It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of School Shooters and Faberge Eggs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Alright kids. This video is from two years prior, but still VERY relevant. The topic is light hearted, as Mr. Razorfist says; its about mass shootings.

The objective is to look at whether or not video games really hold as high a level as other things, such as parenting and egotism, on the "periodic table of culpability". I think this video is extremely articulated and brings up very, very good points.

As per the Anti-gun legislation, the point brought up that gets me, is that it's so much easier to push legislation and the buck in general, than to turn it around to ourselves and ask, "DID I HELP MAKE THIS?"

Sit back, and enjoy. Oh, and with Razorfist/Rageaholic videos in general, Viewer Discretion is advised (language)

edit on 29-8-2018 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

I think i just got the first look at my long lost brother.

Video games don't cause violence. I've been gaming for almost 30 years, after playing Super Mario did I get the impulse to assault tortoises? no. Did playing wresting games give me the impulse to piledrive a receptionist through the front desk? no.

While we are at it let's blame Kim Kardashians game for inciting stupidity, despite the fact that any individual who purchases the game is rendered an idiot by default.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The whole subject of mass shootings has been beaten to death. People really need to understand that the cause is not just one damn factor.

Cigarettes do not cause cancer.
If they did, everyone that smoked a cigarette would have lung cancer. Lots of 30 years smokers without cancer out there. Lots of cancer patients out there that never smoked a cigarette.
Tobacco is a contributing factor.

As for school shooters.

Antidepressants, check
Violent games, check
Loner, check
Male, check
Bullied, check

Multiple factors.

The only way to resolve the issue is to do a real study without a pre determined agenda and then fix the mental health problem in the country.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The whole subject of mass shootings has been beaten to death. People really need to understand that the cause is not just one damn factor.

Cigarettes do not cause cancer.
If they did, everyone that smoked a cigarette would have lung cancer. Lots of 30 years smokers without cancer out there. Lots of cancer patients out there that never smoked a cigarette.
Tobacco is a contributing factor.

As for school shooters.

Antidepressants, check
Violent games, check
Loner, check
Male, check
Bullied, check

Multiple factors.

The only way to resolve the issue is to do a real study without a pre determined agenda and then fix the mental health problem in the country.

Well, the causation is pretty well explained within the video itself, methinks. it's a product of removing the emotional bodyarmor, and replacing it with an air of supremecy and egomania emboldened by the age of social media, and predicated by the soft parenting and the "Anything for my baby" mentality spawned by Generation X

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

- Marcus Brigstocke

new topics

top topics

join