It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN host; Trump calls out Antifa because they are African American and he is racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Jefferton

a reply to: Jefferton

I thought his supporters were all mature and reasonable. Is this not the case?

Can we say that for any demographic in America?

Well, the narrative coming from the Right lately, is that the violence comes only from the Left.

Seems hypocritical, to me.

Yea, I've never heard anything about nazis taking over from the left. Both have been acting like children to scare the country so they can power grab.

This goes back decades, but both sides keep raising the bar for dumb snip to say.

The difference is though that there is almost no person considered main stream or remotely credible that defends violence from nazis.

They may defend their right to assemble and speak, but thats it.

However, there has been a move toward growing main stream acceptance of it being ok to "punch a nazi" on the left.

Thats sounds all well and good, but when you couple that with "anyone who wants borders enforced is a nazi" or insert a million other claims like that you start to see the problem.

Yet still this mindset is defended, by mainstream influential people on the left.

Thank goodness I believe there are still more people on the left that are opposed to any of this political violence.

Thats not to say there isnt violence on the right as well, but it seems to be almost universally condemned.
edit on 29-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Thinking about this further, it seems you in the US are doomed either way.
If the Right wins, there will be violence from the Left.
If the Right loses, there will be violence from the Right.

Hrm. Sticky situation.

Maybe.

All I can do is speak for myself and say that as someone on the right I will condemn any violence done from my "side" and defend those on the other side that perhaps would be targeted.

And I know there are people on the left that would do the same.

And I think despite what we see on the media, there are more reasonable non violent people in total than the violent ones.

But no doubt all sides will have some violence no matter what.

If more people thought this way, the world would be a much more chill place.

It is easy to get sucked into the drama, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So i guess those guys at CNN heard Antifa uses black bloc tactics,and this they assume means they are black people? In total honesty i don't think I've seen one black antifa member. I truly wish CNN would try to stop helping the democrats.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Jefferton

I thought his supporters were all mature and reasonable. Is this not the case?

Can we say that for any demographic in America?

Well, the narrative coming from the Right lately, is that the violence comes only from the Left.

Seems hypocritical, to me.

Is it that violence "only" comes from the left or that the left has violent actors they support and claim aren't violent?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Trump is most definitely pushing the theme of violence from "leftists" lately.

Violence, violence and more violence. The left will eat you alive.

"Vote for me, or be murdered by democrats".
Oh no, you seem to be confused, liberal media has been pushing the radical left as normal while censoring conservatives.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: angeldoll
Trump is most definitely pushing the theme of violence from "leftists" lately.

Violence, violence and more violence. The left will eat you alive.

"Vote for me, or be murdered by democrats".
Oh no, you seem to be confused, liberal media has been pushing the radical left as normal while censoring conservatives.

I'm quite certain I will never say a word you approve of. That makes me very comfortable with my beliefs and opinions.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

CNN is the "Sharknado" of news organizations.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Oh and just in case there is any doubt, here is CNN's Don lemmon chiming in to defend antifa

CNN's Don Lemon on Tuesday appeared to defend Antifa Tuesday night, praising the group as "fighting racist fascists" while adding "no organization is perfect" in acknowledging the group's violent past on his primetime program.

"It says it right in the name: Antifa. Anti-fascism, which is what they were there fighting," Lemon said in reference to clashes between neo-Nazis and Antifa members in Charlottesville, Va., in August 2017.

"Listen, no organization is perfect. There was some violence. No one condones violence, but there were different reasons for Antifa and for these neo-Nazis to be there," Lemon continued. "One, racists, fascists, the other group, fighting racist fascists. There is a distinction there."

thehill.com...

See Don Lemmon knows.

The name is ANTI fascists, therefore they must be good cause they are fighting fascists!

Cant argue with that logic!
edit on 29-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   
Antifa is violent but who is the Toobin guy claiming they are black. They wear black clothes and masks. Who knows.

Anyway, why care what the guy says he seems to be some talking head guest? Are we to the point that we now blame all news agencies for what guests say because it is going to get even uglier if that is the new bar.
edit on 29-8-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

link   
Umm last time I checked ANTIFA was made up of mostly white young adults, this is just asinine at this point entirely if they have to result to this “weak sauce” attack they must really be scrapping their knuckles at the bottom of the vat of Trump Hate Material!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Antifa is violent but who is the Toobin guy claiming they are black. They wear black clothes and masks. Who knows.

Anyway, why care what the guy says he seems to be some talking head guest? Are we to the point that we now blame all news agencies for what guests say because it is going to get even uglier if that is the new bar.

Not just a guess, he is CNN legal analyst

And don lemmon one of their biggest hosts is also defending antifa is one of their biggest hosts.

And lets not forget Cuomo, another one of their hosts, defending antifa the other week.

So no, these arent just talking head guests, they are regular cnn employees

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

My guess is this mid term election is going to be one of the most embarrassing cycles we have.

We'll probably have no shortage on dumbass statements made by people, or shortage of people saying them.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I know cnn sucks blah blah blah.

Leaving aside the long list you have compiled of past quotes from different people you are saying the guy is their legal analyst or "a legal analyst"

I am asking because I don't even own a TV. I am glad to or I might wind up watching shows I claim to hate trying to find something to complain about.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

My guess is this mid term election is going to be one of the most embarrassing cycles we have.

We'll probably have no shortage on dumbass statements made by people, or shortage of people saying them.

Maybe though we have reached peak insanity (though I am not hopeful on that)

Eventually the pendulum should swing back, and we should get a correction to this stuff.

wouldnt it be great to go back to classical liberalism that abhorred censorship and encourage solving differences with debate rather than name calling or violence.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I know cnn sucks blah blah blah.

Leaving aside the long list you have compiled of past quotes from different people you are saying the guy is their legal analyst or "a legal analyst"

I am asking because I don't even own a TV. I am glad to or I might wind up watching shows I claim to hate trying to find something to complain about.

He is literally "their" legal analyst.

He is on every night. He is the guy that is supposed to be calm and analyze what legal statutes say, and deal with any stories that involve the law.

And he not only defends antifa, but thinks that wearing black cloths and masks makes you african american.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

wouldnt it be great to go back to classical liberalism that abhorred censorship and encourage solving differences with debate rather than name calling or violence.

I'm not going to hold my breath. We are in a renaissance of information, most people have access in their pocket, yet only 50% of (eligible) Americans vote in the presidential election on a good day. What percent of them think critically and get their information from a wide range of sources and not just the ones that says what they want to hear?

Quality of a democracy is gauged by the people engaging in it.... We're not looking too hot.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Looking up Jeffrey Toobin he does seem to be a cnn dumbarse.

So he sucks like that Cultor gal and judge something on the right wing news. No use getting all worked up over it they are all idiots. Just change the channel.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

oh my gosh, really? do you know how many are murdered by neonazis in the last years?
as long as you guys dont realize whos the real thread to our societys around the globe, the hate will grow and the neonazis will thank you for that.

you're kind of guys?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

But that is the whole problem.
There are probably millions of everyday, average people, watching CNN, and other news stations, and believing the BS they are being told.

All of the MSM right now, either side, has become so corrupt, so twisted, it frustrates me to no end.
I just don't see how it can be fixed.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: Bluntone22

oh my gosh, really? do you know how many are murdered by neonazis in the last years?
as long as you guys dont realize whos the real thread to our societys around the globe, the hate will grow and the neonazis will thank you for that.

you're kind of guys?

The world, as always, has more than one threat.

While I'm not afraid of a new Nazi takeover, neo-nazis are a threat to society. But acting like they're the only threat could let other extremists power grab.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join