It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Leftists Will Crush Christianity if Democrats Win!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:
(post by Sookiechacha removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So no, how I vote does not make moe more or less christian.

Are you a conservative Christian politician?

So you already know the poor are getting poorer after the tax cuts?

I know that the tax cuts aren't helping the poor, but lowering access to and standards of medical care and food assistance is harmful. Helping the rich while hurting and alienating the most vulnerable of society is not exemplative of Christian values.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

First you are absolutely wrong on tax cuts.

Note I dont think you are immoral or unchristian for that bleief, just factually wrong.

Second no I am not a christian republican running for office yet, though I may be in the future (though I would never invoke religion)

But even those that invoke religion, them wanting to ower taxes to make the economy better for everyone including poor people does not make them not christian like.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

But even those that invoke religion, them wanting to ower taxes to make the economy better for everyone including poor people does not make them not christian like.

But, that isn't what's happening, and that's not what I'm criticizing.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

But, that isn't what's happening, and that's not what I'm criticizing.

You said "e conservative Christian politicians that vote for tax cuts for the rich and food and healthcare cuts for the poor, for example."

They feel these tax cuts will help all people. They feel the healthcare system is bad and hurting people.

You may disagree, but that does not make them un christian.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

They feel these tax cuts will help all people. They feel the healthcare system is bad and hurting people.

I don't believe that for one minute! Nope, nope, nope!

However, should you run and get elected to office, and your goal is, as a Christian, to propose and vote for measure that you truly believe are good for the people affected by the measure, then you are "perfect", as Jesus commended, in your intent, even if you and the system are imperfect by default.
edit on 29-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: theantediluvian

(I’m only half joking. Posting this while working on my New Zealand citizenship forms..)

No one gives a snip you douche...
Why do people like you think we care about stuff like this? Or seeing a picture of your nappy dreads? Or seeing you go for a hike?

Get over yourself...

On topic.

You lost me at "closed door meeting"...
The last time you all complained Trump said something behind "closed doors" it was inaccurate then too.

Oh and in case you were wondering jr. the last thing I worry about is democrats trying to hurt me. I worry about what I'd do to one trying to hurt someone I cared for. You carry a bike lock in a polo sock I carry a glock.

god, you sound like a puss. lol

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I don't believe that for one minute! Nope, nope, nope!

However, should you run and get elected to office, and your goal is, as a Christian, to propose and vote for measure that you truly believe are good for the people affected by the measure, then you are "perfect", as Jesus commended, in your intent, even if you and the system are imperfect by default.

Well then I agree with you on that.

I am just saying we should be judged by our actions as individuals, and to a lesser degree our intetnions.

Someone may advocate a policy you think would be terrible for the poor, but perhaps there reason for advocating it is to help the poor.

They may be wrong, but that deosnt make them immoral.

Now having said that, I agree with you most politicians, even (and especially) those that claim to invoke christianlity, are hypocrites.

But it rarely has to do with the policies they push, and has more to do with how they live their lives.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Someone may advocate a policy you think would be terrible for the poor, but perhaps there reason for advocating it is to help the poor.

They may be wrong, but that deosnt make them immoral.

What makes them immoral is their pretense that they're doing something for the good of the "little people", when in fact they're doing it because it benefits them and those who support them.

Matthew7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Always good to remember, whether a believer or not! Common sense!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yes but that is not a relfection on the policy iteself.

For example, if I am running for office and advocate elminating student loan debt, and I do so just because I have a lot of student loan debt, that would be immoral.

However, it would be perfectly reasonable for another person to run on eliminating this debt, and doing so for very noble reasons.

DSo yes, my intetnion can make me immoral, but the policy itself is not inherently immoral, with very few exceptions.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Nobody but a fool would think for one second Trump actually believes this. Obviously, because it won't happen. What WILL happen is that the House will begin investigations into Trump's behavior, as, and leading up to being, President. Subpoenas, hearings, all those things Trump is mortally frightened of.

The House has to remain in pliant, spineless Republican control to keep Trump safe. That's all he cares about.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Lumenari

As opposed to Biden saying that if the Republicans win, black churches in the south will burn.

You need to source that. That horrible cheat google didn't reveal any results. May I see yours?

I remember most of those myself.
hard to find because they were mostly spoken at small campaign stops and on panel shows. Fox and Breitbart would quote them and then they would go down the memory hole. the media establishment will rarely show anything to make leftists bad and Google is accused (correctly imho) of skewing search results.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ElGoobero

I am a Christian, and let me tell you a couple of home truths...

It is not Christian to refuse someone service because you feel you have permission to discriminate against them, based on your religion.

do Christian business people have any rights at all? will you force them to make swastika cakes? Klan pies?

It is not Christian to support the tax exempt nature of the mega-Churches, because they are not anything other than businesses, nor in fact is is Christian to RUN a mega-church, to BE a person like Joel Osteen or any of those who bare a similar mark upon them, or for that matter any of their followers. Those are cults of personality, not religions.

so do we make you Minister of Religious Stuffs and let you determine which churches are real and which are 'mega' personality cults? whats the cutoff, 500 members? 1000?

These things are deeply anti-christian. Becoming fat from the donations of parishioners, feeding a bloated false god, making discrimination a part of your religious process. None of these things are of Christ, all of them are against his command.

I think thats very judgmental on your part. nobody denies that some of these tv preacher types are fake. who gets to determine which are real and which are not?

are you going to force ministers to marry gay couples? don't they have any right to follow the Bible as they interpret? or will the government interpret for them?

