It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Ohr says FBI Knew About Bias Before Getting a FISA On Carter Page

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So how does the Public Demand Cleaning House in the DOJ and FBI ? Storm Statehouses ? A March on Washington ? Criminal Behavior like this Warrants Punishments . Who will be Picked as the First Sacrificial Lamb ?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Time to get that lawyer in Utah some help I think, looks like the workload will be going up and up and up.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Where is the "usual" deflection committee at on this?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Well I will sub in for them if thats ok with everyone.

First and foremost, we dont know exactly what was said in this hearing, and so there is a chance it is being misrepresented.

Also, if the fact that Ohr was back channeling for the fired steele to the FBI, while his wife worked for fusion GPS hasnt disturbed people already, why would this testimony be any different.

But yeah, to me, this is important news, IF true.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

In other FRAUD NEWS , CNN has just Reported that President Trump was Killed in a Plane Crash on Nov. 22nd 2016 . The Man Presently in the White House is an Impostor !

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Just watching a replay of Fox news....

Supposedly, Ohr today named 6 individuals at the FBI that he had informed of he and his wife's association with Fusion GPS and Steele.

This has a ring of truth to it, that is about the only thing that would explain why he hasn't been canned instead of demoted twice.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Question is: did they continue to spy on Trump when he was confirmed winner of the election, i.e. President elect. And if they spied on him when he was already president. And if they still do.
edit on 28-8-2018 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Question is: did they continue to spy on Trump when he was confirmed winner of the election, i.e. President elect. And if they spied on him when he was already president. And if they still do.

Bigger Question: did Trump know it and make the play of a lifetime

He did beat the highest funded and most powerful political Campaign in history.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ohr seemed to confirm the FBI/DOJ was leaking specific "information" to MSM and using the MSM stories to get FISA Warrants and other stuff.

Shut the Front Door !!!!

Classic Hegelian Dialectic:
Make an agenda
Create the problem
Create the solution

💥😃😃💥

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Jordan did say last night that theres nothing classified in the Ohr testimony, so the transcript should have no problems getting released soon

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
U.S. Department of Justice guy Bruce Ohr told a Congressional Committee (under oath) that the FBI knew all about he and Christopher Steele and about his Wife Nellie working for FusionGPS !!

He said the FBI never told the FISA Court either when they got the famous Warrants 😄

He said they knew that Steele hates Trump too !!

Big conflicts all over the place now.

Just think .... this is the worst scandal in history involving so many top DOJ/FBI high rankers 😀

But never mind says CNN -- MSNBC -- and all the Big+1 networks ((Hush Hush 🤫))

Senior Justice Department official, Bruce Ohr testified Tuesday that prior to obtaining the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant on short-term Trump campaign volunteer, Carter Page, the FBI was aware that former British spy and anti-Trump dossier author, Christopher Steele was biased against then-candidate Trump. He also stated that the FBI knew that his wife, Nellie Ohr was working for Fusion GPS, the now-embattled research firm which was hired by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC to compile the dossier with Steele. This, according to Congressional sources with direct knowledge of Ohr’s closed-door deposition.

Ohr stated during his hours-long testimony that the FBI failed to disclose this pertinent information to the nation’s secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) when it sought an application to spy on Page. The FBI also failed to disclose that when it sought the application, it was using senior Justice Department official, Bruce Ohr as a cut-out for a source the bureau had terminated.

Bruce Ohr: FBI Knew About Bias Before Getting a FISA On Carter Page

"time to pop the corks folks"

Isn't it fraud and a felony to falsify an application to a fisa court?
The application is only supposed to contain verified true information?
themarketswork.com...

Rosenstein was stating that what he’d been formally briefed on by DOJ lawyers was different than what had been disclosed in any of the three Congressional Memos detailing the FISA Application. What Rosenstein was formally briefed on was different than the FISA materials put before the House and Senate Intelligence Committees by the DOJ.

