It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I warned trump haters; trump now may take action against social media companies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And in general the amount of censorship seems very low in general. But I am open to being proven wrong.

From my perspective most of the genuine creative minds have been banned. But we can't discuss them as previous members or individuals/people.

See what I mean?
edit on 28-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And in general the amount of censorship seems very low in general. But I am open to being proven wrong.

From my perspective most of the genuine creative minds have been banned. But we can't discuss them as previous members or individuals/people.

See what I mean?

All i will say is may be surprised on who on the other side may have been banned.

But I digress.

To get back on track, of course ATS is a form of social media.

But not in the same way.

Its more of a niche localized community.

I dont think that there could be a reaonsbale argument to be made that it is a sort of public utility that has the potential to damage people day to day lives if they are unjustly censored from it.

Google is repsonible just in searches alone for more than 80% of the worlds searches.

If it is biased and pruposefully driving a political agenda, its worth discussing whether that warrants some kind of regulation.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Google is repsonible just in searches alone for more than 80% of the worlds searches. If it is biased and pruposefully driving a political agenda, its worth discussing whether that warrants some kind of regulation.

Google is still a corporate entity and they should be free to structure their business and content that they feel will be in the corporations best interest. It's the American way...Let the market place decide. All Corporations have some sort of political agenda, usually promoting profit.

Just like other media such as networks and the print media. Regulation equals censorship!!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Google is repsonible just in searches alone for more than 80% of the worlds searches. If it is biased and pruposefully driving a political agenda, its worth discussing whether that warrants some kind of regulation.

Google is still a corporate entity and they should be free to structure their business and content that they feel will be in the corporations best interest. It's the American way...Let the market place decide.

Just like other media such as networks and the print media. Regulation equals censorship!!

Again I sort of agree, but its more complicated than that.

For example, many in congress have already applied pressure to have these sites get rid of "fake news"

And media are gorups discussing what they want.

These sites are different, they are more akin to a public services like the original telephones when they came out.

The reason for this is that much like orginal phone companies, these site benefit from government infrastructure (the creation of the internet, etc.)

Now it would have been tragic had bell altantic told people only conservtives were allowed to use their phones.

Again, thats only half the argument, but it shows the argument is more complicated than it at first appears.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I have no doubt that the Trump WH will eventually try to limit dissension and free speech. That's exactly what the
"fake news" mantra is all about. Control! No criticism.

Who gets to decide what is fake news. The government...what could possibly go wrong.

You ok with this....probably as you seem to be falling more and more under trumps spell.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

That's why ATS is most certainly not social media.

Yes it is...

It's social and it's media. It's also controlled and censorship is in operation if you transgress, just like facebook.. And it's increasingly moving to the right where dissension is discouraged. And as you are part of the power structure, it should be evident.

I was noting the difference between the big social media sites and here. There are worlds of difference between here and facebook. Those sites are corporate run but then so is the government; there is only semantic differences between government, corporations, banks and those who control them.

Are you able to have serious discussions on FB about who the real power on the planet is?
How do 9/11 questions go over?
Social media sites are trite and rely on brevity to get attention.

Thanks for letting me know I'm part of the real powers that be.
It's going to my head....

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I have no doubt that the Trump WH will eventually try to limit dissension and free speech. That's exactly what the
"fake news" mantra is all about. Control! No criticism.

Who gets to decide what is fake news. The government...what could possibly go wrong.

For the sake of argument, lets say you are right.

This is what I have been warning people that dislike trump for a long time about,.

They had no problem and cheered when it was being claimed that trolls using facebook had the power to greatly swing an election.

I said it was dumb, and come back to bite them, and now it just may.

This is why my major political concern isnt who is worse hillary or trump, its making sure the investigators arent corrupt, or making sure the tools of the office arent being set in a bad way as a precedent for all presidents to use.

If you think this is bad, wait until trump starts wiretapping opponents.

What will the trump haters be able to say; they literally cheered this on when it happened to trump.

And so I will take the position that I will not want trump to try to censor anything, or wiretap any opponent, just like I didnt want Obama or hillary or bush or anyone else to do that.
edit on 28-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here is a handsome guy that agrees with me.

What a looker!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

What a looker!

Is that you Grambler ?

Doesn’t matter if you’d rather not say, but he made total sense and reiterated exactly what you’ve been saying.

Good vid 👍🏼

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Grambler

What a looker!

Is that you Grambler ?

Doesn’t matter if you’d rather not say, but he made total sense and reiterated exactly what you’ve been saying.

