It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you identify this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I took a picture of this plane, back in October in Munroe Falls Ohio, and I still wonder what kind it is. I've seen many planes in the sky, but this one looked strange enough for me to take a picture. What caught my eye was the red shadow in the back, and I don't see any wings. I took the photo when it was almost directly above me, I'd say 80 degrees off the horizon. The sun is toward the left of the picture, taken about 5:00 PM. I originally posted it on UFO Case book, and the only reply was that it was an airplane. I think they meant jet airliner.

ufocasebook.conforums.com...

I don't have it posted anywhere else, so if you would like the origional please U2U with an e-mail address. I don't know much about military aircraft, but it looks to me like a UAV or something. I know it's not alien or anything like that, but one guy I showed it to said maybe it was "big foot in a rented rocket"

I figure if anyone knows, the experts here at ATS will. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I sent you a U2U with my E-mail addy. and I can host it so others can see

otehrwise I suggest you host it on a site like imageshack

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
I sent you a U2U with my E-mail addy. and I can host it so others can see

otehrwise I suggest you host it on a site like imageshack

I will send it to you, If you can post it, that would be great. Still learning my around how to do this stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Here it is
2048x1536 JPEG 614.59 KB

kind of hard to make anything out

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My over-active imagination can see a BA 747, surely it can't be that.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
hmm,

looks like a cruise missile to me..just a brainwave

best wishes

dc

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Right, look at it for a sec, see that grey bit? looks like the underside of a wing to me.

Red bits the Rudder emblem.

Big hump at the front looks 747ish, I agree.

Hence I say: Low flying 747. Get plenty round my Area, low flying passenger jets. Im on the flightpath of Stansted,
I don't mind though, people who moan about it annoy me.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Looks like something from the Apollo missions !!

Sorry about the small pic

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Looks like a Quantas or Virgin airliner to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I agree with Waynos and DeltaNine. It certainly looks like and airliner. The only airline I know of is our good old Qantas.

Oh Just remembered...

It could be Virgin too, at least they used to operate with a red tail i think?

[edit on 24/2/2005 by JamesBlonde]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
My overactive imagination can even see the kangaroo on the tail. I live near an airport and thats the sight i get all the time from the qantas planes that take off every hour all different shapes but all got that red tail with the white kangaroo...

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Eye Of Ra]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Almost certainly an airliner. White plane with red/orange tail and a white marking of some kind on the tail. Anybody know who that is?

Well if I'm not mistaken the nearest international airport to your area is Akron/Canton, and according to travelocity the airlines operating out of there are
US Airways
North West Airlines
Delta
Airtran
United
Continental

So, if there's anybody here who is as big a nerd as me, all you have to do is finish up by finding out what those carrier's planes look like.

EDIT: it may not be from Akron and just because i couldn't find a Quantas flight out of Akron doesn't mean they never stop over or anything. Didn't want to totally kill that theory.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I appreciate the feedback, sounds like most believe it was an airliner. Maybe because it's flying low, it's not giving off a moisture trail? I'm not sure what height this occurs at. Do you think the front looks larger than normal because of sun reflection? I took this with a new digital camera, and I've been hearing alot about pixel distortion and compression, probably what it is.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Nearly without a doubt an airliner, kinda looks like a new airbus to me
but ofcourse it isn't.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins
I appreciate the feedback, sounds like most believe it was an airliner. Maybe because it's flying low, it's not giving off a moisture trail? I'm not sure what height this occurs at. Do you think the front looks larger than normal because of sun reflection? I took this with a new digital camera, and I've been hearing alot about pixel distortion and compression, probably what it is.

Nah, no trails until quite away up, I think around 5k.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

Nah, no trails until quite away up, I think around 5k.

And they dont always appear anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yeah, first thing I thought of was a NWA 747. They're white/silver, with a red tail like that. Plus with Detroit being a major hub, it would make sense to see on in and around Ohio.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Yeah, first thing I thought of was a NWA 747. They're white/silver, with a red tail like that. Plus with Detroit being a major hub, it would make sense to see on in and around Ohio.

Found a sight with pictures.

av8rphotos.com...

Theres a NWA 747-200, just like you describe. Also the Turkish A310 is all white with red tail, guess it could be any one of those.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
At first glance i was thinking X-47 Pegasus, maybe with the afterburner on. But hearing what everyone else thinks that orange/red-ish color at the back of it could be the airliners colors.

Heres the X-47, along with a picture of each of the planes (in order) that The Vagabond listed, Which he claims are the ones that would fly near where the picture was taken.

X-47A Pegasus

US Airways

NorthWest Airlines (my fav pic)

Delta

Airtran

United Airlines

Continental Airlines

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
None of the flights that travelocity lists out of the nearest international airport have the right tail, but that doesn't rule out a stopover, redirected flight, or aircraft from another airport.

The reason the proportions of the front look wrong is probably the ankle it's flying at. Go to any car-trader website and get a look at how out-of-proportion an angled photo makes the hood of a car look.

Also, I had the afterburner idea too at first, but it looked a little off-center. It would have to be a thrust-vectored craft for that to be an afterburner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join