It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decent scifi tv series defiance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Expanse is probably the best scifi show ever made.

Babylon 5 is a close 2nd.

I do enjoy the guilty pleasure of Star Trek Discovery as well.

Alright binged watched it all and it was OK, not horrible but nothing great for sure.

So now I will give Expanse a try. thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I liked the show. It was pretty formulaic, but a neat premise, and the visuals were nice. Had some great characters once it got going, but yeah, the first few episodes were a little clumsy. It quickly grew into a good show though.

Oddly, the only actors on it that I've met in person are those that played the elf-like race on the show. The guys were actually very comedic, and Jaime Murray....well. Just.....amazing. I mean....amazing. That accent. I told her, "I bet you sound amazing just reading the phone book..." She replied, without missing a beat, "Oh? thank you...do you have one?" she's just funny like that.

Most sci-fi shows, a lot of the folks go to Conventions, so get to meet them there.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There was a recent thread that mentioned The Expanse. This ain't it, obviously, but it's a good enough thread to say what I need to say. I checked my history and couldn't seem to see that thread. A little bit of a bummer as I'd like to thank the dude for turning me on to The Expanse.

Kinda sorta like Firefly in it's scope and story line. Actually, it's really a LOT like Firefly. Loads of similarities but not a rip-off, I'd think, as The Expanse comes from books and Firefly, not so much. Different sources and all makes a difference.

I'm late to the show but three seasons in I'm enjoying it. I dig all the dialects the characters have, from all over. Such a more diverse and entertaining society even with it's problems. The "real" world in the show has it's problems but on a ship, none of that matters, MOSTLY, as it's all about performance. That crew is your family as space, well, is kinda sorta dangerous to be out there.

<< 1   >>

join