It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN trump tower story might be most embarassing moment for journalism in trump era

page: 1

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
These arent my words, but those of super left wing and trump disliking journalist Glenn Greenwald.

Here is a clip, start at 14:45 minutes and go on for about 6 minutes.

So in short here is what happened.

In late July (27th I htink) CNN runs a story that they have sources that say Trumps former lawyer cohen will tell mueller that trump knew about the trump tower meeting with russians before the meeting.

Importantly, CNN says in this same interview that they have reached out to cohens lawyer, Lanny Davis, and he would not comment.

So several other sites like the washington post (i think) also report they have heard this from an unnamed source.

Lanny Davis then gets asked on Anderson Coopers show weeks later (this past week I think) how he is saying cohen told the truth in front of congress, when he told congress he had know knowledge of trump knowing of the trump tower meeting. Lanny says Cohen did tell the truth to congress, and cohen has no knowledge of trump knowing of that meeting.

This presents a real big problem. Because it turns out that the source for the original CNN story saying Cohen did know trump knew about the meeting was....

Lanny Davis!

Thats right, the very source for CNN story is on a CNN show saying the story is a lie.

Yet CNN does nothing and lets the story run.

However, the other outlets that ran the original story also used Lanny as their source. So Lanny is forced to publicly say that he was the source of all of these stories, and he was just misunderstood or something (he lied).

So the other news outlets publicly out that lanny was their source, and retract that story.

However, and this is where it gets really good, because CNN orginally lied to their audience with the story and claimed that they contacted Lanny davis for comment and he refused to comment, CNN had to make up that there were other sources.

Due to that, they are in the awkward position of not being able to retract the story or else they would have to admit to lying. SO they are just acting like the story is true, despite the fact that their very source and the actual lawyer for the person who supposedly made the claimns in the story is saying its not true.

Absolutely hilarious.

Meanwhile, Greenwald says he and other journalists have contacted CNN to see how this could happen, and they are tranfered to the PR department that refuses to answer questions.

There you have it folks.

CNN lying to their audience and refusing to come clean about it, all in an attempt to push a fake story to make trump look bad.

But dont call them out on it, or you are hurting the free press and our country!

edit on 28-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I understand the gist of the thread and see where it is you're coming from.

But Glenn isn't what I'd describe as super left. He is left, but he used to be a lawyer and plays devils advocate, also has a bone to pick with the media.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

But Glenn isn't what I'd describe as super left. He is left, but he used to be a lawyer and plays devils advocate, also has a bone to pick with the media.

Well I mean far left in that he is a progressive that is highly skeptical of any war on bombing that this country does, and criticized Obama for that.

He would be further left in my estimation than Hillary, Obama, pretty much everyone until you get to bernie.

But yes, he certainly dislikes the media

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Don't put what you 'think' in the post.

"So several other sites like the washington post (i think) also report they have heard this from an unnamed source. "

Just put the facts, other wise good post.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

"So several other sites like the washington post (i think) also report they have heard this from an unnamed source. "

kind regards,

bally

I put I think cause I couldnt say if it was the washington post or washington times, or examiner, and it is irrelvant in that all that matter were other outlets reported it, and did the right thing by retracting it.

I was unable to find the article on which one of these papers did the story and retracted it, and I wanted to make sure people werent taking my word for it as definitive.

Sorry if that bummed you out.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
CNN at the start of it's run; "The NEWS is the story"

CNN after the first Gulf War to current; "Make up the story, and run with it"

I'm sure CNN's defense will be saying that it was just a Commentator and not from a News Anchor. Sad, just sad how far the fallen have fallen. On the flip side I heard that CNN will be starting a new program about Geology, so that they can continue to justify digger their hole deeper.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

All's good. Didn't "Bum" me out. But you could get trashed by others here if the facts and proof aren't outlined.

I'm with you.

Bally

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

kind regards,

bally

Keep the opinions and unproven to a minimum or you might be confused with a CNN journalist, ya?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Similar to my focus with what I quoted.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
more evidence that

CNN is not interested in informing people

it is interested in promoting the political left and destroying the political right

at the moment personified in President Trump.

as long as they can promote their cause they don't care if they're accurate.

breaks my heart to think of the well-meaning innocents who watch CNN in good faith wanting to be informed
and instead being indoctrinated.

turn CNN off people. turn them off.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

All's good. Didn't "Bum" me out. But you could get trashed by others here if the facts and proof aren't outlined.

I'm with you.

Bally

I appreciate the suggestion.

Its just in my head I make a calculus that I would rather be up front with people and let them no when I am not quite sure of something than state it as a fact and later be found wrong.

I really dont care if others jump on me for that.

Better that than someone come on and say "you said the washington post ran it but it was the washington examiner! You are a liar and we shouldnt trust anything you write!"

If it was crcial to the thread or story, then I wouldnt have written the thread or story until I verified that was what the fact was.

But seeing as how it was a very minor side point and the exact name of the outlet did absolutely nothing to change the topic, I didnt want to go through days of my history to find the article.

Ironically I have now spent more time discussing why I put I think than I had just done that.

But it is all good, I appreciate the suggestion.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

CNN lying to their audience and refusing to come clean about it, all in an attempt to push a fake story to make trump look bad. "

Isn't that what CNN has been doing for the Last 10 Years or so , and Still Dumbahass People watch that Crap ? FRAUD NEWS ...This is CNN.........

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yep keep telling me about the integrity of the 4th estate people, the days of quality journalism are dead.

I read earlier that after it broke CNN still had the headline reading that Davis had no comment, when he was the source... it really is kind of sad they are so lost.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. I don't subscribe to CNN, not that I could get it where I live but I do watch the news every morning.

While local politics here is the focus presently, it's not just Trump that cops it. I see all leaders of the world being criticised
by the media. Nothing positive.

Strange trend.

bally

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Danger
Danger

CNN = Domestic TERRORIST.

Danger
Danger

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

All I can say is anytime you turn boob tube on there are liberals spewing lies,false scenarios,nothing socially redeeming,only an idiot would believe them

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

There you have it folks.

CNN lying to their audience and refusing to come clean about it, all in an attempt to push a fake story to make trump look bad.

Thought that was common sense by now.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So, Glenn Greenwald tells this story. Any other source, something in writing perhaps?
Because right there it sounds.. unbelievable, literally.

Discl.: I do not follow Fox News, CNN or any other us-american News site. If this is "common knowledge", it is not to me. Give me sources, pretty please

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

As well as that, Davis, while admitting to having lied to CNN,[he says]...he also admitted to being 'one' of the sources, so there are other sources if you go with the flow, and that CNN has already published a story on Davis's penchant for changing stories.
On top of that, Trump's presence at the tower meeting has been the subject of intel discussion ever since the meeting was known given that Trump tower was undoubtedly under surveillance, perhaps especially because Manafort had access
there.

new topics

top topics

join