It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Citizens are being denied passports and being sent to Detention centers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So what about babies that were sold to us parents 40 or 50 yrs ago and fit right into modern society and have known no other life?

Are they not American? Should we round them up?
edit on 30-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

They didn't build it high enough! lol

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: manuelram16
So you are saying there is no widespread fraud on ID papers at bordertowns ?, most farmworkers have 2 ssn, they work on one and collect unemployment on the 2nd.

A friend of mine's (who is a dreamer) parents have valid SSNs and birthy's and they're 100% illegal. She told me so. But she wouldn't tell me how they got it

But nooo... No such thing. It's impossible. We're killing these people by sending them home! The agony!

"Sending them home"?! They were already there! They are taking these people from their homes without any proof of their documentation being false.

They are targeting a demographic and throwing them in centers without evidence of wrongdoing. That is fascist terrorism in my eyes.

I can't believe that some research was not done on the matter before they sent him the letter.

Still.. Sorry. I'm not going to follow a law someone else can freely break because... special.... Doesn't work that way. You can't sway me no matter what angle you present it to me. I understand the issue. I see the problem. I know the sadness... But no. If it's a law, you follow it. If you take away that law, sure why not. Until then... No. Just no!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
those detentions centers gotta make a profit.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
those detentions centers gotta make a profit.

An important piece of the puzzle that shouldn’t be overlooked either.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

So you are saying there is no widespread fraud on ID papers at bordertowns ?, most farmworkers have 2 ssn, they work on one and collect unemployment on the 2nd.

A friend of mine's (who is a dreamer) parents have valid SSNs and birthy's and they're 100% illegal. She told me so. But she wouldn't tell me how they got it

But nooo... No such thing. It's impossible. We're killing these people by sending them home! The agony!

"Sending them home"?! They were already there! They are taking these people from their homes without any proof of their documentation being false.

They are targeting a demographic and throwing them in centers without evidence of wrongdoing. That is fascist terrorism in my eyes.

I can't believe that some research was not done on the matter before they sent him the letter.

Still.. Sorry. I'm not going to follow a law someone else can freely break because... special.... Doesn't work that way. You can't sway me no matter what angle you present it to me. I understand the issue. I see the problem. I know the sadness... But no. If it's a law, you follow it. If you take away that law, sure why not. Until then... No. Just no!

So due process doesn't apply in these cases just because?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep, old news for us here in Texas, particularly those of us who've followed events and spent time in "the Valley", i.e., Brownsville/Harlingen area.

Although, I'm somewhat surprised because I'd have thought they had fixed the systems by now.

Who knows.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Seems like someone would have come up with a marriage website for peeps like her by now.

Find your alien bride and make her legal today with alienhookups.com.

for being a friend

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain
Even if this guy was given a false birth certificate, I doubt there is any way to prove it beyond conjecture. And even if it were the case that he had been provided with a fake birth certificate, he would not have been aware that his birth certificate was not legit, and he had no intention of 'getting away' with anything.

Whatever the cause of this is, THIS is something I am sure that we can all agree with as being appalling in the extreme. So, please, none of this "This is what you wanted. See, you are evil heartless bastards."

I hope that situations like this are always brought to attention, not with each side preparing to fight about it, but that together, it stops happening.

I have a official Birth certficate from SC but the feds insist i do not exist on the national lifeline accountability data base. you know the one that parents register their kids and finger prints incase of a kidnapping.
the IRS sure thinks i was real. they collected taxes for the 20 yrs i was working.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

the IRS sure thinks i was real. they collected taxes for the 20 yrs i was working.

Funny how the IRS has no problem knowing who someone is, while other agencies don’t seem to have a clue..

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ok, so Im a bit confused. If he was born in the US, why does he need to renew US passport to stay? Maybe I missed something? Or is he trying to get a passport to travel outside the US?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

I believe he was trying to renew his passport to travel.

But when Juan, 40, applied to renew his U.S. passport this year,

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The headline should read "individuals suspected of falsifying citizenship denied passports."

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I don't think due process has anything to do with it.

It's like me going to a bar. Bouncer says... I need to see your ID. You don't look old enough. I say I am. Bouncer says, nope. Sorry. You're not getting in without an ID.

Where is the due process there?

Also, I should point out... Brownsville. Anyone from this side of Texas will go... "oh... ok. Brownsville. I get it". You don't even have an inkling of a clue as to what goes on down there. From here... It's a stones throw. It's probably the closest you can get to the border without actually crossing over it. You could spit, and there you are.

Gangs... Cartels... Mexican Troops... Illegals... All crossing that border through that town. Often.

It's probably the deadliest city in Texas. But, I'm just guessing. I'm sure Tex could elaborate more on it since I'm not a native and he is. I only have 8 years under my belt here.
edit on 30-8-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: StallionDuck

Seems like someone would have come up with a marriage website for peeps like her by now.

Find your alien bride and make her legal today with alienhookups.com.

for being a friend

They do, but I think they're all in Russian

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: yuppa

Funny how the IRS has no problem knowing who someone is, while other agencies don’t seem to have a clue..

illegal, work permit, dreamer, citizen... ALL pay taxes. Being illegal in the country doesn't not prevent you from paying taxes. The IRS would not be a good place to prove anything other than that you make money that can be tracked.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wonder if this new regulation just applies to brown people? Shouldn't all birth certificates be in question?

Is it only Hispanics that have fake birth certificates? Probably huh?
edit on 30-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I don't think due process has anything to do with it.

It's like me going to a bar. Bouncer says... I need to see your ID. You don't look old enough. I say I am. Bouncer says, nope. Sorry. You're not getting in without an ID.

Where is the due process there?

Your analogy is incomplete. In this case, the bouncer is being provided with IDs just fine but is asking people of certain demographics for eight additional documents before letting them in. Not only that, but having the police detain them while they try to collect these documents.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
Illegal immigration affects all legal citizens, and this is just another example of it. If there wasn't such an influx of illegal immigrants, and those attempting to lie and cheat to get into the country, this wouldn't be a problem.

I agree with this...who is to blame here... Is it the Government to blame as they try to control 10 to 20 million illegals that the vast majority have stolen identifications of one kind or another, or is it the 10 to 20 million illegals that have stolen identifications of one kind or another?

It is obvious the article was written with a ant-border control agenda. Some questions I have is, how long was someone detained, what was the trigger to identify them? Were they actually illegal here at birth with illegal documents? They might have been detained one day, or they might actually have been illegal all this time, hard to tell with the article.

Some key points...

The government alleges that from the 1950s through the 1990s, some midwives and physicians along the Texas-Mexico border provided U.S. birth certificates to babies who were actually born in Mexico. In a series of federal court cases in the 1990s, several birth attendants admitted to providing fraudulent documents.

Based on those suspicions, the State Department during the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations denied passports to people who were delivered by midwives in Texas’s Rio Grande Valley. The use of midwives is a long-standing tradition in the region, in part because of the cost of hospital care.

edit on 30-8-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Not so. I can give the bouncer my ID and if he feels it's a fake ID, he can not and would not let me in. Matter of fact, they would take the ID and turn it into authorities.

Believe it or not, that actually happened to me when I was 18 (back then it was legal for 18 year olds to drink in louisiana). It took me 3 days to get my ID back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join