It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody's Lying — FBI Denies Evidence of Chinese Hacking Found on Clinton Email Server

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The story/would be story was broken by Richard Pollock at Daily Caller:

SOURCES: China Hacked Hillary Clinton’s Private Email Server

A Chinese-owned company operating in the Washington, D.C., area hacked Hillary Clinton’s private server throughout her term as secretary of state and obtained nearly all her emails, two sources briefed on the matter told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

The two sources are identified thus:

a former intelligence officer with expertise in cybersecurity issues, who was briefed on the matter

A government staff official who’s been briefed on the ICIG’s

The claim is that it was discovered that emails from the Clinton email server were being transparently carbon copied to a Chinese state-linked firm. Furthermore, two names are named by the one source along with an approximate date for the alleged discovery:

Two officials with the ICIG, investigator Frank Rucker and attorney Janette McMillan, met repeatedly with FBI officials to warn them of the Chinese intrusion

The former intelligence officer TheDCNF spoke with said the ICIG “discovered the anomaly pretty early in 2015.”

The story was picked up by Fox:

Chinese company reportedly hacked Clinton's server, got copy of every email in real-time

They claimed confirmation:

A source briefed on the matter confirmed to Fox News the details of the Caller’s reporting, and said that the ICIG was so concerned by the revelation that officials drove over to the FBI to inform agents -- including anti-Trump agent Peter Strzok -- of the development after it was discovered via the emails' metadata.

The claims were also reported on the air by Tucker Carlson (owner of the DC) and I'm sure others at Fox and repeated by a multitude of other sources. And of course Trump tweeted about it (twice):

Hillary Clinton’s Emails, many of which are Classified Information, got hacked by China. Next move better be by the FBI & DOJ or, after all of their other missteps (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Ohr, FISA, Dirty Dossier etc.), their credibility will be forever gone!

12:11 AM - Aug 29, 2018

Report just out: “China hacked Hillary Clinton’s private Email Server.” Are they sure it wasn’t Russia (just kidding!)? What are the odds that the FBI and DOJ are right on top of this? Actually, a very big story. Much classified information!

9:16 PM - Aug 28, 2018

Now these claims are being rebutted. First in a statement to NBC News:

FBI rejects fringe report, promoted by Trump, that China hacked Hillary Clinton's emails

The FBI on Wednesday pushed back against a right-wing report that had been promoted by President Donald Trump only hours earlier. The story claimed that a Chinese-owned firm operating in Virginia had hacked a private email server owned by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

"The FBI has not found any evidence the (Clinton) servers were compromised," a bureau official told NBC News.

This statement comes from an unnamed FBI official but it's characterized as an "FBI statement" in various outlets. CNN similarly is reporting push back from the FBI:

FBI official pushes back on Trump-spread claim that Chinese firm hacked Clinton emails

Washington (CNN) An FBI official said Wednesday the bureau has not found any evidence to back up a claim made by a conservative news organization and spread by President Donald Trump that Hillary Clinton's private email server was hacked by a Chinese-owned company.

"The FBI has not found any evidence the servers were compromised," the official told CNN and other media outlets Wednesday.

Same statement from WaPo:

FBI pushes back on unfounded Trump claim that China hacked Hillary Clinton’s email

Asked about the president’s assertions, the FBI provided a statement Wednesday afternoon that simply said: “The FBI has not found any evidence the servers were compromised.”

It should also be noted that a similar story appeared on Fox News (Brett Baier) the week of the presidential election, claiming that sources with knowledge of the FBI investigation blah blah asserted that up to 5 foreign countries had hacked the Clinton email server(s). That ended up being walked back a day later and we heard no more of it.

So what's going on? Clearly, somebody's lying. Let's recap what we know.

The NBC story also states:

In pushing back on the Daily Caller's story, however, the FBI on Wednesday pointed to its own report, issued by the Justice Department Inspector General in June. That report said the "FBI investigation and its forensic analysis did not find evidence that Clinton's email server systems were compromised."

So the DOJ IG's report says no such evidence was found. The FBI is denying the claims. And none of this has come out in any of the congressional testimony except that back in July, Rep. Louis Gohmert first mentions this ICIG report and the claims back in July. Clearly even Fox and DC don't take Gohmert seriously enough that this was a big deal in July:

The Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) found that virtually all of Clinton’s emails were sent to a “foreign entity,” Rep. Louie Gohmert, a Texas Republican, said at a July 12 House Committee on the Judiciary hearing. He did not reveal the entity’s identity, but said it was unrelated to Russia.

