It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT??? Judge dismisses all charges against 3 'extremist Muslim' New Mexico compound suspects

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Failing to understand this but they are blaming it on the prosecution taking too long....

A New Mexico judge dismissed all charges against three suspects tied to a compound where alleged Muslim extremists reportedly trained children to be school shooters.

District Judge Emilio Chavez on Wednesday dismissed charges against three of the five defendants, ruling that authorities violated the state’s “10-day rule.”

Child abuse charges against Lucas Morton, Subhannah Wahhaj and Hujrah Wahhaj were dropped because prosecutors missed the 10-day limit for an evidentiary hearing to establish probable cause.

This is insane!

www.foxnews.com...

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Didnt one of these guys get recorded telling his mother on the jail phone "not to worry" " this was all for the cameras"?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Some call it justice.

I agree it is quite hard to understand why the prosecution would not present a case.

Perhaps there was much media hyperbole involved in all those unconfirmed reports.

It does not take much to create outrage and both truth and lies can do the trick these days.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Our justice system is rotten to the core.

They JUST found out this week or last they were planning an attack in Atlanta

This judge needs to be investigated and removed from their position, and they need to do a THOROUGH investigation of law enforcement in that area.

This whole thing has stunk from he beginning, from setting their bail so low, to destroying the evidence within days of their arrest.

This is an actual REAL issue right now and the media needs to be all over this.

+35 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What about the dead child they found on the property?
They already demolished the compound.
It stinks of a cover up.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Well charges against some of the men still are being applied.

But this whole story is fishy.

The facts surrounding the compound, the connections to an imam who is famous in new york and was accused of being involved in the original WTC bombing, the judge leaving the men out with basically no money paid for bail, the cops (or fbi cant remember) bulldozing the crime scene, and now this.

Something is going on here.

+10 more 
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Some call it justice.

I agree it is quite hard to understand why the prosecution would not present a case.

Perhaps there was much media hyperbole involved in all those unconfirmed reports.

It does not take much to create outrage and both truth and lies can do the trick these days.

They found remains of a kidnapped child on the property....not sure how something like this can just be dismissed.

Only thing I can think of is the prosecution was working to get this swept under the rug.

This is sick.

+12 more 
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

There was plenty of evidence, they found a dead kids fking body in that compound, amongst everything else.

That alone should keep them in jail.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

There was plenty of evidence, they found a dead kids fking body in that compound, amongst everything else.

Terrorist - "Hey man ! I was just here for the Terrorist training ; I don't know anything about dead kids ! "

State Prosecutor - "Alright'y then, get out of here you's... And I better not catch you cherry-bombing mailboxes again !"

I think it's all clearly on the up & up.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
When the "justice" system fails, Americans must seek justice on their own.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

sure is hard to provide evidence when ya plow it allvunder straight away huh?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
When the "justice" system fails, Americans must seek justice on their own.

My guess....these people will have left the country within 24 hrs.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

District Judge Emilio Chavez on Wednesday dismissed charges against three of the five defendants, ruling that authorities violated the state’s “10-day rule.”
Child abuse charges against Lucas Morton, Subhannah Wahhaj and Hujrah Wahhaj were dropped because prosecutors missed the 10-day limit for an evidentiary hearing to establish probable cause.

this is insane.

first though lets address the well, its the law.
the law is the law.
we hear that all the time on here from both sides.

it think this is some craziness that we can all agree is bull#. dont matter which side of which aisle we fall on.

having said that is this was a thread about a different issue, one that some/half would support we would be hearing that from that crowd.

dont know what to tell you. the law is the law

to that i say this is a great example of why just cause some # is the law does not make it right or just.

we can all agree on that i think

and next i wonder in a case like this why would the prosecution not get their # together???

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My guess is they wind up in Guantonimo under patriot act with no access to a jury or lawyer.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The Deep State wants you to look the other way..... they don't train school shooters
edit on 29-8-2018 by manuelram16 because: sp

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

this is insane.

first though lets address the well, its the law.
the law is the law.
we hear that all the time on here from both sides.

it think this is some craziness that we can all agree is bull#. dont matter which side of which aisle we fall on.

having said that is this was a thread about a different issue, one that some/half would support we would be hearing that from that crowd.

dont know what to tell you. the law is the law

to that i say this is a great example of why just cause some # is the law does not make it right or just.

we can all agree on that i think

and next i wonder in a case like this why would the prosecution not get their # together???

I cant imagine any good reason a prosecutors office could have for not submitting evidence in time for a case like this.

Dead child, terrorist links, terrorist training for school shootings...

They are either the most ignorant prosecutors in recent history or they were working for the ones they were hired to prosecute.

They should be disbarred for this.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
My guess is they wind up in Guantonimo under patriot act with no access to a jury or lawyer.

Ideally that would be the case....

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Know the judge?

There isn't much to know:

ballotpedia.org...

Then again, here is the problem - if the law is the law and the prosecuting attorney's office isn't following the law then things like this happen. I do not like it at all, but this sort of thing happens when you have "sticklers" appointed or elected to powerful positions. They make decisions that seem to defy logic because they do. Because some laws defy logic.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is a dropped ball by the prosecutor if they didn't schedule a hearing. The preliminary hearing is to establish probable cause. This tells us nothing about the quality of evidence assembled. It just tells us the prosecutor's office is inept.

Or, alternatively, there is another reason the office declined to pursue those three suspects. Which is possible.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Seems that that decision was up to the prosecution.

I really do not know the details.

It could very well be the case where only one or two of the people knew about any murder and if the others had no idea then they were not guilty of anything.

I just really can not form any factual opinions givin the information provided other than the prosecution did not present a case and the judge done her job according to the laws she was bound to enforce.

That and there seems to be a huge difference in media reports and info the defense presented.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join