It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT??? Judge dismisses all charges against 3 'extremist Muslim' New Mexico compound suspects

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well, since we are into the realms of spurious speculation automatically (given that we have no access to the evidence that the prosecutor actually had on the trio, and the fact that the location was bulldozed), lets really get into the weeds, eh?

Lets look at what we know.

1) Despite the importance of maintaining an uncompromised crime scene, the location in question has been bulldozed.

2) Despite the apparent discovery of the corpse of a minor, the article revolves around the terror training aspect, not the potential for a murder inquiry, which is fundamentally stupid, since its a damned sight easier to prove murder than it is some conspiracy to commit terror offences.

3) The bail was set low, and the charges dropped, on a technicality that I have never heard of being used before, and its worth pointing out that people accused of far less, have had bail conditions much larger.

Something here, as others have pointed out, is fishy.

However, in order for things to have shaken out this way, one has to wonder who got to the judge, and what clout they had. You see, the judges actions do not make any sense from the perspective of a seeker of justice. If something has been concocted, a plan to train school shooters, or anything of the sort, no judge is going to actively seek a way to make it easier for the defendants in the case to wriggle free of the net which ought to encircle them. The only exception to that, would be if the judge were to be under the thumb of someone with an awful lot of power, or rather, an organisation with an awful lot of power, and not just power in terms of financial clout, like many organisations. I mean the power to change things for a person in a heart beat, in a moment, without any delay, and in a big way.

Of course, given that, you have to assume the organisation concerned has some interest in keeping the details of what was going on there under wraps, and if that is the case, you have to also wonder what they gain from keeping those details under wraps. You also have to consider the likely identity of that organisation. There is one organisation that stands out as having a long history of sponsoring terrorism, paying its own enemies to present a threat, in order to make certain aspects of industry more lucrative, as well as other effects that has on society. That organisation, of course, is the United States government, and its various appendages, including the State Department, the CIA and NSA, and various individuals and factions within the political arm of the government, including all those in government who have any interest in how their stock portfolio looks.

This would not be the first instance of the US government trying to hide its involvement with terrorism either. So, given certain assumptions, you have to entertain the chance that the reason the place was bulldozed, is to prevent evidence linking the US government to the compound, from cropping up in investigations linked to the criminal case against the trio. Think about it. There is no protest group, no religious entity, no mere financial entity, that can cause people accused of programming kids to kill other kids, to be given weak bail conditions, then have serious charges of terrorism just dropped over a ten day overrun. There are people in US controlled blacksites and the like even now, who never even HAD a trial, but will never see daylight again, so the idea that the US judicial system, or any facet thereof, would allow these three to get off with these charges unanswered, without interference from a higher power than their own, is lunacy.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Fools

It is the prosecution that failed, the judge followed the law. If he didn't any conviction would have been overturned.

Yes, I agree. The bulldozing of the compound is very odd though. I bet the PA gets voted out next election cycle for this - then again this is New Mexico and it is a strange place politically. Maybe the PA's are appointed? I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yea i found nothing on the middle east travel trailer compounds.

I am interested in details of the children saying they were being trained.

I heard the reports but never anything with details about that.

Seems like something the prosecution would have brought forth in the abuse charges.

Dude why don't you do some searching its easy to find...stop posting here for a bit go read a few articles then come back and have an intelligent conversation instead of looking trollish by going against obvious reports and facts.....

In court filings this week, prosecutors allege:

• One of the rescued children told a foster parent the suspects "trained the child in the use of an assault rifle in preparation for future school shootings."

If you don't think thats evidence then perhaps you should go represent the alleged terrorists because the prosecuter seems to think that it is.

SOURCE

No child uses words in that order. I find the statement to be suspicious. That's why i asked for more sources. So the fact as presented that one child out of 5 or 6 there made this claim obviously being questioned in some form by an official.

That is not a training camp but somehow most of you just accept whatever direction the media pushes you then ridicule other members for wanting more information.

