It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game tournament mass shooter was prescribed anti-psychotic and antidepressant medications

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Not trolling, a perfectly sensible question really.

Your making statements, I'm simply asking a query regarding such.

No fear, no point, so why a deterrent?

Look at it this way, if i come to rob your home, knowing or even assuming that you have a Gun on the premises, how is having such a deterrent?

edit on 31-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

Your gun ain't gonna help you when you have a "Tyrannical Government" I'm not sure if you have noticed, they are trained in playing a better game of hide and seek than you are. Plus, here's the bummer.......They have Jets, Helicopters, Tanks, Ships and drones. I can tell you from experience, you ain't out running my jet when I'm after your ass
(I see you down there "pew pew pew" lol)

We thought the same thing in Vietnam. We were wrong

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Not trolling, a perfectly sensible question really.

Your making statements, I'm simply asking a query regarding such.

No fear, no point, so why a deterrent?

Look at it this way, if i come to rob your home, knowing or even assuming that you have a Gun on the premises, how is having such a deterrent?

If you come to rob my house, neither me nor my guns care if you are afraid. Fear is not needed to be shot dead.
Our MSM is trying to change public opinion of guns.
That is as simple as I can make it

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So there is a modicum of fear involved then?

The public opinion of guns is that they are used to kill and maim.

They are not called protection rifles, they are called assault rifles.

Its not simple through, not simple in the slightest, hence the problems and ambivalence that surrounds the topic.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

They are not called assault rifles. That is what the MSM calls them to change public opinion. I see they’ve gotten to you. Only the military has assault rifles.
Ours are just black. That. Is. It.
edit on 31-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

Let me put it this way: whatever color your toothbrush is paint it black. Congratulations. You are now the proud owner of an assault toothbrush.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Well, the weapon of choice for most misguided disgruntled genocidal maniacs seems to be the ArmaLite AR-15.

The definition of such being the ArmaLite AR-15 is a select-fire, air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed assault rifle.

That's not MSM thats the manufacturer.

Might be a tool mate but its a tool with a rather singular purpose im afraid.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Well, the weapon of choice for most misguided disgruntled genocidal maniacs seems to be the ArmaLite AR-15.

The definition of such being the ArmaLite AR-15 is a select-fire, air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed assault rifle.

That's not MSM thats the manufacturer.

Might be a tool mate but its a tool with a rather singular purpose im afraid.

That is the military version
Civilians cannot own select fire therefore not an assault rifle
The mass shooters did not use assault rifles

It’s a war of words the MSM has waged on gun owners to sway popular opinion
Mass shooters would be better off using shotguns to reach their goal

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes because its really hard to acquire full auto trigger assemblies for an AR-15.

And don't dodge the ball it says ASSAULT RIFLE, operative words, and all that jazz.

If it quacks like a Duck and looks like one....well its a Duck im afraid.

Mass shooters have used the AR-15 for the purpose of these killing sprees, that's fact I'm afraid, no matter how you try and slice it otherwise.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If you want to say the shooters used assault rifles you are plain wrong.
Keep arguing that point, it only makes you look ignorant
If it isn’t automatic, it isn’t an assault rifle
You are cherry picking phrases and ignoring others just like John Oliver would
Hey, you want to see John Oliver’s funniest clip?
Look up him daring Trump to run for president

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Im not claiming nor suggesting that AR-15 rifles were used to commit every major mass shooting in the United States.

But rather a significant percentage of such. Especially where disgruntled fools are concerned.

Im not cherry picking anything an AR-15 is indeed an assault rifle by its very definition.

You seem to be the one willing to split hairs over what amounts to semantics. LoL

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Im not claiming nor suggesting that AR-15 rifles were used to commit every major mass shooting in the United States.

But rather a significant percentage of such. Especially where disgruntled fools are concerned.

Im not cherry picking anything an AR-15 is indeed an assault rifle by its very definition.

You seem to be the one willing to split hairs over what amounts to semantics. LoL

The M-16 is an assault rifle. The AR-15 is not
If it isn’t automatic, it isn’t an assault rifle. Period. It really is that simple.

HOLY CRAP! On March 31st 2018 Marian-Webster changed the definition of assault rifle! Now there’s a conspiracy for ya

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So an AR-15 with a full auto assembly fitted, legal or otherwise, is not an automatic weapon?

