It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higgs Boson decay opens new doors for particle physics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Thanks for the links.

Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
This might be a stupid question but……

I wonder-if the Highs field is able to give particles mass then is this the same as applying a spirit to a physical body...?

Through manipulation of the Highs field will scientists be able to apply spirits to bodies..? Maybe even bring people back to life...?

I think there is a prophecy that the dead would rise from their graves....

Sorry, I do not think so. The Higgs-field itself is more or less the layman's term so we can "understand" the kids version of the Higgs mechanism.

It has neither magical features like "raising dead", nor has it anything to do with souls/spirits.

It is a mere mathematical "trick" to have a better view on this whole gravity-theory-thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: lostbook
This might be a stupid question but……

I wonder-if the Highs field is able to give particles mass then is this the same as applying a spirit to a physical body...?

Through manipulation of the Highs field will scientists be able to apply spirits to bodies..? Maybe even bring people back to life...?

I think there is a prophecy that the dead would rise from their graves....

Sorry, I do not think so. The Higgs-field itself is more or less the layman's term so we can "understand" the kids version of the Higgs mechanism.

It has neither magical features like "raising dead", nor has it anything to do with souls/spirits.

It is a mere mathematical "trick" to have a better view on this whole gravity-theory-thing.

Yeah, I know it's a bit of a stretch but it's a fascinating concept...an energy field which gives mass to particles...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Higgs particle was originally discovered in 1959 - five years before Peter Higgs proposed that the particle existed. The full story is summarised in news item #9 here.
Quarks were described by the same means even earlier - as long ago as 1895. The amazing story is reported here. It was made the topic of three books, with introductions by a Fellow of the Royal Society, an Indian Minister of Science and an associate director of an Indian atomic research institute.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join