It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I warned trump haters; trump now may take action against social media companies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

isnt it just as easy for me to say fake news to all the site and links that supports it?

i am going to read on this for sure. bet on that but why is that not a valid argument.

just dismiss this all as fake news. wrong

no messing with hashtags

those sites are owned by a state deeper than the deep state

right?

its all kind of disgusting when you think about it.

i just feel like i was born in the wrong time.
i just want to work my shift, enjoy my family, burn a little and read some books.

i dont want to have to worry or even think about social medias reach?
i have to be concerned about twitter now even though i have never tweeted anything??

i dont want to have to think about this bull#......

i might just have to have a cry.

i belong in the renaissance era painting lutes and drinking wine... happy as #

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
it sounds like some terminator # though.
i try to keep an open mind but its hard with what i am reading

Comparing the triumverate of Google, Amazon, and Facebook to Skynet with a twist of Omni Consumer Products from Robocop isn't inaccurate.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

At the top, trump does have the power to have people look into whether censorship is occurring.

Beyond that, he can push for congress to pass legislation.

On th fec looking in to things and net nuetrality; yes I am exactly saying careful what you wish for.

And it wasnt just pushing the FEC to stop foriegn ad buys, many congressmen were pushing for social media to censor and regulate "fake news"

On your numbered points.

1. Yes these claims do predate the russia business. However, the democrats that were the ones that went nuts on how powerful just a few tens of thousands of dollars and I guess over 1000 grunts and 12 russian trolls leading them could be in swinging elections.

I warned you specifically that this is what would happen.

And now those very arguments will be used to discuss how it is exponentially worse for the controllers of these sites to be favoring one side in an election than russian trolls.

2. Yes blocking trolls is what I am discussing. Again, the arguments given by the dems will now be used by trump.

3. Many conservatives have been banned from social media.

The problem is not just with who is banned, but the selective enforcement of who is banned. So left leaning people can use the same vitriol that some of these white leaning people do, and they are cool but the right leaning person gets banned.

And the irony is that you are right, actually now non establishment left leaning people are being censored. For example, Jimmy dore has been on this from the beginning, warning that the left leaning people cheering this censorship should not do so, because progressives would be next. And its happening, places like dore suffer strikes and sort of shadow bans, as have other left leaning people critical of the establishment.

I dont know what the answer is, but eventually there is probably going to be some sort of regulation.

And when that discussion comes, the very hyperbolic the democrats made will be used against them.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RKWWWW
You're portraying Trump as someone who wants to restrict free speech because he wants to prevent conservatives from being censored on social media. Shouldn't we be concerned about social media censoring free speech?

I agree. We should hear what the Russians have to say. I think that if Mexicans are allowed to vote, the Democrats are being racist for not allowing Russians to vote as well

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yup I've been talking and debating this lately also. I think that it definitely should be looked into as possibly another utility. When you censor people in what amounts to a public square then there is a problem. The big platforms simply have no real rivals and so its not like people can just go somewhere else and expect to be heard.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

First off, dont believe me.

Look into yourself.

I feel the evidence shows that right leaning people, and now non establishment left leaning people are being censored on these platforms.

As far as the bottom of your post.

Dont let things get you down.

Honestly, for as much as all of us on here discuss politics, its only a very small part of your life right now.

I tell trump supporters and haters all of the time; be honest. How much has your life really changed since trump was elected?

Life goes on.

All times suck, and no matter what anyone tells you, this is the greatest time ever to be alive.

Did you knopw that in since 1990 the percentage of people in crippling poverty in the world has been cut in HALF!

Did you know that infant mortality rates in the poorest countries in sub saharan africaa are what they were in England in the 1970's?

These are incredible achievements.

And there are so many more great things going on.

No matter what political problems arise, and even in my pessimistic view of being able to solve them, and despite the fact I am relatively poor, I focus on the people close to me and have a great life.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't think we are in Kansas anymore, Dorthy.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If a person's world and political view is based on FB posts, I hope that person is too busy liking things to get out to the polls.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

If these social media companies were intentionally helping democrats who were in contact with them during elections, doesnt that constitute a campaign contribution?