There is nothing anti-Christian about the left, but there is much that is anti-Christian, about Christian Conservatives, so much so that to speak those two words in connection with one another, renders the phrase entire an oxymoron.

where is gay marriage in the Bible? where are multiple genders?
do you give conservative Christians any credit at all for soup kitchens and missions works?
we see our nation drowning in a sea of immorality. free sex, drugs, broken homes. things things are bad for our country and bad for the individuals involved. are we really supposed to shut up and pay our taxes not speak out?

you claim Christianity. does out-of-wedlock sex bother you?
does illegal drug use disturb you?
does antifa bashing peoples heads disturb you?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

WTF?,the majority that support Trump are christians,the liberals are the heathens,what kind of fool post's such crap a liberal,poorly written

You desperately need to get out and meet some normal people.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
original stuff by Antedeluvian, and my well-reasoned response to same

Okay, let's play stupid games. How many people have Antifa killed? None? Okay, how many people have right-wing fascists in this country killed in the last year? There's violence everywhere and 99.9% of it has nothing to do with politics.

Scalise got shot. Antifa has injured multiple people. do they get a pass cuz it was just a few episodes?

The Left isn't anti-Christian. It's pro-whatever-you-want. The Right on the other hand seems chock full of folks who use religion as a justification for discrimination. That's how you end up with a guy who is well known for ranting about how gays should be stoned to death, holding a "religious freedoms" convention attended by three Republican presidential candidates (Cruz, Jindal, Huckabee).

I'm not aware of anyone calling for gays to be stoned. if there is such an individual he is a lone outlier.
are you in favor of the government forcing Christians to do work that violates their beliefs? do we get no rights to practice our faith at all?

No, they won't. First off, it's just absurd to think they would want to. Your concept of the Democrats is probably some skewed nonsense where it's 1/3 Mulsim and 2/3 radical atheist. In reality, 60% self-identify as Christian (vs 83% for Republicans — and Catholics are split evenly @ ~20% of each). They're both at or around 1% Muslim. The biggest differences are that there are twice as many unaffiliated (28% vs 14%) in the Democratic party (or lean Dem) and 38% of Republicans identify are evangelicals vs 16% Dem.

Secondly, there's a thing called the Constitution that prevents Congress from picking on any religion and if a law somehow managed to pass, it wouldn't be upheld by SCOTUS.

There's no appetite for it and there's no way to pull it off. Now you're standards are all screwed up. You see getting sued for discrimination as a religious attack when in reality, it's the person desiring to discriminate who is wronging the other person and in the name of religion.

the democrat / left is full of Nancy Pelosi types who claim Christianity (especially at re-election time) and spurn its values. and since when have the democrats let the Constitution stand in the way of their politics?

there absolutely is an appetite to use government to attack Christians. I'm sure they'll leave the safe leftist churches alone and concentrate on the Evangelical/Pentecostal types. just like the IRS targeted Tea Party groups and left the progressives alone.

Except maybe from today's Right? Actually, both statements would be untrue because this is far from the worst US history has to offer. It's not even the worst in many peoples' lifetimes, like you know, anyone who was alive in the 60s.

I remember the 60s and there was nothing like the hatred of today's left.

Well, it's certainly you're right to have all the asinine opinions you want (until the Left takes over and then BOOM re-education camp for you comrade!).

you joke but there is no shortage of leftists who would love to see people like me be 're-educated'.
if Hillary (or similar democrat) wins in 2020 you probably won't see me on the boards any more. 'When the days are troubled the prudent stay silent'.
edit on 29-8-2018 by ElGoobero because: fix quote

edit on 29-8-2018 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2018 by ElGoobero because: fix quote

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I have to go with President Trump on this one. He’s a smart cookie. The left has demonstrated violence in the past and showes no love for basic Christian values or any kind of values frankly.
The destruction of civil war monuments was as shocking to me as the apparent need to change the history books because they don’t like the story. So anything is possible.

The Left has demonstrated violence? No, a small percentage of people have engaged in violence which is entirely true of the Right as well. The most significant difference is probably entirely in your head with how you paint everyone on the left with the worst actions of the few whereas when it comes to you and the Right, you either ignore the bad actors or pretend that they're not right-wing.

What "basic Christian values" are you referring to?

What do Confederate monuments have to do with "Christian values" or for that matter, history books? It's ironic that you mention "changing the history books" in this context considering how widespread revisionism is on the Right in regards to the Civil War and more recently, the Civil Rights Era.

Clearly those statues haven't been doing anything for anyone.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

What makes them immoral is their pretense that they're doing something for the good of the "little people", when in fact they're doing it because it benefits them and those who support them.

A politician's job is to represent his or her constituents. Those would be to some extent "the little people" you refer to.

I know that when my local rep votes for tax cuts for my family and to end or lessen the effects of Obamacare in this area, I am happy. Those things are ruinous to us -- high income taxes and even bronze level plan would bankrupt us.

Sometimes, the costs and benefits of certain policies echo differently up the chain. You are all so big on wealth transfer, but in order to take from some of give to others, there are always, always going to be those who suffer and sometimes suffer a lot.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
double
edit on 29-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you're okay with conservative Christian politicians enacting laws that financially benefits them and the likes of the Koch brothers, or George Soros, but hurts the average American worker?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

So you're okay with conservative Christian politicians enacting laws that financially benefits them and the likes of the Koch brothers, or George Soros, but hurts the average American worker?

I *am* the average American worker, and I'm telling you that they tend to enact policies that can and have benefited me.

Sometimes, the policies enacted by your sainted leftists can and have benefited big business and big politicians. Who do you think benefited out of Obamacare? It certainly wasn't the "average American worker."

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join