It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-right madness in the USA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

"The Christian faith is not up for debate, isn't a matter of politics". -You

Exactly. The Christian Right may be the title you call yourselves, but, religious beliefs hold no weight in political discussions, thanks to the always-so-handy separation of church and state.
Laws CAN'T be made that favor one religion over anyone else's beliefs. Therefore, arguing for something to happen on a political level because of your beliefs, or because "the bible says so", or anything else like that, is a moot point.

I appreciate that you have such steadfast beliefs, that's great for you and I'm glad you've found something to believe in. However, just because your holy book says how to handle a certain situation, doesn't mean that everyone in the country HAS to handle it the same way. Or even believe in it, for that matter.
You can not make laws, or govern the country, based on religious beliefs. Period.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
--should have voted for Gary Johnson.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

"The Christian faith is not up for debate, isn't a matter of politics". -You

Exactly. The Christian Right may be the title you call yourselves, but, religious beliefs hold no weight in political discussions, thanks to the always-so-handy separation of church and state.
Laws CAN'T be made that favor one religion over anyone else's beliefs. Therefore, arguing for something to happen on a political level because of your beliefs, or because "the bible says so", or anything else like that, is a moot point.

I appreciate that you have such steadfast beliefs, that's great for you and I'm glad you've found something to believe in. However, just because your holy book says how to handle a certain situation, doesn't mean that everyone in the country HAS to handle it the same way. Or even believe in it, for that matter.
You can not make laws, or govern the country, based on religious beliefs. Period.

Nor have I advocated that. In fact, I don't expect anything but a slippery slope for the world, and it is the Lord that will correct this, not the Christian: we are not called to rule over the world system, as it stands, in the first place. It's in the Bible where and how it all ends, and it's not the so-called "Christian right" that sets anything straight. The Bible is even abundantly clear Christ's kingdom is not of this world system, at all. All I'm saying is don't expect I'm going to smile at homosexuals, any more than murderers, and this is, actually, what the homosexual wants, would, if they could, force peoples' approval, whereas I'd not force them to stop being homosexuals, any more than the gospel is to create Utopia of a fallen world system, already written down for destruction: we are not called to charge windmills. A lot of fakes drag God into politics, as a matter of fact, just a con device to try and legitimize, for instance, their covetousness, their wars, their quest for power. I thoroughly believe in separation of church and state, as a matter of fact, which, all of you that seem civics challenged or conveniently forget, this includes free exercise of faith, the last thing I want the state mucking in spiritual affairs, it quite a worthwhile trade-off, if they want to kick God out of their offices. Knock yourselves out! That's even a personal problem, really.

No, I don't want to rule over anybody. I even wish people were less concerned with things temporal, and more concerned about things eternal, could care less if there's a Nativity scene on the courthouse lawn that can save nobody, or like posting the Ten Commandments is going to save anybody, but do care that people are charging straight into hell, somehow thinking what they want to believe is truth, of truths they must deal with. You're all going to meet the Lord Jesus, in the end, the question on what terms?

Otherwise, and what it really boils down to, I thoroughly believe you have a right to be as evil as you wish, to the extent you manage to stay out of jail, but hoping you're busted in short order, in you like crime against others. Don't look for me to debate you, as some Republican hack or whatever. I'm fine with you that continue to hate God and His, as if there's anything new, wouldn't try to rule over your unregenerate selves that can't be ruled, anyway, but neither are we going to go away, as much as many would like. Fact is, it's not the Christian that would like to be rid of all of you, obvious who's agenda it is to rule against others, merely for their beliefs, when it comes to people of faith. Even fake religion, Roman Catholics, tortured and slaughtered real believers. So much for any believer, with any brains, wanting the state's fangs in the church. (It was Baptists of Rhode Island and Virginia that demanded your Bill of Rights that even the Satanists love.) And I understand. We piss people off. People full of the devil get pissed off. Good! Nobody with a bad conscience wants any reminders. This is why so many people are pickling their brains with drugs and alcohol, even: it's carrying around that sin corpse on your back, that stinks to high heaven, that really has people restless and tied in knots. (As if that's supposed to be news to a believer? John 3:19. Bears do what they do in the woods, you know.)

Otherwise, so what? Rule you? Hell no! Above my pay grade, and thank the Lord for that! Couldn't say this better, Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
edit on 30-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Word add.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So your reply is a rant using scripture to justify your homophobia and then refuse to answer other straightforward and on topic questions simply because I don't 'grasp the deep truths of the Christian faith'.
Are you implying that only people with the same religious convictions as you are worthy of a reply or explanation?

You've made a lot of assumptions about me and wrote quite a long reply all based on your interpretations of the Christian faith.....an interpretation that seems to include a lot of fire and brimstone and very little compassion.

But hey, that's your right.

It would have been good, interesting and possibly even enlightening if you had given answers to the specific questions I asked you....but I guess in a long, round about way you did.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ScrutinizingThere cannot be one true religion, because religion itself is a belief system, a lens, a set of perceptions about what Life and God is.
If you’re in the club, and your club is the true and correct one, then by definition, everyone else must be wrong – and sometimes evil too.
You can also stifle people’s motivation to do anything constructive about their situation now. After all, if this life is nothing compared to the pending glorious afterlife, why bother?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join