It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-right madness in the USA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm not one for staring threads but I've got to say my head is getting well and truly battered with all this left-right bollocks that is so prevalent at present.

We have serious issues here in the UK that need to be addressed as a matter of urgency.
Most are exacerbated by the outdated party political politics that promotes the maintenance of the status quo and is traditionally divided along left-right lines.

But you guys in the US are taking it to a completely different level at present.

There seems to be so much division and from the outside looking in it appears to border on hatred at times.
Its as if there is no convergence on anything and one's respective viewpoint dictates how one must view any particular situation.
There is a clear demarcation line between the two that must never be crossed by either side.

Look at how ATS has been inundated in recent months with threads openly promoting these divisions.

I know people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and I've already acknowledged the UK's own problems but if ATS is representative of the USA - which is by no means a given - then I hate to say it but you guys have some serious problems and you urgently need to start recognising this and working together to fix your great nation.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Cheers!

I just don't know why suddenly people are trusting any of these maniacs (left or right) that want power over us?!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It’s not so much left versus right these days as it is right versus everyone else. If you don’t support Trump, you’re one of the “other”.

No matter who you are or where you fall on the political spectrum.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I wish the mods would get off their ass and do something about all the t man threads. Its embarrasing. Limit the homepage to 1 t man thread and close all the duplicitous crap. It all a star and flag fest on here.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

There seems to be so much division and from the outside looking in it appears to border on hatred at times.

For some, it does. But not for all of us.

Sometimes it's important to remember the source -- and that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Discussion forums attract those who like to speak up and think their opinions are worth sharing. And political discussion forums attract the worst of the bunch... which tends to repel the best of the bunch.

I haven't looked at the numbers for a few years now, but the last time I did, there were more independents and third party folks than either Republicans or Democrats. So there is hope for all of us!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

It’s not so much left versus right these days as it is right versus everyone else. If you don’t support Trump, you’re one of the “other”.

The same goes with the opposite.

If you voted for Trump, you're instantly against conservation, you're instantly a non believer of climate change, you're instantly for separating families at the border, you're instantly a racist, misogynistic Nazi. The list goes on.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Experience has led me to be suspicious of all politicians regardless of political persuasion and I like to think that I'm free of any sort of political bias and I at least try to view any situation from an initial neutral standpoint. I recognise that's hard at times.

But what we are seeing at present goes far beyond any natural political leaning we may have.
There seems to be a strict adherence to a particular political ideology and people display an acute inability to consider any alternative viewpoint other than their own particular predisposed political leaning.

And the anger and vitriol seems to be at a level I've certainly not witnessed before.

It may be me; perhaps I'm becoming less passionate - I don't see or feel that but I suppose it might be possible - or maybe even less entrenched. (I'm certainly more cynical but that's another thing altogether).

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I wish the mods would get off their ass and do something about all the t man threads. Its embarrasing. Limit the homepage to 1 t man thread and close all the duplicitous crap. It all a star and flag fest on here.

It's member driven content. Don't like political themed threads? Start some which aren't political themed and are captivating enough to dethrone the political discussions, simple as that.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
No...its not as simple as that.
Many people leap out of one thread to start another thread of nearly identical content. It then plugs up the homepage. If the duplicitous threads were policed better then other peoples stuff would get seen more. It IS as simple as that.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more.

My current political views are pretty summed up by the great Kahless.

"Great men do not seek power. They have power thrust upon them."

(skip to 3:45)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
No...its not as simple as that.
Many people leap out of one thread to start another thread of nearly identical content. It then plugs up the homepage. If the duplicitous threads were policed better then other peoples stuff would get seen more. It IS as simple as that.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not sure I want to engage in discourse with folks that don’t know how to find forums and threads that aren’t on the live page or the front page. You do know anyone can click on “forums” at the top of the page and peruse the 70 or so that aren’t political? I don’t know you so I won’t presume you just want to be spoon fed, but I seem to have no trouble finding non-political threads anytime I choose.

And if you’re complaining because people won’t read YOUR threads...well, there are actual diagnoses for that behavior.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The advent of social media has enabled those fringe freaks to come out of the closet and push agendas that would have never seen the light of day before. I am talking about political freaks btw. Those that hate democracy but can neither spell or define it.

It has caused people to go tribal because they fear losing ground to the perceived bad guys on the other side.

The problem is...there is a silent majority who just sit by and hope they go away. Aint gonna happen in the digital age.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Left-right madness in the USA

Look at the title of your own thread.
Get it ?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

With all the left-right nonsense, those of us in the middle do tend to get lost in the shuffle. I think the derision speaks to the conditions within this country and how there are elites which seem to "get away with" doing things that would possibly imprison someone of lesser wealth. But it also speaks to the erosion of the middle class, which both sides disagree on how to fix.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Really man? Your going to drop that gem in a thread bemoaning the left/right divide?

Im on the phone....but check my stats....not a massive poster on here. And threads i do start run a large gambit.
Like the OP..i am just tired of left v. Right threads of which 100% are about the T man . I could make a thread about whooping cranes and some dick would turn it political. So spare me the turn the channel routine.

a reply to: Lab4Us

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Not all Trump supporters are right leaning. But it's people like you that pigeon-hole them and keep the sentiment alive by always engaging in hyperbole and extreme rhetoric.

I think a more fair assessment would be Pro-Trump vs Anti-Trump, and people from either camp can (and do) fall all over the spectrum.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To be fair...most people associate the T man with the right. I mean the polls were way skewed towads Hillary because people who wanted to vote for him were scared or embarrased to do so publicly.

There is story after story of friends/family departing ways over it. Same thing as Brexit. It is mental when one cannot have a serious conversation. Here in the UK i am constantly having to defend my "rightness". Lol

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I know people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and I've already acknowledged the UK's own problems but if ATS is representative of the USA - which is by no means a given - then I hate to say it but you guys have some serious problems and you urgently need to start recognising this and working together to fix your great nation.

In order to "fix" the problem, someone's going to have to admit to all of the corruption that's going on in order to change it. That would mean losing power. Never gonna happen without a huge hammer falling.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Cheers!

I just don't know why suddenly people are trusting any of these maniacs (left or right) that want power over us?!

I think it's the result of an ever deepening polarization of the extremes, post Bush and Obama, a lot of people fed up. A lot of people are frightened, insecure. Trump being perceived as an outsider appeals greatly to the disenfranchised, against the Washington machine, and liberals looking for a homo in every pot, progress towards Trotskyism, and especially those possessed, that can't help themselves, got their oxen gored and are in a lather they may die or something, before they get to worship the antichrist. But I much like the idea of an outsider, if Mr. Trump truly is, going to Washington and turning over all the apple carts, if only for the fun of it. Can't say I'm one to look for salvation from a Republican or Democrat, like they're going to reverse millennia of history that is proven human stupidity. I think not. So, I'm not people, trusting any of the maniacs, no siree Bob!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

and liberals looking for a homo in every pot, progress towards Trotskyism, and especially those possessed, that can't help themselves, got their oxen gored and are in a lather they may die or something, before they get to worship the antichrist

wtf does any of that even mean? I think that you forgot to leave yourself a trail to follow back out of that rabbit hole you've gotten lost down.

It's simple. If someone wants power, then they don't deserve it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join