It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game tournament mass shooter was prescribed anti-psychotic and antidepressant medications

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

The main purpose of the guns is to fight tyranny

Whaaaaaa?

Really. Didn't see much tyranny whilst walking around the states? ........without a gun may I add. Felt incredibly safe.
Me , you and everyone reading this knows you’re being obtuse. You can’t troll a troll. I tried to bring logic and real world experience into the conversation but guns are loud and scary. Especially the black ones
PS. You have NO IDEA how may guns you were surrounded with at any given time while walking around in the states
edit on 28-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Now that' a sensible suggestion. That and a criminal record prohibits the ownership of a firearm.

bally

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Out of interest with regards to your answer, respectfully, do you possess a firearm?

bally

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Metallicus

David Katz, the mass shooter who reportedly opened fire on a group of gamers at a “Madden NFL 19” tournament in Florida — killing two fellow gamers, then himself — had been treated for mental illness and prescribed both antipsychotic and antidepressant drugs, according to multiple media reports.

“[A]s a teenager he was hospitalized twice in psychiatric facilities and was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications,” reports Fox News.

This is yet another documented case of a young male on mind-altering psychotropic drugs who later committed mass murder

This will come as a shock to no one on ATS. Once again we see a case of a mentally ill shooter with a long, documented history of anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medication use.

I don't believe it is a coincidence that there is a high correlation between these drugs and anti-social behavior.

Source

I agree, there's a big correlation. Knee jerk reaction is to say never prescribe these types of drugs again, but then how do you treat chemical imbalance in the brain?

They should be banned because their mechanism of action is unknown. Even to the inventors. All they know is “it works”
There’s a real conspiracy for y’all. How are the pharmaceutical companies able to sell these pills they don’t understand?
I could be angry and condescending about the truth like I usually am, but y’all would shut your ears off and this issue is way too important I have faith y’all are truth seekers too.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Are you suggesting that the medications CAUSE the violent behavior (mass shootings)? What if it's the other way around; these guys who have these psycho tendencies often first attempt (or are forced) to try to treat the condition, so they of course are frequently found to be on these meds?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I had a feeling he was on something.
Watch the interview after he wins his first round pick.
Looking at his eyes you'd think he lost, not won by 42 to 7.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

" I don't believe it is a coincidence that there is a high correlation between these drugs and anti-social behavior."

I don't believe it is a coincidence that there is a high correlation between these drugs and mass shootings.

Most of the shooters in mass incidents have also been under the care of doctors closely aligned with the Tavistock Institute in London either.

"We need a program of psychosurgery for political control of our society. The purpose is physical control of the mind. Everyone who deviates from the given norm can be surgically mutilated. ... The individual may think that the most important reality is his own existence, but this is only his personal point of view. This lacks historical perspective. Man does not have the right to develop his own mind. This kind of liberal orientation has great appeal. We must electronically control the brain. Someday armies and generals will be controlled by electric stimulation of the brain.

Dr. Jose Delgado (1915-) Spanish professor of physiology, Director of Neuropsychiatry at Yale Medical School

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I see you gained many stars for that inane rant?

What is this Tyranny you speak of? Examples please.
What makes you live in fear every day you need to be armed? Examples please?
What do you mean "Especially the black ones " Example please?

I find it hilarious people like you spout this tosh like some basement keyboard warrior? Isn't it incredible that every mass shooting I see on TV in your country there is NEVER anyone else with a gun taking on the combatant?

No, you all piss yourself with fear and run. NEVER or if rarely is the combatant shot by a member of the public? So don't tell me it's a deterrent because you are talking complete rubbish. Facts are Facts.

"But i'd use it in my own home" you say.....

Well, I guess that say's a lot about your country then doesn't it. Coupe'd up, living in fear.
I don't think you are immune to break and enters? The whole world has them pal, it's just that the whole world doesn't allow such access to guns like your country does? No guns, less shootings. Simple.

I think the statistics for a shooting whilst breaking and entering in Aus are zero? Oh, yeah and we banned guns. We still have "sporting rifles, hand guns and shotguns" it's just controlled a little stricter than your country mate. And good thing too bud......because it works! (I know, crazy hey???)

edit on 29-8-2018 by CaptainBeno because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
it always amuses me to read these threads - the premise is always the same :

< insert > was prescribed phaermacologicalls to mitigate mental ilness .... ergo tits the drugs fauilt they did < insert >

why do people make this leap of " logic " blattantly ignoring the obvious fact that the person had already been diagnosed with a mental illness ?

but hey - carry on - its a fun read

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

We should start calling it pharmaceutical-induced violence... would be a more apt term than gun violence.

I am not sure that he was throwing tablets at the victims, pretty sure it was bullets which were fired from a gun, so i am going to stick with gun violence myself

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I'm on prescription anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medication yet i have never hurt nor harmed anyone, nor plan to do so or would even consider such.

Sertraline and Flupentixol, they hand them out like sweeties to be honest but just because people are on medication dont mean they are going to become mass murderers.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

I see you gained many stars for that inane rant?

What is this Tyranny you speak of? Examples please.
What makes you live in fear every day you need to be armed? Examples please?
What do you mean "Especially the black ones " Example please?

I find it hilarious people like you spout this tosh like some basement keyboard warrior? Isn't it incredible that every mass shooting I see on TV in your country there is NEVER anyone else with a gun taking on the combatant?

