It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Leftists Will Crush Christianity if Democrats Win!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You heard right folks — if Democrats take the House, we, the Left, will take to the streets, pummeling Christians with our bike locks and tearing apart their churches with our demographically diverse demolition teams. Come XMAS you'll be inflating your Santa lawn decorations in the basement.

I struggle for words to express the horror of the Holocaustesque calamity which will befall the faithful when the many protections provided by King Donald the Benevolent are violently revoked. Except perhaps to say that if you didn't think you could say "Merry Christmas" before, you ain't seen nothing yet!

That is of course if the Petulant Prince is to believed — and of course, he isn't.

Trump to evangelicals: There’ll be ‘violence’ if we lose the House

President Trump warned evangelical leaders in a closed-door meeting that there would be “violence” if Republicans lose the House in the November midterm elections.

“You’re one election away from losing everything that you’ve got,” Trump told the gathering, according to recorded excerpts reviewed by NBC News, comparing the GOP’s Democratic opponents to violent anti-fascist protesters.

“They will overturn everything that we’ve done and they’ll do it quickly and violently, and violently. There’s violence. When you look at Antifa and you look at some of these groups — these are violent people,” the president said at the Monday meeting.

“The level of hatred, the level of anger is unbelievable. Part of it is because of some of the things I’ve done for you and for me and for my family, but I’ve done them,” he continued.

“This Nov. 6th election is very much a referendum on not only me, it’s a referendum on your religion, it’s a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment.”

Even for Trump this irrational demagoguery is particularly incoherent but even more than that, it's disgusting. I'm not posting this because I expect any minds to be changed. And frankly, who among us can muster any more shock at the stuff that comes out of this clown's mouth hole? Even now that he's promising mass violence and an effective end to Christianity if Democrats take the House — we're so numb to this # that it'll be forgotten by tomorrow.

I'm putting this here for future reference, for the next time somebody feigns disbelief that we're not all feeling the warm fuzzy unifying love they do.

The other thing that was discussion worthy about today's wtfery was his continuing claim to have "gotten rid of" the Johnson Amendment, the part of the tax code that prohibits 501c3 non-profits like Churches from endorsing candidates.

He didn't. In fact, it's not within his power to do so. What he did do was sign an EO instructing the Treasury Department to not enforce the law... sort of. It actually says:

The Secretary of the Treasury shall ensure, to the extent permitted by law, that the Department of the Treasury does not take any adverse action against any individual, house of worship, or other religious organization on the basis that such individual or organization speaks or has spoken about moral or political issues from a religious perspective, where speech of similar character has, consistent with law, not ordinarily been treated as participation or intervention in a political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) a candidate for public office by the Department of the Treasury.

Which is pretty meaningless. Don't do anything you can't do that you normally wouldn't otherwise do anyway? Sure, okay. At any rate, he sure does seem to be encouraging evangelical leaders to disregard the law and potentially risk losing their churches' tax-exempt status.

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, do you ever let up?

+31 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
is there violence on the left? yes, see antifa.

is the left anti-Christian? yes, they sue Christian companies for not making gay cakes and have tried for years to pull tax-exempt status.

most likely though if/when the dems ever retake control of the USA they will attack the Christian community with regulations and lawsuits and tax procedures, not to mention the usual media and academic hostility.

***“The level of hatred, the level of anger is unbelievable. Part of it is because of some of the things I’ve done for you and for me and for my family, but I’ve done them,” he continued.***

the USA has never seen political hatred like its seeing from today's left. I have no doubt they will vent full force on the USA's Christians (and other conservatives) if/when they get the chance. look at how New York prosecutors are targeting Trump-related organizations.
edit on 28-8-2018 by ElGoobero because: add relevant content

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Yep this is hyperbolic and dumb.

More fear mongering to drive up support, and it is absurd.

But this is par for the course sadly.

I remember all the way back to before the election during the conventions people discussing how "dark" trumps speech was.

Yet no one batted an eye as democrats and media people claimed trump would round up gay people, outlaw abortion, kick all brown people out of the country, and make women second class citizens.

It was dumb when they did it, and its dumb for trump to be doing it now.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I agree with Trump on this one.

And when you say "we on the left" do you mean US left or EU left ?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter, it's hard to see the dems winning. I guess that's why they are preempting with the pity party.

It is what it is I guess.

👍

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Maybe this is the reason for the creation of a new “religious” arm of the DOJ?

Holy SWAT teams to protect Christians from evil communist liberals.

(I’m only half joking. Posting this while working on my New Zealand citizenship forms..)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Will you also be making the trans-people teach their children evolution in the bathroom?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

(I’m only half joking. Posting this while working on my New Zealand citizenship forms..)

See ante, hes only half joking.

Trump says violence will harm christians if the left wins.

People think that if trump holds power, or god forbid Pence is put in office, we will have a religous swat team or something, or as I heard others put it, we will turn into the handmaidens tale

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I have no doubt they will vent full force on the USA's Christians (and other conservatives) if/when they get the chance. look at how New York prosecutors are targeting Trump-related organizations.

Trump is a Christian Conservative?

Oh, I forgot, his favorite book is the Bible.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
...or as I heard others put it, we will turn into the handmaidens tale

Is that the one where you can fornicate with nubile young woman while your wife watches? And this is a bad thing?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

People think that if trump holds power, or god forbid Pence is put in office, we will have a religous swat team or something, or as I heard others put it, we will turn into the handmaidens tale

I’m more worried that you won’t even notice it until it’s already happened.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Lol! What would we do without Trump to tell us what to be afraid of?

And there are no Christians who vote democrat? I did not know that.

Man oh man. What a fear monger. Ugh.

+22 more 
link   

As opposed to Biden saying that if the Republicans win, black churches in the south will burn.

Or if the Republicans win, the children will starve.

Or if the Republicans win, they will push grandma in her wheelchair over the cliff.

Or in the latest case, if the Republicans win, the economy will crash.

Or if the Republicans win, women will not longer be in control of their health care.

Or if the Republicans win, women will be barefoot in the kitchen.

It's politics.

Same sad crap the left has toted out every election cycle.

They need new material.

As do you.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...or as I heard others put it, we will turn into the handmaidens tale

Is that the one where you can fornicate with nubile young woman while your wife watches? And this is a bad thing?

Only from the perspective of the dinners the wife is not making while she is forced to watch.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Hahahahaha!

you sound exactly like what you are complaining about trump doing, and you dont even realize it!

Awesome!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Bwhahaha

Like the left is going to win.....

Too funny

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'm scared of you. I think you came to fulfil a prophecy.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

That fear can work both ways, and you on the left lose sight of that fact. If you're afraid, well your own side's rhetoric and actions haven't been inspiring of trust over the years.

Look, Shapiro explained it best, and I get what he's saying.

A lot of people on the left look at people of faith as the ultimate cynics. Those people look at us as bigots first, foremost and only. We're simply bigots who hide behind empty protestations of faith. They cannot comprehend that we actually do have true and sincere faith and when we do and say the things we do, we are motivated by faith and not by internal bigotry or prejudice.

That comes from being people who don't believe themselves and are used to seeing their own leaders make cynical, empty appeals to faith and making the same themselves.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Violent Leftists Will Crush Christianity if Democrats Win!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join