So where's this ICIG report? Why does it seem that Gohmert is the only named person to have seen it?

Finally, I have found no comments attributed to either of the two named people in the DC story but it would seem that either could clear this up.

Somebody's lying — but who?

edit on 2018-8-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Considering the FBI credibility...

I think you know who I'm believing.

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm with vinifalou. The FBI, hereafter known as the Federal Bull**** Institute, has zero credibility with me.

Actually, the whole damn federal government has lost credibility with me. As long as Hillary walks free, I don't trust anything that comes out of DOJ, FBI or any of their minion agencies, or from any of their minion agents.
:
edit on 2018 8 29 by incoserv because: I could.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The FBI didn't say it wasn't true, they just said they didn't find evidence of it.

So, I imagine it's probably true and the brass at the FBI are a bunch of idiots.

Partisan idiots.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
But I thought unnamed sources were a sure sign of fake news?

“When you see ‘anonymous sources,’ stop reading the story, it is fiction,” President Donald Trump is advising Americans.
www.cnsnews.com...

The source told Fox News the hack was from a Chinese company, describing it as a front for Chinese intelligence.
www.foxnews.com...
edit on 8/29/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
“What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening,” - Donald Trump, President of the United States.

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” - George Orwell 1984

And it’s working.

You know, I never realized how much I loved this country until Trump and people like him decided to take pleasure in destroying what was left of it. Every lie, every misdirection, every half truth, takes us that much farther down the road that ends in 1984. And people applaud it like it’s something to be proud of.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Sad but true.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Can you lay it on any thicker?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Can you lay it on any thicker?

Than Trump?

I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You guys act as if the sky is falling, you should get out of your bubble.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Might be a clever ploy by a paid PR company hired by the DNC to make people automatically think its false.

Great strategy for covering up something real in plain sight.

Just look at all those "conspiracies" from a few short years ago have come true.

Dozens. And they tried covering up those in the same way (at the time).

💥Sun😃Burn💥

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good thread.

Yeah I dont know who is telling the truth.

I will admit that the specificity of the claims in the Daily caller article I read were pretty detailed.

Two officials with the ICIG, investigator Frank Rucker and attorney Janette McMillan, met repeatedly with FBI officials to warn them of the Chinese intrusion, according to a former intelligence officer with expertise in cybersecurity issues, who was briefed on the matter. He spoke anonymously, as he was not authorized to publicly address the Chinese’s role with Clinton’s server.

dailycaller.com...

So if this source lied to the daily caller, to use actual names of people you are claiming had a meeting that never happened would be pretty bold.

I guess we need to find out what Rucker and McMillian say about this.

But as of now, who knows which side is telling the truth.

I like others, have a bias because of the FBI's behavior in these investigations.

But If I am honest I have to say either side (or even both to a degree) could be lying.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just pull their funding and be done with them.

Seriously: What has the FBI done for any of us? EVER??

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

When the words of the President of the United States almost exactly match the words from one of the greatest dystopian novels of all time I think it’s time everyone stood up and took notice. Especially when he’s putting them into action and turning people like you into liars every time you defend him.

You realize this is Trump believing news media and anonymous sources over his own intelligence advisors, right? Why is that ok here?

edit on 29-8-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Considering the FBI rep, doubtful.

Of course they're rebuke those reports, its shows incompetence.

Considering the recent revelation of a Navy contractor who was hacked by Chinese gov sponsored orgs, a yuuge one at that, anything involving Chinese is saving face for the reality that we're a being hacked by them.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Just pull their funding and be done with them.

Seriously: What has the FBI done for any of us? EVER??

I think ice does more. But The FBI thwarts attacks without saying anything aftetwards.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

When the words of the President of the United States almost exactly match the words from one of the greatest dystopian novels of all time I think it’s time everyone stood up and took notice. Especially when he’s putting them into action and turning people like you into liars every time you defend him.

You realize this is Trump believing news media and anonymous sources over his own intelligence advisors, right? Why is that ok here?

Werent you just on ante's other thread making fun of trump fro fear mongering?

Yet here you go with it yourself.

I defend trump; I am not a liar, at least anymore than the average person.

I feel you are over generalizing and being hyperbolic with claims of this being out of a dystopian novel.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I thought the FBI didn't inspect the servers.
Am I mistaken?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Am I mistaken?

Different servers.

This story is about hillary personal server.

The server the fbi didnt investigate was the DNC server that the russians supposedly hacked.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Am I mistaken?

Different servers.

This story is about hillary personal server.

The server the fbi didnt investigate was the DNC server that the russians supposedly hacked.

Ah. Thank you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join