It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'They're liquidating us': AT&T continues layoffs and outsourcing despite profits

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Ohanka

Pick yourself up by your bootstraps son!!

My island is fine I have a moat around my castle and cannot be affect by anything.

UMMMMM can I come live on this island please?

Pick yourself up by bootstraps and you can have your own self sufficient island

Do you really have a self sufficient island?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

I authorized a 25k fiber build with the local cable company so i could cancel my services with AT&T and save $5 a month on said service.

Hate is to weak of a word.

But their wireless division sucks slighly less.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I recall being a consultant for the PC giant HP a few years ago when I would call HP support I’d get extremely Indian or Pilipino accented voices on the other end named usually George or Steve...yeah sure.

I’d say to myself, oh well, there goes another few thousand or so American jobs

edit on 29-8-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The problem with you trump defenders is that it's clear his policies won't ameliorate the ongoing low and middle-class economic malaise by his traditional GOP like coddling of the wealthy.

At least democratic policies if ever allowed to be put in action would do much more for the low and middle class than the GOP rich man lovers.

The very clueless American people keep getting duped by putting the GOP in power either in the presidency and or the Congress.

The GOP AND TRUMP WILL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP THE POOR AND MIDDLE CLASS ON ANY LEVEL

edit on 29-8-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes, those extra dollars in my paycheck every 2 weeks after the Trump tax cut have been utterly worthless. What an insult, taking less of my earnings and thinking that's going to help me!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

4 more years come 2020, Willtell, 4 more years.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: toysforadults

Didn't read the NPR article did ya?

"Peter Cappelli, a professor at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School, agrees. He says one problem is that companies are posting openings with required qualifications that aren't really necessary for the job.

"They're just asking for the moon, and not expecting to pay very much for it," Cappelli says. "And as a result they [can't] find those people. Now that [doesn't] mean there was nobody to do the job; it just [means] that there was nobody at the price they were willing to pay."

LOTS of blame to go around as I said.

Personally, there seems to be a giant disconnect between the education dept and business. It is why I like that STEM schools are catching on.

I've been saying this for over 18 years. I saw wages drop in my industry by about 50% over 2 years for new hires while qualifications and experience ballooned. What used to pay $25+/hr (for college degree + 1-3 years exp) was $11-15 (depending on area) and most wanted 3-5 years expernice and a $10,000 cert on top of a college degree. This crap continued and the "skill requirements" are sometimes a full page if not 1.5 and the job description is "open" meaning they can tell you to do anything, learn anything, etc - so you have to constantly learn more stuff (so they can lay off another co-worker).

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The problem with you trump defenders is that it's clear his policies won't ameliorate the ongoing low and middle-class economic malaise by his traditional GOP like coddling of the wealthy.

At least democratic policies if ever allowed to be put in action would do much more for the low and middle class than the GOP rich man lovers.

The very clueless American people keep getting duped by putting the GOP in power either in the presidency and or the Congress.

The GOP AND TRUMP WILL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP THE POOR AND MIDDLE CLASS ON ANY LEVEL

The thread has to do with AT&T. What has been going on there for years has nothing at all to do with the GOP or current political BS. AT&T has little concern for it's qualified workforce and will outsource your job overseas anytime it sees that it can save money doing so.

That has not changed for a long time. It is true that call centers are becoming obsolete and everything is being done to replace these people with a web page, however AT&T continually replaces qualified IT engineers with overseas workers, mainly to India, for no other reason than to show a better bottom line.
edit on 30-8-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Just curious, I would love to read your threads on this topic when Obama was in office so I can see what if anything has changed.

Like here?

pssst.... scroll down in that link....!

Now back to the OP. You want to b**ch about Obama and Hillary go post another thread that can join the dozen others.

Sorry, nothing there about you attacking Obama over this topic. It's also not a thread made by you. Like I said, you didn't care about this topic and made no threads about it that I can find while Obama was in office.

Wealth gap between middle class and rich widest ever

money.cnn.com...

Who was President in 2014? Maybe that is who you should be blaming. At the end of Trump's second term we will see what has changed and whether or not additional blame should be assigned him.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You don’t need the money, your overpaid as it is

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As the economy goes from strength to strength, you OP seem to create a new thread every time a company has to lay people off or goes bust.
Is that your life now? trawling the news media for company failures to pretend that your President has not turbocharged the economy in the exact way he said he would - and that Barry said he couldn't?
edit on 30/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

President has not turbocharged the economy in the exact way he said he would - and that Barry said he couldn't?

Who's Barry?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You don’t need the money, your overpaid as it is

LMGDAO!!!

You don't need that air you're breathing, you're already full of enough wind, my friend.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Dude...this is the crap I was talking bout in the other thread! You ok with this crap?????

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I see the concept of ironic metaphor escapes your grasp.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Apparently. Lol perhaps its the nature of electronic communication. Imagine Monty Python over a forum.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join