So the case again is not my research efforts but the actual reporting and that is why i asked if anyone else had some better info concerning the children training compound. It is media hyperbole.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

If there is evidence they intended to train extremists for school shootings, however, that is a crime. My question is where on Earth did the allegations come from if not true? They very well could be unfounded, I fully acknowledge that. But it appears here the prosecution dropped the ball for some reason unknown to the rest of us. And much along the lines of destroying the crime scene I would like to understand why

According to the link provided by another member there was one child out of 5 or 6 that claimed anything about shooting a school. So that does not equate a terrorist training camp. No way to really know if any of it is true cause the words were not a quote but someones summery of a child's words.

ETA as far as preserving the scene there is more than one way these days. The badgers wanted them gone for many months and it is there property and since they were the ones going to the sheriff i do not see a problem with them dozing over the place. Likely all evidence was boxed and taken by the police and the rest is under the ground now.

edit on 30-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
More evidence that a huge revolt is needed. I vote to bring out the guillotines! Obviously the government's are corrupt to the core.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Two reasons the prosecutors office dropped the ball:

The area between Taos and Raton, New Mexico has a high concentration of Muslims living in a rural area. Additionally, there are a large number of various intentional communities ---communes, ashrams, retreat centers, survivalist enclaves, etc. Muslims and commune dwellers make up a large portion of the voters there. The prosecutor was afraid of antagonizing the people who will be voting in a few months.

Second, the FBI and rest of the deep state do not want to supply a narrative that "Trump was right" about the Muslims in our midst; just like they cover up crimes committed by illegal aliens; or else... "trump was right."

So they drop this prosecution and start over. Since they didn't correctly charge the suspects, it won't be double jeopardy to re-arrest them and start over at page one. It will just move the news story until "after the fall elections."

Can't say terrorist right before the 2018 elections.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What RINOs do to the justice system:

Susana Martinez, (born July 14, 1959, in El Paso, Texas) is the 31st and current Governor of New Mexico. Martinez, a Republican, first won election on November 2, 2010, defeating former Lieutenant Governor Diane Denish (D) with 53.3 percent of the vote. Martinez is New Mexico's first female governor as well as the nation's first female Hispanic governor.

Martinez was a Democrat until 1995, when she switched to the Republican Party

--->

Emilio Chávez is a judge of the Eighth Judicial District Court in New Mexico. He was appointed by Republican Governor Susana Martinez on July 14, 2015, effective August 3.[2] He ran unopposed for election in 2016.

------>

District Judge Emilio Chavez on Wednesday dismissed charges 3 'extremist Muslim' New Mexico compound suspects released

And knowing is half the battle. GI JOE

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

O.k. I can't get the copy thing to work.

Here's the deal. You get arrested on charges and you have to go (this is Texas BTW), before a "Probable Cause" judge who's job it is is to review testimony and evidence presented to substantiate the charges. If sufficient probable cause is found, then bail is set. Typically, there's a probable cause affidavit that's filed after the arrest that is submitted to substantiate the charges. Remember: this is all "Pre-Indictment", i.e., before the case is taken before the Government's Grand Jury who's job is to rubber stamp the Prosecution's findings and render an indictment according to the Prosecution recommendations.

I'm unaware of any ten day requirement in Texas; but..........bail is set and then the defendant has to sweat the Indictment phase.

In the New Mexico case, the Cops/DA's office can always "recharge", re-arrest if necessary and then produce the evidence to support probable cause.

Note however that charges pending concerning the death of a 3 year old are still pending, so I seriously doubt that they've been released from jail.

My conclusion?

First, this was a very poorly written story.
Second, I'd suspect the Prosecutors abandoned the Child Abuse charges in favor of a Murder Charge (or Manslaughter) charge as filed on Friday for the death of the 3 year old. Why? Because if they've got sufficient evidence on the death case, the child abuse charges are actually a lesser included offense.

The quality of writing news stories really sucks these days and its obvious that for whatever reason, the "Authorities" go out of their way to sand bag the media!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised at all if these folks turned out to be critical moles in a cell, and they dropped the charges they could to take potential attention away from that. If you're infiltrating something to bring it down, you really don't want to risk scattering the cockroaches into the woodwork before you make a single move.

