It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Citizens are being denied passports and being sent to Detention centers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

lol

So the two former potus had people knocking on doors and taking papers from military veterans?

What kinda sense does it make to claim someone should not be here then take away there means to leave here?

Also what you quote seems highly unconstitutional under any admin.

edit on 30-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: underwerks

The government alleges that from the 1950s through the 1990s, some midwives and physicians along the Texas-Mexico border provided U.S. birth certificates to babies who were actually born in Mexico. In a series of federal court cases in the 1990s, several birth attendants admitted to providing fraudulent documents.

Based on those suspicions, the State Department during the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations denied passports to people who were delivered by midwives in Texas’s Rio Grande Valley. The use of midwives is a long-standing tradition in the region, in part because of the cost of hospital care.

The same midwives who provided fraudulent birth certificates also delivered thousands of babies legally in the United States. It has proved nearly impossible to distinguish between legitimate and illegitimate documents, all of them officially issued by the state of Texas decades ago.

wow, based on this, it's not "the Trump administration" at all, but "the government", unless you want to go into whataboutism and mention the great O and his predecessor G.

I'd say constantly blaming Trump for everything will backfire on you, but knowing it will, I'll just smile and watch you continue to lie as you have been.

Funny response, given how I didn’t blame Trump once in the entire OP.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Tragic. However, I lived in the Brownsville area in the 80s and 90s and this doesn't surprise me.

Everybody wants to jump the administration for the way it's dealing with immigration, but here's the issue as I see it:

The current administration is dealing with decades upon decades of bad, incoherent, poorly thought out and improperly administered immigration policy. It needs to be fixed. I have lived abroad as resident in other countries and have never seen immigration policy like what many in the US seem to think we should have. Just try working in Mexico as an undocumented foreigner or voting in a Mexican election as a noon-citizen.

What we are seeing happen is an over-correction in attempt to bring the system back to normal.

I'm not arguing to justify, just stating what I consider to be the obvious.
:
edit on 2018 8 30 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The government alleges that from the 1950s through the 1990s, some midwives and physicians along the Texas-Mexico border provided U.S. birth certificates to babies who were actually born in Mexico. In a series of federal court cases in the 1990s, several birth attendants admitted to providing fraudulent documents.

Based on those suspicions, the State Department during the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations denied passports to people who were delivered by midwives in Texas’s Rio Grande Valley. The use of midwives is a long-standing tradition in the region, in part because of the cost of hospital care.

The same midwives who provided fraudulent birth certificates also delivered thousands of babies legally in the United States. It has proved nearly impossible to distinguish between legitimate and illegitimate documents, all of them officially issued by the state of Texas decades ago.

wow, based on this, it's not "the Trump administration" at all, but "the government", unless you want to go into whataboutism and mention the great O and his predecessor G.

I'd say constantly blaming Trump for everything will backfire on you, but knowing it will, I'll just smile and watch you continue to lie as you have been.

it was in your OP:

The Trump administration is accusing hundreds, and possibly thousands, of Hispanics along the border of using fraudulent birth certificates since they were babies, and it is undertaking a widespread crackdown.

or was that not your OP?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The government should have cold hard evidence before inconveniencing any citizen.

This sets precedence to strip our rights as citizens further if we allow them to bring the legitimacy of citizenship into question (without evidence).

In this case, even if they proved someone fudged this guys birth certificate, it was done without his knowledge... The fact he put on the uniform and served the country which could have cost him his life makes him more citizen worthy than most.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Tragic. However, I lived in the Brownsville area in the 80s and 90s and this doesn't surprise me.

Everybody wants to jump the administration for the way it's dealing with immigration, but here's the issue as I see it:

The current administration is dealing with decades upon decades of bad, incoherent, poorly thought out and improperly administered immigration policy. It needs to be fixed. I have lived abroad as resident in other countries and have never seen immigration policy like what many in the US seem to think we should have. Just try working in Mexico as an undocumented foreigner or voting in a Mexican election as a noon-citizen.

What we are seeing happen is an over-correction in attempt to bring the system back to normal.

I'm not arguing to justify, just stating what I consider to be the obvious.
:

I agree that it’s an over correction to decades of loose immigration, and that’s the problem I think. Immigration policies aren’t just business policies that can be changed at a whim without affecting real people.

We need to go about this a whole different way in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Link

more quotes:

The "system" is fast and loose and it invites crime

So take away Americans’ freedom to try to get rid of the crime?

I don’t agree with that.

Where did I suggest that ???????

No wonder everything is screwed up !!!!!

💥😎💥

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Link

more quotes:

💥😃💥

I don’t agree with that.

lol

You totally ignored his point and went right to his quote by somehow missing the wall of actual OP News quotes that showed the problem with your OP. That was confusing to say.

Man... Just wow!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

I could not read the link cause i am a broke ass poster. They want a dollar to read. I think you can only read like 10 articles for free then they want you to pay.

However going around and confiscating papers is hitlarian. There has to be a better way.

Clear your cache and it resets your limit.

That's right.. buck the system. Don't need no stinkin rules. Screw that pay wall.

....I can feel the irony in the air to-night. oh lawd...

edit on 30-8-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

it was in your OP:

The Trump administration is accusing hundreds, and possibly thousands, of Hispanics along the border of using fraudulent birth certificates since they were babies, and it is undertaking a widespread crackdown.

or was that not your OP?

