It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Leftists Will Crush Christianity if Democrats Win!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I have no doubt they will vent full force on the USA's Christians (and other conservatives) if/when they get the chance. look at how New York prosecutors are targeting Trump-related organizations.

Trump is a Christian Conservative?

Oh, I forgot, his favorite book is the Bible.

He really likes Corenthians Two the most.
edit on 29-8-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Don't intend to lecture, but hypocrisy really burns me up! Not you, CriticalStinker, but the conservative Christian politicians that vote for tax cuts for the rich and food and healthcare cuts for the poor, for example. I'll just leave it there, and not get into their immigration hypocrisy.

I think that was a very well worded, and well sourced post.

I was raised Christian and have since become agnostic precisely because of hypocrisy.

I see it on all fronts though, which doesn't make anything you said wrong, just that we could expand for days and go into every demographic and point things out.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Not you of course. Who needs a bike lock when you've got a keyboard.
edit on 29-8-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Don't intend to lecture, but hypocrisy really burns me up! Not you, CriticalStinker, but the conservative Christian politicians that vote for tax cuts for the rich and food and healthcare cuts for the poor, for example. I'll just leave it there, and not get into their immigration hypocrisy.

But you are conlating voting for personal behavior.

Voting to raise taxes so that other people cvan foot the bill for people I feel deserve the money more does not make me moral.

What would be moral is that before I demand other people pay for what I consider a good cause, that I am putting all of my excess money to that cause.

So when a rich celebrity, tech tycoon, or politician tells me that I have to pay more in taxes or I am immoral, or I have to pay more for alternative energies or I am immoral, etc., it is absolute garbage and doesnt make them a moral person.

In addition, you comment ignores what the motives are for wanting things like tax cuts.

First off, tax cuts will always "benefit the rich" because they pay the most in taxes. In other words, if you pay no taxes, a cut wont help you.

But I feel that these cuts raise the economy for all, this benefiting the poor more than making them dependent on social programs.

How I vote is irrelevant to rather or not I am acting as a christian; I could donate my personal money and time to helping the poor while voting against raising everyone elses taxes to "help the poor"

Remember, the communists claimed to be moral people that wanted to help the poor and achieve equality using the state; and hundreds of millions of people died so they could feel good about themselves.

edit on 29-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I roll with Jesus! He was everything that our present day society is not. He healed the sick and didn't charge them a dime, ate with and showed compassion towards sinners and prostitutes, called out corruption in the church when he overturned the tables of the money changers in the temple, with regards to taxes told us to give to Caesar what is Caesar's, told us to love our enemies, and just seemed like an all round nice guy! BTW if he was alive today, he probably would not be welcome to travel to the US, as he most likely be on the Travel ban list.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Grambler

Heh...

Well, Christ is the only perfect one.

I have never claimed such heights for myself.
Hypocrite much ? Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden both Catholics and pro abortion. There was a story a few years back that Biden's own parish priest told him not to take communion while he promotes pro abortion politics.
Oh yah and this..... Matthew 5:48 King James Version (KJV)

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
He really likes Corenthians Two the most.

Is that the one with the Russian hookers?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

But you are conlating voting for personal behavior.

Voting is a deed, a "work". You are judged by your works, not your words. Personal behavior is "works".

What would be moral is that before I demand other people pay for what I consider a good cause, that I am putting all of my excess money to that cause.

Listen, I'm not Jesus, or even a Christian. But, if you claim to have leadership standing because of your Christian religious perch, then you need to take up your morality argument against those scripture with Jesus.

He said to them, "Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

Your money, once given to/taken by "Caesar", belongs to Caesar. Nevertheless, the hungry need to be fed, the naked clothed, the sick aided and the imprisoned visited. So says Jesus. Whether paid for by tax payer money or charity, Christians are supposed to see that it happens, one way or the other. If Christian politician claim "God" wants them there in political office, then God wants them to do what his son told them to do, His will.

Again, I'm not a Christian. But I was raised Christian, and while I lack faith in Jesus' godhood, I understand the charitible requirement of Jesus and Christian followers.

edit on 29-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JimD350

Heh...

Birthplace: Nazareth

Income: None, although has access to donated funds from supporters

Yeah... The big J isn't getting off that watch list any time soon!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Nowhere does the Bible proscribe abortion. Nowhere does Jesus tell his followers to force their morality onto others by writing laws telling people what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If a Christian invokes God saying he wants them to win office, that person is ridiculous.

However, claiming that voting for a certain position makes you more or less moral is an absurd arguemnt.

If you want to help poor people, then do it. Dont vote for a position and then feel you are a great person, and everyone who voted the other way is immoral.

Or let me put it this way.

Jesus was against theft.

So if you are voting to rob people of their money to give to others, you are not being a christian.

