It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can be fined or jailed for cursing in Myrtle Beach

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: TheRedneck

I would guess that's the reason for the law: to try and get back some tourism. That is their major economy.

Golly gee- get imprisoned for swearing at Murder Beach. We all know WHY it's called Murder Beach- it's nonstop murders.

Guess the cops are so flimsy and corrupt, they couldn't catch a real criminal unless a donut was hanging around their damn neck.

Why do actual policework when its easier to arrest a person they knew?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: TheRedneck

I would guess that's the reason for the law: to try and get back some tourism. That is their major economy.

Golly gee- get imprisoned for swearing at Murder Beach. We all know WHY it's called Murder Beach- it's nonstop murders.

Guess the cops are so flimsy and corrupt, they couldn't catch a real criminal unless a donut was hanging around their damn neck.

Why do actual policework when its easier to arrest a person they knew?

EXACTLY. Easier to go fetch the poor fool who whacked their finger with a hammer and let fly than chase down a real criminal.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The original concept of free speech, historically speaking, was being able to criticise the government without being being punished for it by imprisonment or even death.

At least until the exact moment you walk into a courtroom, and find out the judge is so crooked, even Satan cries.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

$$$Revenue$$$

In Chicago you are confined $250 if your tire tread looks worn.
edit on 8/31/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/31/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Conservatives oppressing people once again. That's all they do when they aren't bombing people, wasting our tax money or running business scams.

Conservatives oppressing people?
Hmm where do we see the most oppression?
California?
Chicago?
Any Progressive/liberal run city/state?

Conservatives (at least the ones I know) want EVERYONE to be successful, work, bring home good money. The more people who are doing well, economically, the more we all benefit by having less people on the taxpayers dime.
Are you feeling ok?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Someday it'll be like this?

Warning language violations of verbal morality statutes..

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I find this funny because the website we are using doesnt allow curse words. Is ATS also against free speech?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Pretty sure you can get across any message you want without profanity so not sure how it's a free speech issue.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Archaic, outdated Laws goes with the territory here in Myrtle Beach...

the Plantation mentality is still the Driving Force in this coastal area... forever destined to remain some 20 years behind the rest of the 50 States

I just have too many relatives that are woven into the fabric of this tourist town to relocate...
been here off-&-on since 1968, Son & Daughter have families & grand-children & soon-to-be some Great Grandchildren after their kids finish college, here in SC or even Coastal Carolina in MB

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Plantation Mentality? I don't see that as much but it may be due to me living a few miles away in Georgetown.

I am curious as to what you mean though.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I don't know what is more ridiculous the Myrtle Beach profanity law or the "drinking straws banned" in Seattle. Both are attempts by the government to micromanage our lives.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: St Udio

Plantation Mentality? I don't see that as much but it may be due to me living a few miles away in Georgetown.

I am curious as to what you mean though.

Yeah, me too. What is the plantation mentality and how does it apply to this goofy law?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

plantation vs modern era = examples that are available to you for research are the comparison between presently aired TV cop shows …...

look at a show story like the NYPD special victims unit TV series.... then watch a episode of In The Heat of The Night… the Shows are glaring examples of the contrast I point out

the good-old-boys structure is not hard to discern in PDs or in Restaurants or just any other societal function in progress, the shelters/ methadone clinics/ the worker underclass/ bussed in motel maids....

if you can't see 'it' then I would be wasting my time pointing to the many examples of a decayed and still collapsing Plantation system upon which most of Beach operates under (much of the old established 'money' comes from inland Families, say from Florence, that teamed up with the Burroughs & Chapin faction at the Beach...think about the upstart Jenretts' who tried to buck the system in-the=past

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
a reply to: pointessa

plantation vs modern era = examples that are available to you for research are the comparison between presently aired TV cop shows …...

look at a show story like the NYPD special victims unit TV series.... then watch a episode of In The Heat of The Night… the Shows are glaring examples of the contrast I point out

the good-old-boys structure is not hard to discern in PDs or in Restaurants or just any other societal function in progress, the shelters/ methadone clinics/ the worker underclass/ bussed in motel maids....

if you can't see 'it' then I would be wasting my time pointing to the many examples of a decayed and still collapsing Plantation system upon which most of Beach operates under (much of the old established 'money' comes from inland Families, say from Florence, that teamed up with the Burroughs & Chapin faction at the Beach...think about the upstart Jenretts' who tried to buck the system in-the=past

OK.....
I see where you are going, but think for a moment.
What policies make this possible? Where does it stem from?
Racism or Government?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join