No, you all piss yourself with fear and run. NEVER or if rarely is the combatant shot by a member of the public? So don't tell me it's a deterrent because you are talking complete rubbish. Facts are Facts.

"But i'd use it in my own home" you say.....

Well, I guess that say's a lot about your country then doesn't it. Coupe'd up, living in fear.
I don't think you are immune to break and enters? The whole world has them pal, it's just that the whole world doesn't allow such access to guns like your country does? No guns, less shootings. Simple.

I think the statistics for a shooting whilst breaking and entering in Aus are zero? Oh, yeah and we banned guns. We still have "sporting rifles, hand guns and shotguns" it's just controlled a little stricter than your country mate. And good thing too bud......because it works! (I know, crazy hey???)

Ok troll, I’m your huckleberry. If you don’t know that the purpose of our guns is to make sure that we are never again under the thumb of a tyrannical government, well then you can thank me because I just educated you. They also saved us from a land invasion from japan in WW2. You don’t fight Russia on land because they will scorch the earth and you don’t fight the US on land because “there is a rifle behind every blade of grass”. The American way is give me liberty or give me death. You don’t like it, stay your cowardly ass down there where you already admitted you have gun violence too.
By “black ones” I mean “assault rifles” which really aren’t assault rifles. They’re just black.you can thank me again. You’re a little smarter now. I would much rather be shot by one of those than say a hunting rifle, but I digress.
As for the mass shootings they all happen in gun free zones. That is why nobody shoots back. Because all the victims were law abiding citizens and the shooters were angry cowards looking to make the most carnage.
As for this keyboard warrior, so far my guns have saved me and my family twice. Once in my car and once in my home both the robbers had had pistols, I had my pistol grip 12 gauge( that’s a shotgun) they knew they were screwed. Luckily I never had to pull the trigger, just having it was enough. Yes I drive around with my shotty, just like the police do. I live in the 15th most violent city in the US with my head held high because of our second amendment rights.
You are right, I am not immune to break ins, that is why I need my guns.
Why is it morally superior to be a victim than to save your family?
Is your life not worth defending? What about your family’s?
I just schooled you Troll. You are smarter now. You are welcome
edit on 29-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm on prescription anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medication yet i have never hurt nor harmed anyone, nor plan to do so or would even consider such.

Sertraline and Flupentixol, they hand them out like sweeties to be honest but just because people are on medication dont mean they are going to become mass murderers.

Just a thought.

I’ve read a lot of your posts. I feel better knowing that you are on antipsychotic medication. However if your doctor prescribed a dosage too high or you became too emotional you would experience seretonin syndrome too. Add a little anger and presto! Ask your doctor about the mechanism of action on your meds. He can’t tell you

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This exact thing happened to me when I started Welbutrin. I started getting annoyed at very little things and the anger wouldn't go away. It was to the point that I was seriously considering harming others, so I stopped taking it.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

This exact thing happened to me when I started Welbutrin. I started getting annoyed at very little things and the anger wouldn't go away. It was to the point that I was seriously considering harming others, so I stopped taking it.
Thank you for backing me up with more real world experience. Until they are “there” they can’t understand

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I totally agree with you. The question would be how many of these folks have not taken psych meds. There have also been tragic cases of good mothers that were on psych meds that killed their children. These mass shootings didn't start until the use of the medications were starting to be handed out like candy. I don't see the MSM looking into the obvious correlation very much. Certainly, there is research on this as it would be counterproductive to making money off this stuff.

Most of the antidepressant medications increase serotonin. It is now understood that there is a number of the population that has too much serotonin due to high methylation in their bodies. Unfortunately, the increased methylation can create anxiety and depression so they go to a doctor and get pills that give them more serotonin. This is a recipe for disaster.. And big pharma keeps getting rich of this stuff. I am willing to bet this is what has happened to at least some of these shooters/killers.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It was very wise of you to stop. Unfortunately, when this happens and someone tells their doctor about it sometimes they just increase the dose thinking it's not enough to correct the symptoms of depression. That is what happened to a woman that killed her two sons. She appeared to be a devoted mother and now she is in prison for life.
edit on 29-8-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Truth is i don't take them that much as i don't think they have much of an effect, i did in the past but did not really help.

I don't think i am psychotic nether, the world on the other hand well that's mental. How do you respond to a crazy world if not in a crazy fashion?

My problem lies with depression and PTSD.

Ive read some of your posts also, what prescription medication are you on yourself?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
So you don’t take your psychotropic meds as prescribed and you’ve never thought about harming anyone....hmmm. I think you just proved my point

As I stated above I was prescribed Prozac for depression after a divorce. I stopped on my own because of the rage that would not go away. I felt like an extra on 28 weeks later. When I stopped the rage stopped. Now I’m just back to my old smart ass sarcastic self, but hey, all my coworkers are still alive

The seretonin syndrome can also make you psychotic. When I was “peaking” I had tears in my eyes as I told my girlfriend I was “a son of God.” And I believed it. When I stopped the Prozac, the Messianic delusions stopped as well
edit on 29-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: Added the David Icke moment

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

It was very wise of you to stop. Unfortunately, when this happens and someone tells their doctor about it sometimes they just increase the dose thinking it's not enough to correct the symptoms of depression. That is what happened to a woman that killed her two sons. She appeared to be a devoted mother and now she is in prison for life.

This is true. I started taking Prozac 20mg. After a few talks with my doctor I was finally up to 80 mg.( after 40mg, then 60mg) This is when I lost my mind

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join