However, you can't just drop the whole dead kid part and expect it to go away, that one has solid public attention.

But as Phage has pointed out, deadlines can be missed genuinely, too. It's just as plausible it was legitimate errors in procedures, IMO, as it is plausible they'd been ratting out a cell.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This pile of mishandled evidence looks alot like a false flag in the making in the right light...

We have a dead handicap child!...
Let's start there.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Its so crazy how ppl are defending the prosecuters on here like # happens and they just didnt get whatever they had to get in on time. That on top of destroying a crime scene a body was found on so soon and the low bail and they still talk like # happens and theres not a hidden agenda behind it. People are either nieve and stupid or that liberal that they wanna defend what these ppl did. I have had several misdanenors and they got all my paperwork in on time everytime and you dont think this was high priority if it were a real case? Smdh. Someone behind the scene is letting these ppl off cause they got caught by local police who had no idea what the feds were planning. This is unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So wrong

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

When the law fails its game over? Thats a new one.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Judge dismisses all charges against 3 'extremist Muslim' New Mexico compound suspects

"Extremist Muslims." Quite an incendiary and fake news headline. I think if forgets to include "alleged" and "suspected," since there's been no conviction under US courts.

But that's cool, right, since it's about alleged " Muslim extremists," I suppose.

Perhaps the prosecution should have been more timely in accordance with law?

Judge Emilio Chavez said that he had no choice but to release the three defendants, Lucas Morton, Hujrah Wahhaj and Subhannah A. Wahhaj, because the office of District Attorney Donald Gallegos failed to schedule a court hearing to prove they had probable cause for their arrest within 10 days, as state rules stipulate, according to court representatives and defense lawyers.
Wapo

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Why are they not up on federal charges?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Uh the smell of a rotting child should be probable cause enough.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It is getting so looney and corrupt.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Sigh, justice is whatever suits the system it seems....

Mind you how a preacher known for hate speech still gets to 'tout his wares' with no recourse makes me sick..

Free speech, really....Depends what your cause is...

This agenda to encourage the spread of RADICAL Islam seems to have no end in sight, you even have parents complaining that faith schools are bringing in 'guest' speakers who are venting what they call evil but they get nowhere with the schools because there's enough support from other radical parents and governors to keep it happening. I'm not a big fan of these schools as I feel they isolate the children which can be seen after school where the kids are not allowed to play with Non Muslim kids but if the school is just teaching religion as well as other Western Ideal subjects then there's a part for them in accordance with other religions..

The shame is as seen in this case the radicals get a free card even if they have a known flight risk and no matter who their contacts are, we still seem to be bending over backwards to help these backwards terrorists..

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
Our justice system is rotten to the core.

They JUST found out this week or last they were planning an attack in Atlanta

This judge needs to be investigated and removed from their position, and they need to do a THOROUGH investigation of law enforcement in that area.

Why is no one reading the article???

ONE:
Prosecutors had 10 days to have a simple hearing on the evidence.
Demonstrate probable cause with evidence.
This is a strict rule to prevent holding people in jail with no evidence indefinitely.
Prosecutors FAILED TO SCHEDULE THAT HEARING.

ruling that authorities violated the state’s “10-day rule.”

Child abuse charges against them were dropped because prosecutors missed the 10-day limit for an evidentiary hearing to establish probable cause.

Chavez said Wednesday that it was a very difficult decision to drop the charges but the rule left him with no option.

TWO
Not all the charges were dropped
Murder Charges Remain
Child Abuse Charges were dropped and still be brought, but must be via grand jury now if Prosecutors want to proceed.

However, charges leveled against them on Friday, in connection to the death of a missing 3-year-old boy, remained.

Siraj Ibn Wahhaj, the boy's father, and Leveille were charged with abuse of a child resulting in the death of a child and conspiracy to commit abuse of a child, Taos County Sheriff Jerry Hogrefe announced

Folks should READ.

edit on 31-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

Uh the smell of a rotting child should be probable cause enough.

They didn't drop murder charges. (read Op article)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join