It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Ohr says FBI Knew About Bias Before Getting a FISA On Carter Page

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeah. Because out of context leaks are sort of hard to take seriously.

Maybe the transcript will be released after the election.

Oh
Interesting that reason seldom stops any here from opining.
Even a "he didn't say that" usually gets thrown out.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

"I think that's what we're learning, that well into president-elect Trump's period, they were continuing to use false evidence to maintain surveillance effectively on the president," Rep. Darrell Issa, R-California, told reporters.

ABC news has picked up on this.

thehill.com...

“Thus far, [Ohr] has done nothing but exacerbate my concerns that the FISA process has been abused,” Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Texas), a House Judiciary Committee member, told The Hill.

“I would expect that his testimony and transcript today would be of interest to United States Attorney John Huber, who I understand has been tasked with investigating specifically whether or not the FISA process was abused as it related to obtaining a warrant on an American citizen named Carter Page,” Ratcliffe said.

Now, House Republicans are suggesting the FBI withheld key information in their application in order to obtain a warrant. “Not only did the FBI know that the dossier was unverified, but they also knew there was real credibility issues or it would never end up in a courtroom because of the inherent way it was collected and the bias that was associated with that,” said Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), one of the fiercest DOJ critics, noting that lawmakers have to verify such claims.

FISA applications go through a rigorous vetting and editing process at the FBI and DOJ in order to prevent unsubstantiated information from making it to the surveillance court. Not only is the FBI’s supervisory special agent required to sign “under penalty of perjury” that the information put it the FISA application is “true and correct,” but senior officials at the FBI and DOJ must also sign off on the application.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
First impressions are accurate most of the time. The minute I saw Bruce Ohr's picture I believed he was a very weak person . I also had the realization that if anyone was going to flip it was going to be him . We've all heard rumors about the closed door meeting. Now I can't wait to read the transcript which will be released after Labor Day.

But as of now I believe Mueller is up s*#t creek without a Ohr.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 14377

Now I can't wait to read the transcript which will be released after Labor Day.

I haven't read that the transcript will be released. Could you please link a source for that?

But as of now I believe Mueller is up s*#t creek without a Ohr.

I don't think mueller as much as those "working" on the "investigation" prior to muller being appointed. Wouldn't mueller assume the warrants were obtained legally?
I suspect it is one of the reasons we have not had any us citizens indicted with "russia investigation" crimes and only process crimes.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Reports on the transcript being released came from Kellyanne Conway. Sorry I don't have a link .

When you read this article and see all the people that were involved. I sincerely doubt Mueller didn't know about the problems with authenticity of the document .

I might've overstepped my bounds with speculation. So we'll need to wait for the transcript for confirmation .

Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, a member of the Judiciary Committee told Fox News late Tuesday that Ohr gave lawmakers "a list of half a dozen" senior FBI and DOJ officials knew about his involvement with ex-British spy Christopher Steele, the author of the dossier that contained unverified claims about Trump's ties to Russia.

Dossier

But you're right at this point it's all speculation. We need the transcript for confirmation .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join