It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Poll: 6 in 10 Ready for U.S. Woman Leader

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A recent poll has shown that more than 60 percent of U.S. voters feel that the nation is ready for a female president. Furthermore more than 53 percent identified Hillary Clinton and indicated that she should run for the office. Other polls have also pointed to Clinton as the presumptive favorite to run for the Democrats in 2008. Other noted female candidates include Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and North Carolina Sen. Elizabeth Dole.

story.news.yahoo.com
ALBANY, N.Y. - More than six in 10 voters say they believe the United States is ready for a female president, a poll found.

The poll, conducted by the Siena College Research Institute and sponsored by Hearst Newspapers, also found that 81 percent of people surveyed would vote for a woman for president and 53 percent think New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton should try for the job.

Other polls have identified the former first lady as the voters' favorite for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hillary by far is the highest profile female politician that has been mentioned in a presidential run. It will be interesting to see how the bloggers and pundits take to her record. As we saw in the 2004 election, they have the potential to be a devisive force and may find plenty of fodder with Hillary. From Whitewater to the whole Vince Foster incident, it will be interesting to see how things shake out. Right now the Republicans are truly an open field for 2008 and if they make the same mistake the Democrats made in 2004 and nominate a party stooge ala John Kerry, Hillary may have a much easier time of things.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm ready for a woman leader, but her name is Condoleezza not Hillary!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Condoleeza....

I'm ready for a woman leader..She will be what this world needs, someone who shows compassion...We need her NOW.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Condi is a very intelligent woman, but there are certain things in Hillary's character that I appreciate more, plus the fact that she is woman who has had to go thru real family issues such as having a family and a cheating spouse, BUT still she isn't my ideal candidate for the first female president, though i think she has a good chance for 2008.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This will be interesting. There is a new insurgence of the Muckraker, and they as a whole have no bias. The republican blogs are just as strong and vocal as the democratic blogs. Besides, with everyone posting on them tending to feel very passionately about what they believe, there will be a lot of willing, volunteer researchers looking into every nook and cranny of any presidential candidate. 2008 could get really ugly without the candidates even paying for one ad.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes, we are long overdue for a woman leader, but it's not Hillary. for those of you who think Bush split the country just wait and see when HRC steps into the ring.

Although, the US is split no matter who runs and lately I haven't noticed any nation that isn't. This scares me more than anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The United States of America will be ready for a female president in about a million years!

For now, we don't need no skirt in the Oval Office playing leader.

Not meaning to sound like a sexist or nothing like that, but be for real.

A woman will get the country in more trouble trying to "prove herself" than anyone could imagine.

No offense to our female members, but everyones got to accept the fact that it's a man's world and nothing less!

EDIT: I'll admit there are some very brilliant women in leadership positions. Margaret Thatcher was a brilliant leader but even the likes of her shouldn't be Commander-in-Chief!

Good grief! We're already letting 18 year old females vote! What more do you want?

[edit on 22/2/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Condoleeza....

Hillary

Who says that Hillary is the answer to having a female president? Can't wait for Rove to get a hold of her. No doubt there is much more hidden in that closet than Kerry ever had.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Fred,

Where do you see that i mentioned Hillary?

I said a woman..and not condi, no one will want the remnants of the old Bush administration in 2008.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm not sure this country is ready for a woman president. Maybe V-P??
Personally, I think HRC would so polarize this country...well, I shudder at the thought.

If fiction mimics reality, I'd say we may be closer to having a black man as president. Black men have been the President in several movies and at least one highly successful TV show.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Fred,
Where do you see that i mentioned Hillary?

I said a woman..and not condi, no one will want the remnants of the old Bush administration in 2008.

Simmer down now
I was just expressing my opinion of Hillary, yes you did not mention Hillary, i kind of made that assumption gd. sorry

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Fred- did i sound excited?
I'm sorry...its this latin temper...icant help it..I still love you

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
No offense Intelearthling? Everything you've said is offensive and and yes you meant it! Other than that, screw all the presidents!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I would love to see a female as president, unfortunately we'll never have what I think would be a good idea: a black female lesbian president with a great interest in space exploration.

If the votes were between Hilary and con, I'd choose Hilary.
Maybe Oprah would should run for president, shed get a huge vote percentage.

Intel, that was rude. even if you meant to be or not.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
dgtempe....

You need a women to bring compassion into the white house???

ROFL... Hilary who calls her secret service guard " Pigs" and is as cold as steel on a siberian plateau, and...
Ms Rice....OFM!
this is the women who has the eyes of a 1000 yard sniper? and a face to match???

rofl... the last thing you need is one of these two....

But, i guess Hilary all ready has 8 years as president of the USA, so why not another 8??

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
...No offense to our female members, but everyones got to accept the fact that it's a man's world and nothing less!

Good grief! We're already letting 18 year old females vote! What more do you want?
[edit on 22/2/05 by Intelearthling]

Do you honestly believe the drivel you posted or are you just attempting to get a rise out of people? For shame if it's the former.

As to the topic at hand - ieven if people are ready to vote for a women - is there currently a woman out there who is worth voting for? But then again - I'm not really thrilled about some of males who are being bantered around as possibilities either.

IMO Condaleeza and Hilary are carrying too much baggage, it would have to be someone who was known but not too controversial - someone like Ann Richards would be worth a look.

B.

[edit on 2/22/05 by Bleys]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
*Feels like she took One Step Beyond and is now in The Twighlight Zone*

I am the only one here saying a woman would be a great change of pace for this country?

OMG, give me a break.
Who needs MEN to rule? MEN who like wars, who start wars, who'se only dream is war?

Its time for a WOMAN. a post menapausal woman, that is, (so she cant be accused of PMSing) A woman who will bring dignity back to the United States Of America...this great country of ours. A WOMAN WHO HAS COMPASSION- I didnt say Hillary, but if she can fit the bill, well...why not?

Or maybe a Jane Smith who has yet to do some great things and will be ready in 2008.

A WOMAN.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo
ROFL... Hilary who calls her secret service guard " Pigs" and is as cold as steel on a siberian plateau, and...

This actually is true BTW: From my signature:

"My personal trained Pigs!"
-Hillary Clinton's opinion of her Secret Service guards; Unlimited Access, p. 90, by Gary Aldrich, Regency Publishing, Inc. 1996.
And, back at Yale, Hillary helped edit the Yale Review of Law and Social Action, a left-wing journal which promoted cop-killing and featured cartoons of pig-faced police. (Barbara Olson, Hell to Pay, 1999 pp. 59-61)

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ann Richards of the "Born with a silver foot in his mouth" fame?

George W. Bush beat her in Texas no way she'd ever President! Keep looking...

I think the first the woman President will be a Republican, although I admit Hillary does have a chance.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
IMO - they'll give it to Hillary so she can take the flack for dealing with $50+ trillions of dollars of national debt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join