It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staff in Ohio and Pennsylvania prisons fall ill, all PA state prisons on lockdown

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Something strange is going on in Ohio and Pennsylvania prisons at the moment...

Two dozen people at the Ross Correctional Institution in Ohio, including five nurses, 15 correctional officers and an inmate, required medical attention after experiencing overdose symptoms due to exposure to an unknown substance.
Source

Pennsylvania Department of Corrections has puts its facilities on lockdown after reports multiple staff members were sickened by unknown substances . This comes after a similar emergency in an Ohio prison.

“Our state prisons, especially, those in the western part of the state, have experienced recent incidents in which employees have been sickened"

Effective immediately, all of the state’s 24 prisons are locked down
Source

It will be interesting to see what has caused this. Apparently certain drugs can be so potent that simply getting it on your skin can kill you. I wonder if this was simply careless accidental contact, or some kind of attack. I can understand one or two staff members accidentally coming into contact with something dangerous, but 20 staff members in one facility alone, and then staff in several other facilities also falling ill? Something sketchy is going on. I'm willing to bet this was a well-planned assault.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

My wife's family is in Chillicothe, OH, so I'm following this one closely. My father-in-law was golfing at the golf course right outside of the prison when this happened.

I hope all end up being okay.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Fentanyl attack, clever.

Its easy to get drugs inside the prison I'm not surprised.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They say it is some liquid synthetic drug.

Yet unidentified.

Bad coffee or addicted staff?
edit on 29-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Fentanyl attack, clever.

Its easy to get drugs inside the prison I'm not surprised.

I agree.
Maybe thought they could put the guards out and make a mass escape?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Live in Ohio, wife called me on this this morning...local reports was fentanyl...

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

they may just want to kill guards

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
From what I’ve read and the symptoms I’ve heard, it does sound like fentanyl or carfentanyl.
Or something in that class of opioid

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Wow, no good. I have a buddy who works in prisons in PA. I'll check with him and see if he can talk about anything.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Possibly introduced via a food vendor like Aramark. They supply "employee dining solutions" as well as "offender meals" to prisons.
Some dubious party may have infiltrated the vendor(s) and tainted what was being supplied to employees. Just a guess.
edit on 30-8-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

My wife's family is in Chillicothe, OH, so I'm following this one closely. My father-in-law was golfing at the golf course right outside of the prison when this happened.

I started off reading your post so wrong. I thought, the whole family? There must be a country song about this. Of course it might be nice to have the in-laws locked up.

Back on track:
Fentanyl is killing alot of innocent people. It's become as dangerous as a loaded weapon and you might not even realize that you've touched the stuff.
And if your unlucky enough to get synthetic...Narcon isn't even working anymore

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Interesting story.

Latest article I could find.

www.mcall.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
From what I’ve read and the symptoms I’ve heard, it does sound like fentanyl or carfentanyl.
Or something in that class of opioid

Agreed they could have made a liquid suspension of it but it seems powder would be easier to employ...
ETA-Thank China for the influx of fentenyl class drugs on the streets almost all intercepted in international shipping is from China. Nasty stuff!
edit on 8/30/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

ETA the 2nd: My brother was an Arkansas Department of Corrections officer who has a lot of buddies still working at the prison in a nearby city, he hasn’t mentioned anything about guards getting effected by fentenyl but I’ll ask him to keep his ear to the ground.
edit on 8/30/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I started off reading your post so wrong. I thought, the whole family? There must be a country song about this. Of course it might be nice to have the in-laws locked up.

Back on track:
Fentanyl is killing alot of innocent people. It's become as dangerous as a loaded weapon and you might not even realize that you've touched the stuff.
And if your unlucky enough to get synthetic...Narcon isn't even working anymore

All fentanyl is synthetic, it's not produced naturally by anything on earth.

top topics

join