Those aren’t my words. I don’t care what administration is running the country at the moment, this is wrong regardless of who you are.

This isn’t in the mud pit, so if all you have are personal attacks please keep them to yourself.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Link

more quotes:

💥😃💥

I don’t agree with that.

lol

You totally ignored his point and went right to his quote by somehow missing the wall of actual OP News quotes that showed the problem with your OP. That was confusing to say.

Man... Just wow!

I didn’t ignore “his” point at all. Just stated that I believe it is wrong to wrongfully lock up Americans and take away their passports to try and attack the illegal immigration problem.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
So you are saying there is no widespread fraud on ID papers at bordertowns ?, most farmworkers have 2 ssn, they work on one and collect unemployment on the 2nd.

A friend of mine's (who is a dreamer) parents have valid SSNs and birthy's and they're 100% illegal. She told me so. But she wouldn't tell me how they got it

But nooo... No such thing. It's impossible. We're killing these people by sending them home! The agony!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
For any admin to call into question without any proof a persons birth certificate is the lowest of low blows.

It is not as if a person can remember the events at the time.

Perhaps they could just begin to better vet the everify system and crack down on immigrants using fake ss numbers and such. This could be done remotely and without having to storm any buildings or houses.

It seems that the social security admin need to get with the times.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So you are saying there is no widespread fraud on ID papers at bordertowns ?, most farmworkers have 2 ssn, they work on one and collect unemployment on the 2nd.

A friend of mine's (who is a dreamer) parents have valid SSNs and birthy's and they're 100% illegal. She told me so. But she wouldn't tell me how they got it

But nooo... No such thing. It's impossible. We're killing these people by sending them home! The agony!

So your one of them illegal alien sympathizers.
jk

People wonder why we have not been visited by aliens but maybe they just researched the word alien on our planet and decided against coming here and being illegal from the start.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I could not read the link cause i am a broke ass poster. They want a dollar to read. I think you can only read like 10 articles for free then they want you to pay.

However going around and confiscating papers is hitlarian. There has to be a better way.

Clear your cache and it resets your limit.

That's right.. buck the system. Don't need no stinkin rules. Screw that pay wall.

....I can feel the irony in the air to-night. oh lawd...

Hmmmm... Walls don’t seem to work, do they?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Funny how there was a mountain of Evidence to show Obama was a fake Mfer from the Get Go up to and including his Aunt or w/e working for the SS office.

This dude has 0 evidence of being fraudulent at all, and is denied a passport?

I hope the Presidents cholesterol levels are above the acceptable levels for heart attack prevention. You're all sick in the head if you agree with this nonsense.

Whaaa Whaaa Illegal Immigrants. I bet half of you are on welfare benefits as you read what I am saying.

Sick country.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

"Sending them home"?! They were already there! They are taking these people from their homes without any proof of their documentation being false.

They are targeting a demographic and throwing them in centers without evidence of wrongdoing. That is fascist terrorism in my eyes.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

This dude has 0 evidence of being fraudulent at all, and is denied a passport?

On top of that, the documents he was asked to provide almost guarantee that he won’t be able to prove his citizenship.

When Juan, the former soldier, received a letter from the State Department telling him it wasn’t convinced that he was a U.S. citizen, it requested a range of obscure documents — evidence of his mother’s prenatal care, his baptismal certificate, rental agreements from when he was a baby. He managed to find some of those documents but weeks later received another denial. In a letter, the government said the information “did not establish your birth in the United States.”

Good luck on finding any of that. I wouldn’t even know where to begin to look for those documents.

link   
America has been invaded by over 10m illegals.
Finding them, unfortunately, is going to mean citizens suffer.
Should have held the invasion back at the border.

link   

So your one of them illegal alien sympathizers.
jk

People wonder why we have not been visited by aliens but maybe they just researched the word alien on our planet and decided against coming here and being illegal from the start.

haha Good possibility.

With her... I look at it this way. She's a dear friend. I knew she was a dreamer some years ago when I met her. Back then, she had confidence she would be able to stay during because of Obama and Daka(sp?). Myself, I'm against illegal immigration but that doesn't mean I'm going to hate her or turn my back on her. Oh, she's definitely a pain in my ass but I have a heart too and I feel for her.

I know she's stuck between a rock and a hard place. She's a dreamer and because of it, she can never leave the country and be allowed back in (without doing it proper, of course, which could take a very long time). She can't collect a tax return but she has to pay taxes. She gets no benefits but again, pays taxes. The worst of it all is... She's a dreamer so she is NOT allowed to apply for citizenship while she's here. She can only leave, apply and then come back only if she makes it.

So I get the struggle and my heart hurts for her.

BUT.... I also believe in following the law. I have to, so should you. She knows this about me and she tries to get me to change my mind and she rages against me when we argue the topic. I tell her... don't bring it up and I wont argue with you. Then, we'll be fine, fun and happy and you wont hate me for a day.

She knows very well where I stand but that doesn't make us enemies. She doesn't want to understand my side of it and I certainly don't want to hear anymore of her side of it because to me it's BS. I'm sorry.. Your parents did this to you. Not my fault. Not yours but you still have to follow the law.

If she gets deported, I will certainly help her gain her citizenship (legally!). I will not marry her so she can get a break. I served my country in multiple ways and I'm damn sure stuck on.. If I have to follow the law, you do too. End of story.

Still, I adore her to death and nothing changes that and likewise but we hate each other's stance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join