And assumeing neither the democrats or these companies filed paperwork on that donation, shouldn't we be starting a criminal investigation?

Bingo!

Oh its okay for se Facebook to funnel a billion dollars worth of censorship / clout for one team / candidate... hey they can do it "at cost" to such a degree as to not even have to put it in the books so why not let these government funded, user content driven, public utilities to take up partisan political agendas and then twist up elections and wield identity politics to drive quazi-fascist uprising in the streets.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
what did politicians ever do before Google and Facebook... I guess it was a fair world then .

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Anyways, whats that have to do with the topic?

Here is the title of this thread

I warned trump haters; trump now may take action against social media companies
I asked what action he proposes to take against them.

And if you don't see the similarity to his temper tantrums about removing the broadcast licenses of TV networks you have a very severe case of confirmation bias.
Anybody remember when the liberals wanted to cut off some of the conservative talk radio so that they could have more equal airspace? Marxism at work for ya... redistribution of the radio waves ... 😁
edit on 28-8-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
what did politicians ever do before Google and Facebook... I guess it was a fair world then .

I agree with you.

Yellow (orange) journalism has been around since Gutenberg invented the photo copier.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Project Mockingbird, Walter Lippman's "manufacture of consent," Noam Chomsky's "Propaganda is to democracy what violence is to totalitarianism," Watergate's 'Deep Throat,' and decades of COINTELPRO indicate that the nation has a long, long, LONG standing history of being 100% fine with the establishment and media working hand in hand to manipulate opinion and direction... it's when someone from outside the establishment calls them on it that causes them to clench and bristle. Similar to the current situation with the social media outlets and their Swamp creature friends.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This whole thing is stupidity. Trump only cares because his ego is the size of Jupiter. When working, he used to have someone every morning bring him important news. Some of the pages in the stack of papers he'd receive had sticky notes - he had his aides mark the pages that had news about him. Those were the only ones he'd read. He is incredibly self adsorbed, and cares WAY too much about what others think about him and say about him.

I'd be much more impressed if he dedicated even half of the attention he pays to himself, to doing the job of President of the United States instead. I really don't give a crap that news outlets may say negative things about him. Boo frickin' hoo. Welcome to what every President before you had to go through, Trump.

What a spoiled, narcissistic, egotistical little man he is.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

I'd be much more impressed if he dedicated even half of the attention he pays to himself, to doing the job of President of the United States instead.

You can't handle the magnificent job he's doing as it is, can you imagine your reaction if he started seriously flexing on the office?

edit on 28-8-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

So you only vote for quiet humble people.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Truly these are not "social media platforms", the illusion as such inclines us to use them BUT they were developed by the Government at public expense to act not only as intelligence and data gathering webs but in return to analyze those results and feed the narratives the government deems helpful to themselves. The "government" in turn being naught but the power mechanisms by which the moneyed elites regulate our lives.

These are weapons platforms built to win the psychological war against humanity. ATS is a rare place not because we can say such things but that others can read it and give it serious consideration as an idea. That's why ATS is most certainly not social media.
edit on 28-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Being a spoiled, narcissistic, egotistical little man doesn't preclude one from doing the job of President. How one views a President's performance depends completely on where your values lie. Some people place a high value on transgender bathroom policies, others place a high value on low employment numbers and job growth.
edit on 28-8-2018 by RKWWWW because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

That's why ATS is most certainly not social media.

Yes it is...

It's social and it's media. It's also controlled and censorship is in operation if you transgress, just like facebook.. And it's increasingly moving to the right where dissension is discouraged. And as you are part of the power structure, it should be evident.
edit on 28-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Asktheanimals

That's why ATS is most certainly not social media.

Yes it is...

It's social and it's media. It's also controlled and censorship is in operation if you transgress, just like facebook.. And it's increasingly moving to the right where dissension is discouraged.

I am not sure about that.

Not so long ago, I had post removed and was convinced it was because the mods were left leaning.

I was probably wrong.

I havent seen any evidence at all that left wing opinions are being censored moreso than right ones.

And in general the amount of censorship seems very low in general.

But I am open to being proven wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join