It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Leftists Will Crush Christianity if Democrats Win!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I *am* the average American worker, and I'm telling you that they tend to enact policies that can and have benefited me.

Then "they" are not the wolves in sheep's clothing that Jesus was talking about, are they?

I'm talking about politicians that wrap themselves in the flag, carrying a Bible in one hand and a cross in the other, claiming God's blessing upon them, while they funnel money into their own pockets and the pockets of their corrupt collaborators at the detriment of those they made lofty promises to.

If you have a problem with that, then take it up with Jesus, and tell him that he's wrong, that wolves in sheep's clothing are acutally good and beneficial to have around.

edit on 29-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
No he won't. Breathing through that damn tube with what ever substance runs through it make him delusional.
Nothing Hitlery or Obummer has done warrants any scrutiny. They are the illustrious moral high grounders while our current President can't ever ever ever do anything or say anything right. Sad

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Scalise got shot. Antifa has injured multiple people. do they get a pass cuz it was just a few episodes?

Does who get a pass and from whom would they be given it?

This is some of the most toxic identity politicking there is and it's unfortunately ubiquitous but I try to avoid it as much as possible. It's a simple game for sheep: divide society into "us" and "them" along arbitrary lines so that it's possible to obsessively focus on the worst of the worst among "them" to besmirch the opposition while ignoring similar examples within one's own tribe or better, carefully curate one's tribe so that the worst folks are conveniently outside of it.

For instance, you brought up the nut who shot Scalise and Antifa (like Trump) to hold them out as presumed examples of typical left-wingers or as evidence of a significant trend on the left. What about the Right? Do you include violent extremists like the one who ran down Heather Heyer in your tribe? How about the psycho who stabbed two men to death (a recent college grad and any Army vet) when the intervened in his attack on two teenage Muslims girls on a Portland commuter train? Or the guy who traveled to NY last year and stabbed a 66 year-old black man to death in some bizarre plot to stop interracial relationships?

I could go on and on but why? I don't want to be in that trap with you. I don't assume that you have any association to them. I'm not judging you by their actions or accusing you of giving them a pass. You should do the same for me and the other 99.9999% of the Left who isn't engaged in political violence.

I'm not aware of anyone calling for gays to be stoned. if there is such an individual he is a lone outlier.

I gave you an example and he's not a lone outlier. Kevin Swanson hosted the National Religious Liberties Conference. That conference was attended by Sen. Ted Cruz (and his nutty father), ex-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (and Fox News personality and father of the WH spox) and Bobby Jindal who was at the time, Governor of Louisiana.

Here's Swanson and Cruz, on stage (Swanson introducing Cruz), at the event, shaking hands:

At this very same event, Swanson said the following:

To quote his words, "yes, Leviticus 20:13 calls for the death penalty for homosexuals,” Swanson said.

“Yes, Romans chapter one verse 32, the Apostle Paul does say that homosexuals are worthy of death. His words not mine. And I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. And I am not ashamed of the word of God. And I am willing to go to jail for standing on the truth of the word of god.”

And that's just one of countless examples. Here are many more.

Remember Roy Moore? Of course you do. He's appeared at least 5 times on Kevin Swanson's radio show.

Do you need me to name some other similar figures and detail their associations with mainstream Republicans?

are you in favor of the government forcing Christians to do work that violates their beliefs? do we get no rights to practice our faith at all?

No, I'm not in favor of the government forcing Christians to do work that violates their beliefs. If you don't want to sell cakes to gay people, then don't operate a bakery that does business with the public. Nobody is forcing anyone to run a bakery, least of all the government. What they're doing is protecting the right of gay people to be full members of the society that makes that bakery's existence possible.

I'm sure you're familiar with the saying, "Your rights end where mine begin" ?

You can practice your faith right up until the practice of it unduly impinges on the rights of others. Just like you can't go around kidnapping and murdering people if your religion allows it. Nobody has a religious right to deny other people their rights.

the democrat / left is full of Nancy Pelosi types who claim Christianity (especially at re-election time) and spurn its values. and since when have the democrats let the Constitution stand in the way of their politics?

