the situation with guns in America, specifically mass shooting events, will recede into obscurity, and become a once in fifty year event, not a once a month or more event.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join