It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What political party you vote for does not make you moral

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: Grambler
Morality, per se, may be a subjective concept but who you chose to represent you does speak to character. Yes, your vote can define you.

So vote for bill clinton means you are an immoral rapist supporter?
Vote for hillary means you cheer for people being murdered in the street and the laugh about it?
Or maybe there were perfectly well reasoned factors that led to people voting for these people that had nothing to do with their personal behaviors.

Simple question...were all of these allegations front and centre on election day? How much is partisan hyperbole of the 'are you still beating your wife" sort?
So hands up anybody who didn't know that Trump was nekulturny from the git-go.
Like I said above...

There were plenty of stories front and center about how immoral these two were when people voted for them

Did you miss the lead up tpo the 2016 election? Are you claiming people werent posting evidence of hillary immorality?

You hate trump and want an excuse to smear his supporters moral character for voting for him.

Yea, this is exactly the type of thing I am criticizing in the OP.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
"What political party you vote for does not make you moral"

No, instead I believe it 'reflects' your moral compass.

Yet that reflection is good or bad depends on who perceives it.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've never really understood associating yourself or others with the political party they vote for. I've read a lot of ridiculous things online people going off about how people who voted for trump are morally degenerate because they support someone like trump blah blah blah.... I'm not American, i'm not personally a big fan of Trump because of the #ty things he's done throughout of his business career. If I was American I wouldn't have voted for Clinton either. But anyway, either way, it's not really anything to do with me, i'm not American.

I've got friends here though who seem to enjoy arguing about trump. I've got a couple good friends who argue about him on facebook. One supports him one doesn't. They've had some fairly bitter public arguments about it, again, neither of them are American, but they've come to the point of personally attacking eachother over this. Both of them have been friends with eachother since before I was even born.

I've even had an acquaintance I spoke to occasionally on my bus ride to work start arguing with me and become offended because I don't support America banning guns and I really don't care enough about American politics to bother arguing on the bus about it. This person then became offended and started babbling on about me having the 'privilege' of not caring. Without seeming to realize the irony that, they have the same privilege, as again, this person is not American. But, I guess they'd been spending a bunch of time ranting online about it and felt the need to wrap themself up in bull# political identity politics.

Personally, I was taught by my grandpa, who someone votes for is private, you don't ask somebody about it, you don't talk about it, you just go into the poll make your vote and wait for the outcome and when it's done that's the end of it. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who your friends and family vote for, it's their choice and people need to stop becoming so emotionally attached to political parties and politicians.

These are supposed to be people that we begrudgingly allow to temporarily make the decisions needed to run the country and when they're done we pick new ones. They're not supposed to be people you idolize or vilify or become emotionally attached to. They're supposed to be people doing a job, you shouldn't really want to do, where your boss is everyone who did or didn't vote for you. These people aren't royalty, they're elected officials, it seems like people forget this these days though.
edit on 29/8/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think you might be surprised at how many people vote Republican because (the party claims) to be opposed to abortion (as a strategy to get votes.)

Don't know jack squat about politics, just sort of "now, which one is it that hates abortion? That's the one I'm voting for". And in doing so, many times shoot themselves in the foot.

edit on 8/29/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
this is a tricky question. i didnt vote last time in general elections..because of moral reasons. i had a ten day old kitten that i found while staying at my mom. and had to travel back home leaving cat alone for at least 4 hours..so it was a no no in my book. I set listening to 'nothing else matters' and fed the kitty. hell of a day though.
edit on 29-8-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I think you might be surprised at how many people vote Republican because (the party claims) to be opposed to abortion (as a strategy to get votes.)

Don't know jack squat about politics, just sort of "now, which one is it that hates abortion? That's the one I'm voting for". And in doing so, many times shoot themselves in the foot.

Would seem you know much better than squat, are savvy that, indeed, the anti-abortion rhetoric is just that. It's also the case any presidential candidate suddenly becomes a born again believer, what a coincidence you'd have never known that, before the campaign, any prior witness to Jesus Christ or God used as an exclamation, to curse? Actually, like Obama, I found G.W. Bush a repulsive, wicked man, an outright warmonger for the interests of the Carlyle Group. Anyway, the devil always comes as an angel of light: being himself won't work. And you simply must suddenly come to Jesus, if you want a lot of conservative votes.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Hmm, if you really believe that, then what are your thoughts on the mentality of the liberals who claim the GOP has a "war on women" over the abortion issue, or who portray the GOP as this 800 lb gorilla which will destroy a "woman's right to choose?"

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing
Actually, like Obama, I found G.W. Bush a repulsive, wicked man, an outright warmonger for the interests of the Carlyle Group.

I gotta agree, in regards to war, Obama was a lot like GW Bush.
edit on 29-8-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I gotta agree, in regards to war, Obama was a lot like GW Bush.

When you look at actions, as opposed to flapping lips, which we all should, it's generally the case their Jesus is on vacation, after the election. Yes, as you well point out, one is Frick, and the other one Frack.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

No.

You can't even say that if you are personally giving all your time and money to the homeless that if you advocate for and vote for laws forcing everyone else to do that makes you moral or those laws moral.

The problem is that Thou shalt not steal, and taking something through force, any force is theft. Just because we allow the government the power to take through force does not change the morality of it. It is still theft.

We may all recognize the necessity of having some things paid for in common through common monies, but taxes are still collected through force and are thus still theft and immoral.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I really believe it, and all of it.

link   

Actually, a LOT (did I mention a LOT) of US voters are single issue voters...on ALL sides.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Actually, a LOT (did I mention a LOT) of US voters are single issue voters...on ALL sides.

I know. I wish people were more informed.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
this is a tricky question. i didnt vote last time in general elections..because of moral reasons. i had a ten day old kitten that i found while staying at my mom. and had to travel back home leaving cat alone for at least 4 hours..so it was a no no in my book. I set listening to 'nothing else matters' and fed the kitty. hell of a day though.

Thanks for the break from the political diatribes! This is for you!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No.

You can't even say that if you are personally giving all your time and money to the homeless that if you advocate for and vote for laws forcing everyone else to do that makes you moral or those laws moral.

The problem is that Thou shalt not steal, and taking something through force, any force is theft. Just because we allow the government the power to take through force does not change the morality of it. It is still theft.

We may all recognize the necessity of having some things paid for in common through common monies, but taxes are still collected through force and are thus still theft and immoral.

Didn't you write this post the day you joined, and every day since then?

lol. I think everybody knows how you feel about sharing.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

At the same time, there are also plenty of people who only vote Democrat on the strength of single issues too. It's not like low information has a monopoly on only one side or the other.

There are dumb as dish water voters on all sides.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No.

Didn't you write this post the day you joined, and every day since then?

lol. I think everybody knows how you feel about sharing.

You are so effing snide.

This has nothing to effing do about sharing and everything to do about you being a pompous, greedy @ss when you vote for someone to come into my pocketbook and decide what I will or won't giver and how much that must be regardless of what I already do or don't do.

You don't know me and you shouldn't presume to.

But I'm sure you are texting this right now from the middle of that soup kitchen line you regularly volunteer to work in. But then, maybe you are actually are. I wouldn't know and I don't presume to assume you aren't, unlike you who presume that I have gobs of gold hidden away somewhere that I don't want to share with anyone because I think that when someone takes what I have worked hard to earn rather than allowing me to share it myself of my own free will that I don't like sharing.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, as discussed above, there are plenty of people who vote single issue.
Very naïve, uninformed people.

link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Thanks. Did i say i # my pants? well it would be more appropriate for that day though..but what can you do.

link   
double post.
edit on 29-8-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join