Good vid 👍🏼

Why yes that is me!

Wow am I awesome!

Just kidding of course.

But yeah I started a new channel and am hoping to get some ats people to watch and perhaps even livestream with me at some point.

But enough shameless promotion of my youtube channel (link in my signature).

Back to the shameless promotion of my thread!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You are awesome! 😏... saved the link.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I’ve never had Facebook, Google or Twitter account EVER and boy am I glad. I don’t need to be doxxed by Brown Shirt liberals.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Lmao, if trump did that, it would be sooooo, easy to prove how many things he has lied about and called fake news, I say the MSM, should attack trump, for reporting the truth, which trump denies and calls fake news until he no longer can. It has happened soooooo, many times, easily proven!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

I'm vehemently oppose more government regulation.... but in this case I believe it is needed.

We have heard your Reaction with unmistakable clarity... and we have a Solution ...

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: valve
I’ve never had Facebook, Google or Twitter account EVER and boy am I glad. I don’t need to be doxxed by Brown Shirt liberals.

How ever do you keep up with trump's Twitter Tantrums? You know his "official White House statements" .

I don't use them either, accept FB on occasion. Twitter never, but I do read trumps Twitter feed. He lies on it constantly, so I have to try and keep up with it. Twitter may bring trump down. He has lied over and over on it!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Not much he can do about it.there is nothing there he is doing his usual deflect and scare tactics wake up.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Are you able to have serious discussions on FB about who the real power on the planet is?
How do 9/11 questions go over?
Social media sites are trite and rely on brevity to get attention.

But are you even able to have those discussions here either? I mean people attempt to but usually within a page of a thread it is derailed and anything political is drug down to a level which is well below the mud-pit.

Also have you been in the 9/11 forms since, well ever. It's pretty sad and as mundane as ever in there and again something gets posted and within a page the same three people (who have been doing it for years) come in and derail and yell until it's not even worth reading.

As far as being trite and being brief. Well suffice to say when the majority of the most responded to replies are either one liners, memes or short fear mongering statements followed up by a gif. Well I think I have gotten my opinion across.

At one point in time I would've agreed with you about this site being different, even though it had its issues, horrible posters and hatred it was still informative and worthwhile. Anymore it is basically on par with just about any site that would fall under the scope of the OP. It's just a lot smaller so we think it's unique, but it really isn't. It's just a tiny sample size of the rest of the political landscape on a "forum" instead of a "social media site", which again it is.

My apologies if this post drifted or drifts this thread as the OP is one of the few people I care to even read posts from anymore(Not to say I totally agree with him, but that's besides the point)

edit on 29/8/18 by TrowaBarton because: To fix quote

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
ONE THING THIS DOESN'T CHANGE...

Trumps a dirty old businessman with his pants constantly halfway down... Oh and not forgetting his Narscacistic Sociopath Tendencies. "If I'm impeached the markets will crash", say no more but that's like saying, "When I shower I get wet".
Not rocket science...

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Trump can just make an EO saying that if conservative voices or Pro-Trump voices are being silenced the federal government will level massive fines that scale up $100,000 for the first offensive, second offence $1,000,000 third offence $3,000,000 and so forth. Done under the violation of the first amendment of the constitution. This of coarse would eventually go to the supreme court where it would be upheld by the new judges now sitting there.

Reddit would become a Trump website if this happens.

The total Alex Jones black listing in a coordinated effort is what caused this, there is always a backlash for harsh action.
Even Bill Mayer who hates Jones, says he gets to speak. I think he(Alex) is hyperbolic embellisher of what is happening, he is also a theatrical buffoon.
However if the left leaning Huff Post gets to publish the garbage that Hillary had an over 98% plus favorability to win the election then Alex gets to say his stupid stuff too.
edit on 29-8-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrowaBarton

Thanks for reading my posts, even if you dont agree with me!

I find that I often spend more time reading the well written posts I disagree with.

I think you are definitely right in that one liners and memes seem to do overly well.

I think a lopt of people find it difficult to too time consuming to read a long post.

And yeah, that sucks.

I even see that with my posts.

If I make a snarky one liner, it will get more attention than i 1500 word point by point repsonse I may have to someone.

But if I am honest, i sometimes focus more on smaller posts as well.

However, if you go beyond these types of post, I have learned more form ATS by a long shot than any other community online.

There are some fantastic people in all fields here, including many I disagree with but educate me and force me to come up with better arguments for my positions.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join