It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's teens don't trust the corporate media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
When you have something like, I dunno, say a muslim compound in the desert in New Mexico training little kids to carry out school shootings but the 'news' media is 24/7 "See, see, he did lie about cheating on his wife. IMPEACH!!" then of course you tend to be very distrusting of 'news' channels.

Most leftists believe that 'right-wing' means 'inherantly bad' and that it's ok to silence their viewpoints. You know, like the nazis did. You see this all the time when evil 'far right' speakers are shouted out of presentations and cancelled from speaking at universities and halls.

The left think this is ok. It's not. It's fascism.

The kids know the media pundits feel more than happy to lie and falsify 'news' on a daily basis, everyone knows.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Backin 1986 at OSU college of journalism in Ohio, they taught the students to report only the facts. Biased agenda has no place in reporting. Now the media owners have a greedy and manipulative agenda to control the thoughts of the mass public. The truth is not important anymore, it's all about the money and keeping your job, do as the owner asks. I would say life is a lot more difficult than thirty years ago, people's morals are in the septic tank.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
this is awesome. i hated the media before it was cool. I hated when teachers gave us "appropriate sources" like the Nytimes, CNN, FOX etc.

I wonder how many teens believe in the mainstream medias 9-11 narrative?

Most people have seen the 9-11 documentaries out there and i would say the tide is turning.

A lot more kids than you would think now know 9-11 was an inside job.

thats a pretty big reason not to trust the media i would say?

or how about just the fact that they reported Hillary had a 98% chance of winning?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

i suspect that if you looked, you would find that 9-11 was one of the bigger causes of older people at least starting to distrust the main stream news. as many people were almost glued to the news that day and watched the truth change constantly.

the guaranteed Hillary win, with Trump having no chance is likely why the younger generation started to distrust the news. and the funniest thing about that situation, is that is in a large part thanks to mainstream news and their (rather biased) coverage of the election cycle both gave Trump the Republican nomination, as well as the Presidency.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join