I mean that's what a significant percentage of these crazies use right?

Like i said semantics as they still spit rounds out in the same manner with a very simple additional piece of kit.

It is what it is am afraid.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I can’t argue that point. I can’t even argue what an “assault” rifle is anymore because the definition was changed recently. Like I said, it’s a war of words waged on gun owners. All I can say now is “molon labe”

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm not suggesting taking away peoples right to bear arms, but it may be an idea to get rid of the really nasty pieces of kit that enable such massacre to take place.

Won't stop them happening all the same.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Psychiatry has come a long way? NO!
they use't to just out right torture them.

now! they still use shocks to the brain.
and they f up the brain with drugs
to test what May work.

prescribed anti-psychotic and antidepressant medications.
Dont work the same on ever one.
some blow up!
so they should bring criminal charge's for the Psychiatry

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
In all of this conversation we've had so far which includes Drugs, Mental Illness, Guns etc. Would it be fair to point out all roads are leading to the fact you don't trust your government and you are all stockpiling guns for the day they give the go ahead for something?? It certainly seem this way?

Paranoia or what guys?

Or is it mental illness.....I can't decide?

I personally wouldn't trust anyone but I especially wouldn't trust someone who seems to be determined to disarm me. Whether owning a firearm actually helps me in any way or not, the guy who wants to pull your teeth is probably not the guy you want to trust to feed you once you're toothless.

And I don't own one gun. I'm just saying that this is plain old common sense. if you've got someone who wants you to remove all the locks from all your doors, you should probably not trust those people.

The thing has always been about deterrence. A lock will not stop a determined thief. If they really want your stuff a lock is easy to bypass. But it will slow them down and make stealing your stuff less appealing. The same way a leash on a huge dog isn't going to stop the dog from dragging it's 110 pound owner across a parking lot so he can have someone for lunch.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I like the terms:

Kitchen Knife
Chef's Knife
Butchers Knife
Hunting Knife

All knives. Different shapes and sizes.

All kill you

AR-15 Single shot Riffle - Leaves big chunk of your head missing.
AR-15 Automatic Riffle - Leaves big chunk of your head missing.

Not sure of the difference? I would post some pictures of the outcome of both but I won't. You already know what something like that would look like I 'm sure?

Oh I forgot one.

AR-15 Single Shot Riffle - Trigger pulled multiple times - Leaves many chunks of your head missing.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Imagine if he had not been on meds.

What are we meant to do? Stop treating people with mental illness?

Maybe everyone can just say "I was born this way" and just be themselves.
Even if they are schizophrenic and such.

Wonder if it was the meds when people used to go crazy and mindlessly rape and murder and such back in 3000BC?

Now I'm gonna wonder all night if I haven't killed people because I'm not a violent psychopath, or because I don't take anti depressants and other psych treatment drugs...

So once we eliminate all of big pharmas evil drugs. What are we going to blame then when people lose their #?
Or won't it matter because we'll just go back to putting all the crazies into Asylums like we used to do?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

So once we eliminate all of big pharmas evil drugs. What are we going to blame then when people lose their #? Or won't it matter because we'll just go back to putting all the crazies into Asylums like we used to do?

What about plain old "loosing your temper"?......cough

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Well I suppose if this guy had just 'lost his temper' and shot his wife or similar that's what people would call it.... well in a perfect world.... now I think of it, it wouldn't be 'lost his temper' or big pharma. No it'd be "ALL MEN ARE WIFE BEATERS" being blamed....
Any way where was I?

Oh yeah perfect world. Guy shoots wife in anger. Heat of the moment. Guy snaps.
Same guy 'loses his temper' and shoots up a bunch of people. Then it's the meds are the cause. or some other conspiracy.

I dunno, just feel like we're stupidly going down a stupid path of no return to the land of stupid where stupid is king these days.

Every ones an expert and everything they say is true because they 'FEEL' it's true. No need to bother with facts anymore.
As long as 'we all know' big pharma is involved then it must be true right?
Fact and such be damned.

Sure I feel in some ways Big Pharma is a problem in many ways. But I won't be convinced because "Joe Random: Professional Internet Dweller" can pull something out his arse and little else.

Can we go back to facts, evidence and common sense please?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join