Now you want to talk about fake Christians? Donald Trump is leader of the Republican party. He's cheated on every wife he's ever had. How's that for "Christian values?"

there absolutely is an appetite to use government to attack Christians. I'm sure they'll leave the safe leftist churches alone and concentrate on the Evangelical/Pentecostal types. just like the IRS targeted Tea Party groups and left the progressives alone.

You can be sure of whatever you want, but that's your opinion and your speculation and it's not anything that can be reasonably debated.

It's not my opinion that Donald Trump is running around telling evangelical leaders that he "got rid of" the Johnson Amendment. That's a fact. It's also a fact that he did not "get rid of" the Johnson Amendment and that it would be beyond his power to do so. And if you read the EO, he didn't even do anything substantive to block enforcement.

If and when these pastors act upon this disinformation, violate the law and predictably find their churches at risk of losing their tax-exempt status because of it, will that be an "attack on Christians?"

I remember the 60s and there was nothing like the hatred of today's left.

Then you were too young to realize what was happening in the world or otherwise living in a bubble. I can name about 3 dozen people who were murdered as part of the Civil Rights movement in the 60's alone, including a number of political assassinations. That's just the murders in one decade. The individual acts of violence are uncountable.

We're nowhere near the violent, unhinged, hate fueled response of white conservatives to the end of segregation and Jim Crow laws.

you joke but there is no shortage of leftists who would love to see people like me be 're-educated'. if Hillary (or similar democrat) wins in 2020 you probably won't see me on the boards any more. 'When the days are troubled the prudent stay silent'.

Sigh.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Evidently...
More of Doddering Donald's fear mongering,

Fear not about the damage to the country,
fear about the dems acting quickly ..
to undo some of the damage already done

The reaction won't be violent, by the way

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

No one gives a snip you douche... Why do people like you think we care about stuff like this? Or seeing a picture of your nappy dreads? Or seeing you go for a hike? Get over yourself...

It’s posts like this that keep me coming back here. Don’t like me or what I have to say, suck it up snowflake.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Example. They're trying to force "Christians" to bake cakes they don't want to bake

Yeah, that's a real clear and present danger of violence and death just waiting to erupt.

Meanwhile, conservatives are shooting unarmed people and deporting grandmothers- who's the threat here?
edit on 29-8-2018 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So you're okay with conservative Christian politicians enacting laws that financially benefits them and the likes of the Koch brothers, or George Soros, but hurts the average American worker?
Soros is a sworn enemy to the conservatives by his own hatred. He consistently finds extreme left wing radical groups. I dare you to find one conservative cause he supports.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I *am* the average American worker, and I'm telling you that they tend to enact policies that can and have benefited me.

Then "they" are not the wolves in sheep's clothing that Jesus was talking about, are they?

I'm talking about politicians that wrap themselves in the flag, carrying a Bible in one hand and a cross in the other, claiming God's blessing upon them, while they funnel money into their own pockets and the pockets of their corrupt collaborators at the detriment of those they made lofty promises to.

If you have a problem with that, then take it up with Jesus, and tell him that he's wrong, that wolves in sheep's clothing are acutally good and beneficial to have around.

Care to name any of those ... you know ... that we know who you are referring to...

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So ... you don't vote at all, right, because they all do that, pander I mean.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I understand how this could be seen as fear mongering, but at the same time, realistically I can understand how christians have this fear too. When Donald Trump was doing rallies in Southern California, the intimidation, bullying, and pure hatred that was coming from anti trump mobs that showed up outside the parking lots were scary! There used to be a bunch of videos posted, which is how I came across this.

I work in a very professional environment/office and there are grown men in their 40's and 50's with masters degrees having discreet conversations with others, saying that if they could shoot trump supporters and get away with it, they would. If these were isolated events that would be one thing, but it seems like their are extremely hateful left leaning folks out there everywhere you look... and the kind of hate is not a "I don't like this", it's more of a "I want to end you" type of hate.

