It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Poll: 6 in 10 Ready for U.S. Woman Leader

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
We're being set up for a Condi V Hillary run. As of this weekend, CNN was dedicating mad free air time to coverage of the Condi 2008 groups running clips that might as well have been campaign ads. Arnie has been dropped. McCain is being headed off. It's a woman's world in '08 unless this is some ploy to make Jeb palatable to sexist pigs.

Simultaneous coverage of Hillary being less polarizing than ever is coming out too. (While everybody still bashes Dean).
I don't know what the deal is. I can't imagine the RNC finding a bigger failure or target than Condi to run, but if it's to make Hillary President maybe that's why. Just a bizarre world we live in.

I think the neocons and Clintonistas are much more in cahoots than people are willing to admit.

The best thing going in real politics of the people now is Dean stealing the DNC chair via grassroots support against Clinton's wishes. He's going to be a serious monkey wrench to any complicit intraparty shenanigans.

Nobody with integrity can defame that man's honesty or passion or compassion. (Opening for those with no integrity to continue to try).

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't believe it, when it comes to gender and race our country is still in the dark ages.

People may want to and wish for, but at the end they will turn their backs to it.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I don't believe it, when it comes to gender and race our country is still in the dark ages.People may want to and wish for, but at the end they will turn their backs to it.

Hmmm he is either not married or his s/o does not read over his shoulder. Cause if I held those opinions around my house, I would be sleeping out in the garage or the car

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Hmmm he is either not married or his s/o does not read over his shoulder. Cause if I held those opinions around my house, I would be sleeping out in the garage or the car

Sorry but reality strike, we make one something but as usually is not up to us to make the decisions of who and how our country is run.

We are just given the illusion of it.

I predict perhaps a female to run for offices or two, but at the end is the white middle class and middle age male Americans the ones to pull the strings.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I for one would welcome our new female overlord, then everyone would finally see that a female president can be just as corruptable, ruthless, power hungry, and war mongering as a male president. Maybe that will put an end to the fairy tale belief that a female presidency would be all about kisses and snuggles and spreading world peace.

The elitist agenda will be carried on no matter the chromosomes of the puppet that is paraded before you. The female savior might just turn out to be an American Catherine the Great or Bloody Queen Mary.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a women president ok maybe... But Hilary is a SORRY excuse for an amercian... but hey she was home baking cookies for her daughter..

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
So someone is reporting that 6 out of 10 people are ready for a woman president. I wonder if that would be the same poll workers that predicted Kerry would win the election? We may eventually have a female president because my mother has always told me it would be the end of days when a woman is president. I'm thinking no more mister nice guy, launch those nukes when a female president gets ticked off. Of course who I choose in any election all boils down to the issues and where the candidates stand.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
In 1994, NY Govenor Pataki picked a female Lieutenant Governor, Betsy McCaughey Ross. They then had a falling out basically because she wouldn't tow the Party agenda to a tee (wouldn't just support the good old boy agenda if it wasn't the right thing to do). She switched parties afterwards but unfortunately the Democrats gave her the attitude that, she hadn't paid her dues on their side and wouldn't support her. This was a huge mistake for both parties, letting this one slip away.

She was a brilliant woman with a stunning mind and demeanor. I have no idea where she is now, but here is someone who could lead a nation "for the people". Of course, that is never what we are offerred, male or female (a brilliant mind with the best interests of the country being their first priority), but I would put money on the fact that she would solve almost all the problems this nation faces in one term.

The Republicans have a few men up their sleeve that would probably prohibit them from putting a woman there first, but if Hillary were to run and they wanted to beat her flat out with another woman Jeanine Pirro would could take on Hillary in a heartbeat and win hands down.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If hillary runs it will be the death of the democratic party, If she won it would be the start of a new civil war.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It's beginning to look like I'll be voting for the libertarian candidate again. Hillary has been in the spotlight alot, and trying hard to present herself as much a moderate as possible, and well, condi would be a good opponent for her as the two parties try to get the notoriety of being the party to place the first women in the office.
I definately wouldn't vote for Condi.
I like Hillary much more as my state senator.....that way, she is only working to screw up my state, not my nation.....
and well, I wouldn't vote for either,
What about Obama, or whatever his name was....he was kind of impressive.....more impressive than Kerry.

On a side note though, ever noticed that when chatting with muslims, just how quick they are to point out that we've never had a women president, while these muslim countries.....no matter how oppressive they seem to be towards women, have had women leaders.....
If we do put a women into office, will it be because we all feel she is worthy of the office, or will it be just to prove we are kind to women, treating her as equals while at the same time so many women are left out on the streets because bush has decimated their security net....

I am not enthiused about have a couple of women running for president in '08......since I think it would be more just to prove something, I mean look at Bush, he has women and minorities all over the place, but at the same time, he seems to be deminishing their standing, or at least endangering it.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Oh yeah and the boys in the "secret handshake club" really care what the plebs think .. im sure...

I dont think I'll see a ethnic president im my life time just look what they did to the only catholic!!
I think i might catch the first woman prez in 20 or so years though... heres hoping.

Look at the problems facing women.. the space program should be COMPLETELY female.. they use less O2 they have a better power to weight ratio (thats why they excell at wll climbing for example) but no.. men do it.. coz theyre the jocks.. and women.. well they breed and cook. We give boys toy planes to play with and girls get placic babies to practice for their role as mother, still alot to be done to get equality.

[edit on 23/2/2005 by Corinthas]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
the space program should be COMPLETELY female.. they use less O2
.. still alot to be done to get equality.

So if something is completely female that equates to equality in some people's minds? As far as efficiency in the space program, robots don't use any oxygen and would be far more efficient than sending humans into space. We want the human factor in space instead of being the most efficient possible. I suppose though there are some people out there who believe the president and the president's cabinet needs to be all female for decades so that women can equal decades of male presidents. Apply that same reasoning to sports and I think you may have a civil war on your hands.

I believe the attitude that it's ok to bash males will need to change before I ever vote for a female president. Unless of course men achieve equality by it becoming just as socially acceptable to bash females as much as we get bashed. I wonder if O2 studies have been done to compare a talking female versus a quiet male. The studies may have some hot air in them (joke).

Regarding a previous post, I don't recall any female rulers of Saudi Arabi or Afghanistan where women's rights haven't been as popular as the west. Of course I haven't studied Middle East history so maybe some of those countries have had female presidents while the US hasn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join