It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I warned trump haters; trump now may take action against social media companies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ending the subsidies would be a good start.

I don't see any federal subsidies of social media listed in that article.

They represent the polar opposite of a "free media" as mandated in the Constitution.
The Constitution talks about the press. Social media, not so much.

Facebook is listed in the article, Google owns Youtube which is pseudo social media.

Hmm... you're right. The Constitution doesn't mention "social media" but then technological and societal evolution of platforms and exercising of rights have always been viewed generously by the SCOTUS... if you wish to postulate that these platforms aren't part of the media because they're not mentioned in the Constitution as such, I assume you also believe Freedom of Speech doesn't apply to folks using computers, phones, lined notepaper, telegraphs, radio, television, etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Behold, I give you Google, today, within the last 20 mins.........

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
Government regulation, but only the kind with which we agree because "Conservatives are being treated so unfair!" or some other nonsense of the sort.

Love the acceptance of neo-authoritarianism when it fits one's particular brand.

Right that was the point of this thread.

democrats were all willing to tell facebook who couldn't post on their site, and tell them they need to regulate fake news, but as soon as conservatives speak up, they are neo authoritarians.

This is what I have been warning people taht dislike trump about for over a year; soon the very tools and tactics they cheered for when it benefited their side would be used against people they like.

Wait until trump hires foreign spies to get dirt on his opponents, and then uses that dirt to wiretap them and launch years long investigations.

Then finally they will realize their mistake.
edit on 28-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   

To the Trump haters and the Never Trumpers those tweets are scary. Trump knows this and now he's slapping them in the ass with a cattle prod

link   

What sort of action does Trump propose to take?

Something like taking away the broadcast licenses of TV networks? Remember that one?

I think what Trump is saying is that he's tired of that crap. Take it like a last warning.

He wouldn't say what exactly he's planning to do. Eventually you'll find out.

This is war. You don't tell the enemy what you will do.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

96 Percent of Google Search Results for 'Trump' News Are from Liberal Media Outlets

PJ Media did not appear in the first 100 results, nor did National Review, The Weekly Standard, Breitbart, The Blaze, The Daily Wire, Hot Air, Townhall, Red State, or any other conservative-leaning sites except the two listed above. Here are the sites that appeared most frequently in the top 100 results.

You can easily verify for yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

When has government intervention ever benefitted the people the intervention was supposed to protect?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
social media sucks

im not talking this kind of #

like the ones mentioned with your real information piped into your real life.

the reach social media has is #ing scary. thats all there is to it.

i dont think there is a good outcome for this one.

government regulation sounds like a good idea but then again, screw with that.
dont need ore government intervention.

what i want in this situation is for people to want to give all that social media bull# up and then we are all good and nobody loses any rights or privacy or anything.
not going to happen though

i saw a fridge in lowes the other day that was like 6 grand with a big ass led monitor as the front face of the door.

gotta get on insta while you nuke some # for the kid you neglect so you can post a selfie of some duck lipped bull# and then catch up on current events by way of your contacts tweets

its gross

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Google, facebook, twitter and the like bow only to pressure and profits. We need to end the pressure campaigns of groups like the Soros-funded MediaMatters and the governments, and not give them more power.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

how do those work?

is that real?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

you'll believe anything.....

you know, that a person can explicitly force certain predictions for searches if they type in the keywords long enough... and theres good old photoshop...

do you think it takes '20 minutes ' for SEO (search engine optimization) to take effect? do you really? seriously.... ?

you're NOT dangerous at all!
edit on 28-8-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

What sort of action does Trump propose to take?

Something like taking away the broadcast licenses of TV networks? Remember that one?

Those are privileges given by the FCC. No one is telling them they can't function as they always have - they just can't use regulated airwaves to do it. A broadcasting license comes with responsibilities, including the responsibility to act responsibly. Not by pushing misinformation, intentionally dishonest content or outright fabrication. CNN, among several others, have been caught doing all of the above on several occasions

And for your question, hopefully his action involves breaking their monopoly up under existing anti-trust statutes. Trump has the authority to order the DOJ to initiate the action. And if it is found they were intentionally manipulating data/censoring conservative view points, they should be charged with violating the exact same statutes (where applicable) SC Robert Mueller has been using.

Influencing an election is influencing an election, isn't that right?
edit on 8/28/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

This article in the Baltimore Sun by David Zurawik I think is in line with what you are trying to point out.

in fairness to Trump, his administration has not escalated the conflict with the press to a new level. It has not yet come close to doing what President Obama's administration did in making the act of reporting itself criminal behavior in a case that started in 2009 under the Espionage Act of 1917...

...I have harshly denounced Trump for everything from his statements on Mexican immigrants to his boasts of sexual assault in the "Access Hollywood" tape. And I think he deserved every word I wrote.

I also think he warrants the kind of high-powered investigative reporting that The Washington Post and The New York Times are delivering, particularly on his administration's ties to Russia. This is the kind of work great journalism has always done.

But let's be careful when invoking the historical record in trying to try to make a "worst ever" case against Trump. Let's cover him the old fashioned way. Let's try to get the facts right and then stick to them.

There are honest reporters and commentators still out there and it appears even they are worried about what you are pointing out.

Slippery slopes are being greased with partisan hate which has blinded otherwise intelligent people to anything but the myopic view preached to them by dishonest politicians and dishonest people in the MSM. Both sides share equal guilt for allowing it to reach these levels.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

or trump can simply ask Kim Jong un what actions to take against a free corporation. since he thinks Kim is a

"very good guy".
Donald Trump-
edit on 28-8-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Great article.

Yes I have long said I dont mind a tough press going after trump.

Rachel maddow should be digging for trumps tax returns. the NYT should be looking in to russian connections.

Now they shouldnt just make stuff up, or report stuff without verifying it, but by all means go after him.

My problem is I wish the would have done that under ALL presidents.

Perhaps had the press done their job, hundreds of thousands of lives could have been save in iraq, libya, syria, yemen, and other places.

Perhaps we wouldnt have near the corruption in washington if they had been aggressive in investigating all politicians as they have with trump.

That is their intended purpose, but instead they are hyperbolic cheerleaders against trump.

I dont want them to be easier on trump, I want them to be just as hard on the rest.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

now i have to call fake news

you ripped those from twitter 20 minutes ago??

i took these 6 minutes ago

what gives?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Blaine91555
I dont want them to be easier on trump, I want them to be just as hard on the rest.

If it's not obvious by my string of icons above, I agree!

Fairness is certainly not too much to ask from a media with the power they possess to sway public opinion and elections.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: JBurns

or trump can simply ask Kim Jong un what actions to take against a free corporation. since he thinks Kim is a

"very good guy".
Donald Trump-

And trumps bro, putin knows how to keep the media in line.

btw...the media is already controlled by the government ala the 3 letters. Trump is just blowing smoke up his supporters *** to keep the hate for everything "non trump" alive.

edit on 28-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

i have to quote myself on this one

all the cries of fake news. fake news this and that

trump says it its the truth

look at the shots from twitter

then can someone please tell me why the search i just did 10 minutes ago did not come up with that bull#?

can other people please do a fast search for veterans ar
and see what comes up?

please and thank you
i really would like to know if the orange supporters if any are saying this is a real search when it is not.

wasnt for me

maybe my computer is a leftist piece of #

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Google got caught and "adjusted" their "filters" on the results returned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join