I'm sure there are conservatives that feel that way about liberals too but they are definitely on the very small fringe percentage wise. I'm surrounded by conservatives as I was raised in a warm Christian home, and I mostly see decent and good people who want to be a positive presence in their families and communities. I've never personally come across a single conservative who is hateful or advocates violence towards anyone (although again.. I'm sure they are there but they are nowhere close to being mainstream). I wonder, and I ask this sincerely.. can you say the same?

I feel like the same spirit that must have been prevalent in the south during slave days and the civil right's era.. the spirit of hate that a lot of whites seemed to have towards blacks... I feel like that same spirit is alive again but this time not against blacks... I do understand why some on the right are concerned... case in point... see how long you could have a trump sticker on your car in Southern California (and I'm sure many other places) before that car gets vandalized... (this is why you don't see trump stickers... EVER), in SoCal... however I've seen many hundreds (if not thousands) of Hillary and Obama stickers.... conservatives typically are not the type of people to vandalize peoples cars and I'm sure anyone reading this who is honest with themselves will know this to be more or less true. I do understand why some people don't like Donald Trump, I don't agree with that most of the time but I do understand it... but there is definitely a social push amongst the prevailing social popular culture to ostracize anything and everything Donald Trump and those associated or supportive of him. We live in interesting times...
edit on 29-8-2018 by Galacticsun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You heard right folks — if Democrats take the House, we, the Left, will take to the streets, pummeling Christians with our bike locks and tearing apart their churches with our demographically diverse demolition teams.

So your team is bringing a bike lock to a gun fight. Good luck with that move. LOL

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

You heard right folks — if Democrats take the House, we, the Left, will take to the streets, pummeling Christians with our bike locks and tearing apart their churches with our demographically diverse demolition teams.

So your team is bringing a bike lock to a gun fight. Good luck with that move. LOL

There is always that reality. Realistically, if they tried to push it, the left is in a very bad position in this country. They just are not strategically placed to be able to win a new Civil War.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There is always that reality. Realistically, if they tried to push it, the left is in a very bad position in this country. They just are not strategically placed to be able to win a new Civil War.

It won't be a civil war, it will be a race war against people of color. That's the focal point for all the hatred.

www.publicsource.org...
www.washingtonpost.com...

www.naacp.org...
edit on 29-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Care to name any of those ... you know ... that we know who you are referring to...

Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnel and Mike Pence.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It won't be a civil war, it will be a race war against people of color. That's the focal point for all the hatred.

So wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

So ... you don't vote at all, right, because they all do that, pander I mean.

I don't claim to be a conservative Christian, using my position as an elected political official to promote an agenda that starves the poor and enriches the wealthy.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

So you're okay with conservative Christian politicians enacting laws that financially benefits them and the likes of the Koch brothers, or George Soros, but hurts the average American worker?
Soros is a sworn enemy to the conservatives by his own hatred. He consistently finds extreme left wing radical groups. I dare you to find one conservative cause he supports.

Is Democracy NOT a conservative cause? Not that your answer matters, because I never argued that Soros is a conservative Christian, and I'm not here to argue politics, but Christian hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Is Democracy NOT a conservative cause? Not that your answer matters, because I never argued that Soros is a conservative Christian, and I'm not here to argue politics, but Christian hypocrisy.

We live in a Constitutional Republic, not a direct Democracy, and there is a very good reason why we don't have a direct Democracy.

The current fight over SCOTUS should give you some hint as to why that is, and I'll help you out, it has nothing to do with how the country at large votes, but it's far more insular than that.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Oh I guess it was just the wording of your post that put Soros right in with conservative Christians and the Koch Bros. Reminds me of those puzzles where you're supposed to find the one that doesn't match.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Oh I guess it was just the wording of your post that put Soros right in with conservative Christians and the Koch Bros. Reminds me of those puzzles where you're supposed to find the one that doesn't match.

I always find it very entertaining that non-Christians are always such experts on the faith such that they can actually recognize who is and isn't Christian and who is and isn't being a hypocrite.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join