It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game tournament mass shooter was prescribed anti-psychotic and antidepressant medications

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Metallicus

Cananda, The UK, New Zealand, Australia & Western Europe are all first world countries who have a fundamentally similar culture to the US and are also being over prescribed these anti-psychotics & anti-depressants.

So if your theory holds true, then why is it that only the US regularly has these mass shooting incidents?

It happens here because we allow these patients to continue to own guns. Get a pyscho med...no guns until you are deemed well.

In my state (and I'm sure other states with opioid problems) a doctor can get on his or her laptop and access a program to tell which narcotic prescriptions I've had prescribed, so why can't the Federal government do this for anti-psychotics when one is purchasing a firearm? We fill out a form with yes/no checkboxes. I'm pro 2a and a responsible gun owner and even I think background checks should be more thorough. Firearms are a tool like a chainsaw or simple screwdriver, and any tool can be misused and cause harm if in the wrong hands or mind.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I don't think i did, I'm not actually sure what your point is. Kind of sounds like don't take Prozac the point maybe, but things like Sertraline, Fluoxetine, Zoloft are simply derivatives(generic brands) of Prozac. They just move you from one type to the other.

I have tried the medication, and i have withheld from taking the medication, I'm still me either way. I simply did not like the way it made me feel.

Felt as if they took away my edge, i like my edge, plus the medication made me feel a bit like a zombie just going through the routines.

My point is just because a person is on prescription medication don't necessarily make them dangerous, plenty of people have that capacity all on there own.

Personally, i have found other ways to address my issues and demons other than prescription medication. But what will work for one person won't necessarily work for another.
edit on 29-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes sir, I know exactly what you mean about taking the edge off making you a zombie. It had that effect on me at first too. I didn’t like it either. Kinda like you’re watching a movie of yourself, going thru the motions. Once someone asked me “ what are you smiling so big about?” My answer was I didn’t realize I was smiling. Must be the Prozac. They thought I was joking but I wasn’t.
Like you I also found different ways of dealing with my problems. Jogging works very well for me

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Doing whats best for yourself seems to be the ticket, and not what "They" tell you is best.

Obviously, some confirmation from others around you is a requirement, people you trust as opposed to the medical establishment, that imho simply see you as an outlet for there pharmaceutical products.

Each to their own through, the drugs might actually work for some people. I mean the possibly worked for me but i simply did not like the way that they worked.

I'm the type of person through that if something feels wrong i simply won't do it, period.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I take antipsychotic medication and without it I wouldn't be typing this. I've been taking it for 22 years and no it doesn't make me violent.

Antipsychotic medications are used in the treatment of bi polar and schizophrenia. However though it doesn't cure psychopaths and sociopaths.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Exactly!

Each to there own.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Yep. I can tell you he didn’t give a f..k about that

So he had never heard of a mass shooting before? You're telling me media coverage doesn't influence people? I call BS on that. The cops had a word for it ages ago. Copycats.
edit on 29-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

So he had never heard of a mass shooting before? You're telling me media coverage doesn't influence people? I call BS on that. The cops had a word for it ages ago. Copycats.

Obviously that's the case in some mass shootings. But I really don't think this latest incident is in the same category as the Columbine kids or Cruz, who carefully planned & executed a mass killing spree, with the intention of becoming infamous.

The guy in Jacksonville appears to be a case of someone who's suicidal and on the verge of a full blown psychotic melt down, who just happened to be in a crowded place with a gun, when his mind finally snapped...
edit on 29-8-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Fact is mass-media and life experience influence peoples actions a hell of a lot more than anti-psychotics or antidepressants do.

They again People take more mass-media and life experience pills than they do actual pills.

Cant stop taking those now can we?

In a way, mass-media is the ultimate drug really.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I’m telling you he didn’t do it to be famous. I’ve been there and felt what he felt. Yes that is subjective. If you want objective evidence the fact that he ran and tried to get away should be enough

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Obviously that's the case in some mass shootings. But I really don't think this latest incident is in the same category as the Columbine kids or Cruz, who carefully planned & executed a mass killing spree, with the intention of becoming infamous.

The guy in Jacksonville appears to be more a case of someone who was suicidal and on the verge of a full blown psychotic melt down, who just happened to be in a crowded place with a gun, when his mid finally snapped...

This....just this. I’m not trying to be right this time. I’m trying to shed some light on a very important topic
This thread is my thread. I know this like I know guitar. Been playing for thirty years. You might as well ask me about the first position minor pentatonic scale
edit on 29-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Fact is mass-media and life experience influence peoples actions a hell of a lot more than anti-psychotics or antidepressants do.

They again People take more mass-media and life experience pills than they do actual pills.
Cant stop taking those now can we?

In a way, mass-media is the ultimate drug really.

No bro, you are wrong about this. It IS the meds. Maybe not for you but for ALOT of people.everyones chemistry is different. Incidentally I happen to look like a lot of the shooters. White, male, bald. Maybe there is something in our DNA that doesn’t jive with psychotropic meds. I only share this to get us closer to the truth, or maybe uncover a conspiracy. That’s what this site used to be about before Trump decided to run

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I'm a white male and bald thank you very much!

Stereotype much?

Cheeky rapscallion.
LoL

Profiling is wrong dude!

edit on 29-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Forget the drugs. Focus on the shrink who is prescribing the drugs. He is the MK-Ultra mind controller, pulling the shooter's strings.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

And the fact is that's actually a viable thing to achieve.

Has been for some time as the MK-Ultra program clearly outlines.

How many off the book black budget programs do we not know about is the real question?

They don't even need to be government or military-sponsored as the technologies to so are probably already out there in the wild by now.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I’m telling you he didn’t do it to be famous.

There's no way of knowing that. What we do know is that he probably got the idea from the media coverage of other mass shootings. As all of these idiots probably did.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Monkey see Monkey do really.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I feel like I am trying to teach you something that I know like I know my name, and you and a couple other members want to dismiss it and file it under a convenient cookie cutter umbrella.
What I can tell you unequivocally is that I went from a respected ,productive member of society (making a lot of money)that walked up to the threshold of being one of “them” (I also believed I was equal to Jesus or what have you) and back to being a productive member of society again. The only thing that changed was I quit taking psychotropic meds.
I for one wish the media didn’t give these guys any attention because it makes Americans and gun owners look bad.
But to say they wouldn’t have done it if the news didn’t show it is to have your head in the sand.
You have never felt the rage these people have. Pray you never do
edit on 29-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Forget the drugs. Focus on the shrink who is prescribing the drugs. He is the MK-Ultra mind controller, pulling the shooter's strings.

There is something to that. My doctor had/has a crush on me

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

A criminal record already prevents you from owning a gun

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join