On October 21, 2016, DOJ and FBI sought and received a FISA probable cause order (not under Title VII) authorizing electronic surveillance on Carter Page from the FISC. Page is a U.S. citizen who served as a volunteer advisor to the Trump presidential campaign. The “dossier” compiled by Christopher Steele (Steele dossier) on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Hillary Clinton campaign formed an essential part of the Carter Page FISA application. The Carter Page FISA application also cited extensively a September 23, 2016, Yahoo News article by Michael Isikoff, which focuses on Page’s July 2016 trip to Moscow. The Page FISA application also mentions information regarding fellow Trump campaign advisor George Papadopoulos, but there is no evidence of any cooperation or conspiracy between Page and Papadopoulos. The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 by FBI agent Pete Strzok.

On March 17, 2017, the Chairman and Ranking Member were provided copies of the two relevant FISA applications, which requested authority to conduct surveillance of Carter Page. Both relied heavily on Mr. Steele’s dossier claims, and both applications were granted by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). The documents we have reviewed show that the FBI took important investigative steps largely based on Mr. Steele’s information – and relying heavily on his credibility. Specifically, on October 21, 2016, the FBI filed its first warrant application under FISA for Carter Page. This initial application relies in part on alleged past Russian attempts to recruit Page years ago. That portion is less than five pages. The bulk of the application consists of allegations against Page that were disclosed to the FBI by Mr. Steele and are also outlined in the Steele dossier.

People should be going to jail for this.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Time to get that lawyer in Utah some help I think, looks like the workload will be going up and up and up.

This guy?
www.cnn.com...

Who is John Huber, the Utah US attorney investigating claims of FBI misconduct?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Ohr seemed to confirm the FBI/DOJ was leaking specific "information" to MSM and using the MSM stories to get FISA Warrants and other stuff.

Shut the Front Door !!!!

Classic Hegelian Dialectic:
Make an agenda
Create the problem
Create the solution

💥😃😃💥

This is going to be all kinds of trouble for the fbi/doj.
And there is this...

insider.foxnews.com...

Rep. Darrell Issa said Wednesday on "Fox & Friends" that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has not interviewed Justice Department official Bruce Ohr because his only mission is to "get Trump."

If there were no fisa warrants issued there would have been no "russia" investigation.
There would have been no one on one meeting between comey and trump.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If the fbi and comey more importantly knew this....

Senior Justice Department official, Bruce Ohr testified Tuesday that prior to obtaining the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant on short-term Trump campaign volunteer, Carter Page, the FBI was aware that former British spy and anti-Trump dossier author, Christopher Steele was biased against then-candidate Trump. He also stated that the FBI knew that his wife, Nellie Ohr was working for Fusion GPS, the now-embattled research firm which was hired by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC to compile the dossier with Steele. This, according to Congressional sources with direct knowledge of Ohr’s closed-door deposition.

then why the need for the closed door one on one with trump?
why not tell the public trump was not under investigation like trump asked?

"mr president we found this information in the garbage we wanted to let you know about before it gets to the press"....what a load of crap

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

yup, his workload should be increasing pretty quickly.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

Justice Department official Bruce Ohr told House lawmakers on Tuesday that the FBI doubted the credibility of a salacious anti-Trump dossier used to obtain a surveillance warrant for a member of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign team, according to a key Republican. “Not only did the FBI know the dossier was unverified, but they also knew there were real credibility issues where it would never end up in a courtroom,” said Rep. Mark Meadows, North Carolina Republican.

www.politico.com...

BURR: So if you've got a 36-page document of specific claims that are out there, the FBI would have to for counter intelligence reasons, try to verify anything that might be claimed in there, one, and probably first and foremost, is the counterintelligence concerns that we have about blackmail. Would that be an accurate statement?
COMEY: Yes. If the FBI receives a credible allegation that there is some effort to co-opt, coerce, direct, employee covertly an American on behalf of the foreign power, that's the basis on which a counterintelligence investigation is opened.

BURR: In the public domain is this question of the “steel dossier,” a document that has been around out in for over a year. I'm not sure when the FBI first took possession of it, but the media had it before you had it and we had it. At the time of your departure from the FBI, was the FBI able to confirm any criminal allegations contained in the steel document? COMEY: Mr. Chairman, I don't think that's a question I can answer in an open setting because it goes into the details of the investigation.

