It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIrtual reality side effect lucid dreams.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So I got my oculus about a week ago and it has been a blast.

Me and my girlfriend both put a lot of time in and now both of us are experiencing crazy lucid dreams and we never have before.
I am not sure if VR is similar to dreaming, like maybe it’s activating the same regions of the brain or something, but it’s crazy!

So I googled it and it’s apparently a super common side effect, pretty damn cool!
Me and my girlfriends dreams were very similar to each other’s last night, in a very eerie way.
I can’t wait to use it even more and have some even better dreams.

Have any of you experienced this? What are your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Well, I have not, but I have only used cellphones for VR and that is not Oculus. If you want to add even more depth to your dreams, try melatonin. That makes me have very lucid dreams.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yup... I find if i play a game for a long time before bed i will dream about it...

or at least lose sleep thinking about it

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooterthis is a very controversial topic but an interesting one we are all dreamers experiencing different levels of consciousness the journal of consciousness exploration research may provide some useful information in the case of matrix energetics one person can affect another from afar with intention to remotely influence a persons level of consciousness and subconscious mind while awake and while asleep

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Video games have the same effect on me. After a long gaming stint I would have lucid dreams and they are a surreal experience and mos def awesome.

You almost have full control your subconscious, in normal dreams you are the passenger, but in lucid dreams you are the driver. The only problem is with lucid dreaming is that you have to wake up.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You’re giving me flashbacks to “Tetris-itis.”

edit on 8/29/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I play tons of normal games and haven’t experienced anything like this!a reply to: Thecakeisalie

top topics

join