Of course that is absurd as well, but it shows how nonsensical the argument is.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The New Testament mentions eight times about Jesus being in Syria so he must have lived there at some point in his life. That was what I was getting at when I mentioned the Travel Ban :-)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Aye, it says that in Matthew's contribution.

However, it does not instruct the reader to be perfect immediately, or even in ones mortal lifetime. It just asks that we get there. I am not sure if you know this, but in order to get perfect at something, you have to be bad at it for a while. There is a difference, however, between being bad at it, and deliberately acting to go against the will of Christ. It is Christs will that the poor be fed, the weak defended. Stand against that principle, and you will burn for it in the depths, even as those who tried to feed the poor and protect the weak, but failed, are taken into heaven.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You advocate for the murder of people based on their political belief.

How is that not deliberately going against Christs will?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Antefa... errr.... Antifa?

You'll have to watch the full episodes for all the details on Erran Morad's ATS business card. He wasn't a Mossad agent for 12 years and he's a real expert on all terrorism related issues.

Someone should call him ASAP, the resident damage control team of benevolent Anti-Antifas really could use his advise.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Like I said...

Its Christs job to be perfect NOW. I am not Christ (for which everyone should be very grateful). Being human means that I am flawed, and I accept that. But even with all my flaws, I have the right intentions. You cannot say the same of others.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

However, claiming that voting for a certain position makes you more or less moral is an absurd arguemnt.

If that position is immoral under basic Christian doctrine, then voting for that position is also immoral. Voting is a deed, a work, a fruit, and by their works/fruits they will be judged. Thus says the Lord.

If you want to help poor people, then do it. Dont vote for a position and then feel you are a great person, and everyone who voted the other way is immoral.

If a politician campaigns on Christian values and then uses his elected position and votes to abdicate their Christian values in a way which harms the most vulnerable members of society, then their vote is immoral, according to their own proclaimed standards.

Jesus was against theft.

Not so much.

Luke 6: 29 "If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone takes your cloak, do not withhold your tunic as well."

Luke 6:30 "Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back."

So if you are voting to rob people of their money to give to others, you are not being a christian.

Taxation isn't robbery, according to the Bible, and Jesus explicity said to pay your taxes, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's", so your arguemnt isn't a Christian arggument. It's a hypocrite's or a non-believer's aregument. Which are you?

edit on 29-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Like I said...

Its Christs job to be perfect NOW. I am not Christ (for which everyone should be very grateful). Being human means that I am flawed, and I accept that. But even with all my flaws, I have the right intentions. You cannot say the same of others.

No absolute garbage.

Who are you to speak of other intentions, when you admit to advocating the murder of people based on who the vote for, but still claim you have good intentions.

Look, i get people are willing to overlook your literal calls to kill trump supporters, fine by me.

But I will be damned if I will let you then claim some moral high ground and lecture people on not being good Christians without being properly called out on the murderous claims you advocate for!

Oh and as to the people taht gave your post stars.

Again, isnt this thread irnoic, a call for trump being so bad for saying violence may occur if dems win.

And yet you people are literally approving of a post that says "Sure I have called for the murder of trump supporters, but its cool cause I have good intention!"

Absolutely shameful.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: theantediluvian

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, do you ever let up?

not all of us go belly up for the moron.
Antediluvian brings articles I WANT TO READ. So if you don't like it you have your choices too.
We will NEVER GIVE UP . Never LET UP. Never RELENT.
Don't like it? Get your own forum and ban us.
But here the boards belong to everyone as members in good standing.
I tend to avoid the UFO forum. And the crypto forum. Why? I'm not interested.
I suggest if a topic doesn't interest you you move on and leave the folks who are interested to their discussions.
This comment of yours adds nothing.

His Anti-SJW threads are on line with The Loudmouth's Anti-Antifa stance from this OP. Wait, what?

But... but... but... that's merely a coincidence, obviously. Post a good joke or something? I could use some distraction right now.

edit on 29-8-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Saying not to go after people that rob you is not saying jesus was ok wigth robbery.

Yes, jesus said give unto ceaser, that wasnt him saying it was moral for caeser to demand taxes.

That was him saying you should obey the laws of the land.

But yeah, I get it, this is just more leftist talking points that say anyone who disagree with them is immoral.

I guess we should all just submit to a collectiovist paradise like Maos china.

That place was all about equality and christ like. I mean yeah, 100 million people were murdered, but their intetnions were noble, they just wanted to help poor people.

Never mind that capatilaism and free markets have lifed more people out of poverty than any system in history.

Nope, if you believe in low taxes, you are not christ like.

And meanwhile, we see how the noble left wing people on this thread like true brit call for the klilling of people who voted for trump.

But hey, as long as he votes for higher taxes for the poor, its all cool, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join