WARNER: Thank you, director Comey, again, for your service. Your comments to your FBI family, I know were heartfelt. Know that there are some in the administration who tried to smear your reputation. You had Acting Director McCabe in public testimony a few weeks back, and in public testimony yesterday reaffirm that the vast majority in FBI community had great trust in your leadership, and obviously trust in your integrity. I want to go through a number of the meetings that you referenced in your testimony, and let's start with the January 6th meeting in Trump Tower, where you went up with a series of officials to brief the President-elect on the Russia investigation. My understanding is you remained afterwards to brief him, on again, "Some personally sensitive aspects of the information you relayed." Now you said after that briefing you felt compelled to document that conversation that you actually started documenting it as soon as you got into the car. Now you've had extensive experience at the department of justice and at the FBI. You've worked under presidents of both parties. What was about that meeting that led you to determine that you needed to start putting down a written record?
COMEY: A combination of things. I think the circumstances, the subject matter, and the person I was interacting with. Circumstances, first, I was alone with the president of the United States, or the president-elect, soon to be president. The subject matter I was talking about matters that touch on the FBI's core responsibility, and that relate to the president, president-elect personally, and then the nature of the person. I was honestly concerned he might lie about the nature of our meeting so I thought it important to document. That combination of things I had never experienced before, but had led me to believe I got to write it down and write it down in a very detailed way.

WARNER: I think that is very significant. I think others will probably question that. Now, the chairman and I have requested those memos. It is our hope that the FBI will get this committee access to those memos so again, we can read that contemporaneous rendition so that we've got your side of the story. Now I know members have said and press have said that a great deal has been made whether the president asked and indicated whether the president was the subject of any investigation, and my understanding is prior to your meeting on January 6th, you discussed with your leadership team whether you should be prepared to assure then President-elect Trump that the FBI was not investigating him personally. Now, I understand that your leadership team, agreed with that but was that a unanimous decision? Was there any debate about that?
COMEY: Wasn't unanimous. One of the members of the leadership team had a view you that although it was technically true we did not have a counter-intelligence file case open on then President-elect Trump. His concern was because we're looking at the potential, again, that's the subject of the investigation, coordination between the campaign and Russia, because it was President Trump, President-elect Trump's campaign, this person's view was inevitably his behavior, his conduct will fall within the scope of that work. And so he was reluctant to make the statement. I disagreed. I thought it was fair to say what was literally true. There was not a counterintelligence investigation of Mr. Trump, and I decided in the moment to say it, given the nature of our conversation.

The whole time before he lured trump into a one on one meeting comey KNEW the whole dossier was crap.
This whole event is nothing more than a set up.
edit on 29/8/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
talkingpointsmemo.com...
Comey includes Clapper in the plot as well in his "memos".
"I said there was something that Clapper wanted me to speak to the PE about alone or in a very small group".

This will engulf the entire former upper echelon of the obama administration.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
saraacarter.com...

Numerous congressional sources are telling SaraACarter.com that after Department of Justice official Bruce Ohr’s explosive closed-door testimony on Tuesday, lawmakers are gearing up to call his wife, Nellie Ohr, in for questioning regarding her work with the now-embattled research firm, Fusion GPS. Congress is also seeking access to Bruce Ohr’s text messages and emails with top FBI officials.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

U.S. Department of Justice guy Bruce Ohr told a Congressional Committee (under oath) that the FBI knew all about he and Christopher Steele and about his Wife Nellie working for FusionGPS !!

He said the FBI never told the FISA Court either when they got the famous Warrants 😄

He said they knew that Steele hates Trump too !!

Big conflicts all over the place now.

Just think .... this is the worst scandal in history involving so many top DOJ/FBI high rankers 😀

But never mind says CNN -- MSNBC -- and all the Big+1 networks ((Hush Hush 🤫))

Ohr stated during his hours-long testimony that the FBI failed to disclose this pertinent information to the nation’s secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) when it sought an application to spy on Page. The FBI also failed to disclose that when it sought the application, it was using senior Justice Department official, Bruce Ohr as a cut-out for a source the bureau had terminated.

Bruce Ohr: FBI Knew About Bias Before Getting a FISA On Carter Page

"time to pop the corks folks"

Interesting lack of coverage on this event.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeah. Because out of context leaks are sort of hard to take seriously.

Maybe the transcript will be released after the election.

<< 1    3 >>

join