It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN hilarious again! After getting caught in lies chastizes trump that they dont lie

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

it seems part of the problem is how fast people expect information. on the internet, information transfers quickly. what use to take days to make the newspaper now takes seconds. main stream news had to keep up..... or at least try and keep up. so over time they began to do less fact checking and more apologizing if a story they post is inaccurate. at first it was odd when a news agency said i'm sorry, but now it is almost expected. how else can they keep up with the world events?

a second part of the problem is main stream news is using twitter and facebook screen captures in their news articles. any celebrity, politician, artist, or john q. public, can post on twitter, and sites like yahoo will pick it up and make a story around it. more and more "news" articles are nothing but re-tweets from around the web. no fact checking at all. instead they push for the website visits and "thumbs up" when they should be digging for the truth.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Lumenari

I refer to them as the Counterfeit News Network.

Well, at least you still have fox news to vindicate your feeble minded perception of reality...

CNN is a complete joke and they did it to themselves.

Did what to themselves exactly?

All they've done as far as I can tell, is totally triggered a few senior citizen Trump worshippers.

Thing is though, the usual people who claim CNN is "fake news" could literally be defined as the definition of 'hypocrisy' in a dictionary.

These people are generally the first ones to see a headline they agree with, from some (apparent) news article, then claim its an infallible fact, without even reading in past a few sentences of the actual article... let alone actually researching the claims for themselves.

That's what really does my head in... its not that people are calling out CNN's obvious bias against Trump... its the blatant hypocrisy of the same people who seem to get so damn triggered by it.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Lumenari

I refer to them as the Counterfeit News Network.

Well, at least you still have fox news to vindicate your feeble minded perception of reality...

CNN lied, no comment on that?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

" and trump just goes after them to continue his war on blacks " .....

Yes , and President Trump will not Stop Until Every Afro American in this Country has a Good Paying Job and Disposable Income in their Pockets because he just Hates them Soooo Much ......Racist My Arse !

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
CNN is a joke, who watches them intentionally anymore?
The same people who believe npr is unbiased, that’s who.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Fox news is the same crap yet Donald Trump follows them and tweets out their nonsense hours after it airs. So which one is fake news? IMO there is fake news and real news on both sides it's just getting harder and harder to decipher and and figure out what's real and what's not.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

You have gotten so many stars and flags from me it's absurd. Keep going man.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
People tend to associate CNN with 'the left' and the Dems. So when CNN is so openly pathetic day after day, day in and day out, people start to think 'the left' and the Dems are just as pathetic. Which in some ways I guess they are but the point is that CNN are directly responsible for the massive, massive drop in Democrat support and in the 'leftist' movement as a whole.

They're the very definition of faux outrage and a blatant population controlling leftist-propaganda outlet.

The stories they focus on are mind numbingly trivial meanwhile actual events are taking place and not being reported on. How many CNN viewers know there was a muslim training kids for school shootings in the New Mexican desert?

Fox news? No better. Just it's on the other 'side'.

edit on 31 8 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Fake news is when your own source says it's a lie you continue to say it's real to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Did what to themselves exactly?

Enabled their self-made drop down the toilet .
Any more questions I can answer for you ?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Throwing stones from a glass house there bringing up being triggered.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think CNN is typical of mainstream media which are but propaganda machines for the elite. It might lie to some degree, but mostly it spins — the way it states thing and how often it says them affects the way its viewers perceive them. But the other tricks it uses to form public opinion are probably more damaging, such as misdirection, obfuscation, and omission. Of these, omission is perhaps the worst. For example, simply don't report an event to minimize public awareness of it. For example, when Bernie Sanders decided to run for the presidency in 2016, mainstream media downplayed his efforts. Rarely did it mention him at all until the Democratic Primaries when Bernie could no longer be ignored. Out of sight, out of mind. If this forum wants to debates media lies, I suggest we take a hard look at Fox News. It provides the benchmark for mainstream media.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks for laugh and reinforcing just how demented rwnj’s are.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
American mainstream media as a whole is horrible. Once ratings became more important than the news, it started to go downhill.

CNN lies, or at least obfuscates the truth, on a regular basis. FOX does the exact same thing. There was a moment not that long ago where a reporter (Hannity I think) got corrected live, on air, and made to recant what he had just said, showing that he was lying.

Make no mistake, this is not me saying FOX is worse than CNN. OR that FOX is better than CNN. They're both garbage, and the vast majority of what they report is opinion, not fact. Therefore, they aren't news stations, because the news isn't opinion.

Anyone who uses either of them as their main source of news is making a mistake, and should find neutral sources.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS]

Lol

edit on 8312018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Trump lies twenty times a day and twice as much on Sunday.
Do you have any comment on that?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Oaktree

NPR the most respected news organization out there.

I know Daily Caller and Gateway Pundit are the leaders right?

That's like laughing at someone's Harvard education.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Media bias chart: www.adfontesmedia.com...

Least biased news sources: mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Both of those are pretty good representations of the media in 2018.

You'll notice in the 2nd link that Associated Press and Reuters are both on the list, and they're both at the top of the chart in the 1st link as well.

Pretty good neutral news sources.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am older than dirt. As such, I recall when CNN first went on the air. I also remember when they had the only team in Bagdad and reported from there live during the first bombing campaign. I also recall when CNN had time slots for different parts of the news cycle, and kept the stories very agnostic-ally reported.

Those were the days.

Fast forward to today. Integrity in the news business is a thing of the past. They don't care. All they want, is to be THE story, that one, that takes Trump down. And, to do so, they are willing to print up every nut job "lead" that an "anonymous source" has provided to them. Just keep hurling jello at the wall and hope to whatever God they may worship, that something, ANYTHING sticks.

These people go to a bar. One says that they "heard" this about Trump. "TELL US MORE MR. ANONYMOUS!!!!"

And as long as the click bait is generating web traffic, the Editors will stand back and let it happen. MONEY.

Great reporting Grambler!!

Fred..

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Oaktree

NPR the most respected news organization out there.

I know Daily Caller and Gateway Pundit are the leaders right?

That's like laughing at someone's Harvard education.

I'm sorry, but I work on a college campus, and I know PLENTY of professors with Harvard Dr degrees who are some of the looniest and stupidest people I have ever met. So, I laugh at Harvard educations on a daily basis. As a Penn State grad, watching these idiots is worth all the BS I have to deal with daily.

NPR is only "respected" by the 10 or so people still listening to them, and those folks are in the exact same boat that I described above.

Idiots with more paper on the walls than common sense in the brains.

Fred..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join